Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post
    Nope, no-one else...
    Strange... I just tried and I can't change the preferences either.
    I uninstalled the previous version before I installed 0.9.0.
  2.    #62  
    OK - now I'm worried.
    Seems I can't reproduce this and it works flawlessly on my Pre as well as in the emulator.

I guess it's back to development. I'll be working on it this weekend so will keep you all posted.

Thanks for your patience everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Strange... I just tried and I can't change the preferences either.
    I uninstalled the previous version before I installed 0.9.0.
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  3.    #63  
    For those of you interested in latest releases (with fixes mods) as well as new products, here's some URLs for you to load into FileCoaster and try...

P2GoogleVoice:
    --------------
    http://p2labs.com/download/com.p2lab..._0.9.0_all.ipk

P2Snippets:
    -----------

P2Wardrobe:
    --------------
    OK - now I'm worried.
    Seems I can't reproduce this and it works flawlessly on my Pre as well as in the emulator.

I guess it's back to development. I'll be working on it this weekend so will keep you all posted.

Thanks for your patience everyone...
    Ok, just because I like repetition...

While DevMode is on, I uninstall the app again, rebooted my Pre and installed via WebOS Quick Install. Opened the app and still can't turn Sounds or Alerts off, swiping multiple times on each.

I turned DevMode off, rebooted, opened the app and still can't turn Sounds or Alerts off, swiping multiple times on each..

Uninstalled the app, rebooted, installed via FileCoster (Homebrew List).

Now this will sound weird but...
    I swiped to turn off Alerts a few times and it didn't work. I swiped a few more times on each and then suddenly Alerts turned off. Turned back on and Notification appeared at bottom.
    I swiped several times at Sounds and it still didn't turn off. I swiped again on Alerts and turned them on and off, Notification appeared at bottom when turning on. I then swiped at Sounds and it turned off.

I don't know what to tell ya. Although the more I play with it, I think it has to do with making sure you start the swipe right on the button, almost pausing for an instant. Really quick swipes that start a bit too far to the right or left of the button will result in the setting not changing... Almost like a sensitivity thing. Unless there is some kind of process that might be lagging when the Preferences screen opens before the controls are "available". Note that during all of the above tests, no other apps were open and no animals were harmed in any way.

I've done Windows app development for may years and always hated chasing ghosts. So right now, yeah, I would chalk this up to user error

After dinner I might uninstall, reboot and reinstall again, just because I like the abuse.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 09/15/2009 at 04:17 PM.
  5.    #65  
    I wonder how you went?
    I've just undergone the Pal App Catalog process (Round 1???) and they didn't notice any problem there. Of course, they mentioned 3 million other things

If only I could develop in C++ or C# for the Palm

Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Ok, just because I like repetition...

While DevMode is on, I uninstall the app again, rebooted my Pre and installed via WebOS Quick Install. Opened the app and still can't turn Sounds or Alerts off, swiping multiple times on each.

I turned DevMode off, rebooted, opened the app and still can't turn Sounds or Alerts off, swiping multiple times on each..

Uninstalled the app, rebooted, installed via FileCoster (Homebrew List).

Now this will sound weird but...
    I swiped to turn off Alerts a few times and it didn't work. I swiped a few more times on each and then suddenly Alerts turned off. Turned back on and Notification appeared at bottom.
    I swiped several times at Sounds and it still didn't turn off. I swiped again on Alerts and turned them on and off, Notification appeared at bottom when turning on. I then swiped at Sounds and it turned off.

I don't know what to tell ya. Although the more I play with it, I think it has to do with making sure you start the swipe right on the button, almost pausing for an instant. Really quick swipes that start a bit too far to the right or left of the button will result in the setting not changing... Almost like a sensitivity thing. Unless there is some kind of process that might be lagging when the Preferences screen opens before the controls are "available". Note that during all of the above tests, no other apps were open and no animals were harmed in any way.

I've did Windows app development for may years and always hated chasing ghosts. So right now, yeah, I would chalk this up to user error

After dinner I might uninstall, reboot and reinstall again, just because I like the abuse.
  6.    #66  
    Version 0.9.1 (Dedicated homebrew version now released!!!)
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    You must be a mind reader because date and time variables was one of the major things I was suggesting in my lost post. The new version is fantastic for helping with time tracking and client contact. Thank you!!!

(Unrelated to your app, but in the Pre, Palm made it unbelievably hard to quickly append something to the note for a contact.)
  8.    #68  
    Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it. I have a lot more planned but I'm just waiting to see how I go with the Palm App Catalog submission process. Once that's all nailed down I'll be adding much more.

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    You must be a mind reader because date and time variables was one of the major things I was suggesting in my lost post. The new version is fantastic for helping with time tracking and client contact. Thank you!!!

(Unrelated to your app, but in the Pre, Palm made it unbelievably hard to quickly append something to the note for a contact.)
    Looks like you got into the App Catalog! Congrats!
  10.    #70  
    Thanks - they're still updating as the description and images don't appear from all the new ones added this afternoon. I'm still waiting for P2GoogleVoice to appear as well.

I've already updated my website with some snappy graphics (check 'em out!!) - the text is to be updated this evening.

Now - back to the latest releases about to come out and hit Homebrew forums first (I won't forget where I get all my best user ideas).

AND A BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OTHER PUBLISHERS WHO MADE IT AS WELL

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Looks like you got into the App Catalog! Congrats!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Congrats on making the catalog!!

One question though, what to do? Do I need to delete the homebrew version if I want to install the catalog version? Can both be installed at the same time?
  12.    #72  
    Thank you!

I'm not sure if Palm digitally signs the apps therefore making it distinctly different from the homebrew version. If they are I don't see why not but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm planning a release to the Homebrew version shortly. HB versions will always be at least at the same level as the Palm Catalog version or better. It's in this place I can try out new features/fixes and get user feedback which goes to making it better. After a few interim releases here I'll make an update to the general Palm public.

In the meantime - I'd follow this simple rule...

Palm Catalog Version: more stable - less frequent releases
    Homebrew Version: interim and more frequent releases

The choice is up to you. As it's always free you can alternate which version you want to use. I'd guess you'd probably have to delete a Palm Catalog version to install a Homebrew version and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Congrats on making the catalog!!

One question though, what to do? Do I need to delete the homebrew version if I want to install the catalog version? Can both be installed at the same time?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Cool, thanks for the clarifcations.
    Love this app and had been using it.

Today I noticed that it made it to the app catalog. So I went to WebOS Quick Install and Uninstalled it. I had version 0.9.1.

I did the uninstall because I wanted to be sure everything would work correctly since it's now in Palm App Catalog and I would probably from now on use that to get my updates for this app.

Problem, it won't download from the Palm App Catalog now.

I hit the download button on the bottom of the screen and it says it's downloading but when it's done it goes back to saying 'Download'.

What is going on here?

Is there a problem on Palm's App Catalog system?

Anyone know why this is happening? Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Exact same for me. Says downloading, fills loading bar, then back to downloading. I went back to Preware and put the homebrew back on
    Good at least I'm not the only one. I'm also getting an error with Virtual Keyboard as well. I know, this doesn't belong here. Sorry!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

17.    #77  
    Guys, sorry to hear you've got problems installing from the catalog. When you deleted the app did you hold the red button down and tap the icon? That's how to delete an app. I'm not familiar with WebOS Quick Install. Sounds like it may not be a clean un-installation using that tool?
    When you deleted the app did you hold the red button down and tap the icon?
    What red button, there is only an orange button, is that what you are talking about.

Anyway, I used WebOS Quick Install to delete the app, isn't that a better choice for deleting homebrew apps?

I ended up just installing it with WebOS Quick Install until whatever is wrong is fixed.

If you are saying something is not getting cleaned up, how to I fix that?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

19.    #79  
    Sorry - orange button - yes...

I'm not familiar with the utility you used to install it with. Most users have either used FileCoaster or the Palm Catalog.

It 'sounds' like something is not cleaned up when using the WebOs Quick Install tool to delete an app. If I delete it using the button method it all re-installs fine...

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    What red button, there is only an orange button, is that what you are talking about.

Anyway, I used WebOS Quick Install to delete the app, isn't that a better choice for deleting homebrew apps?

I ended up just installing it with WebOS Quick Install until whatever is wrong is fixed.

If you are saying something is not getting cleaned up, how to I fix that?

Thanks!

Rob
    I just looked at the Pre using Internalz and I think the program got installed by the app catalog but did not initialize.

I found a directory called /var/usr/palm/applications/ca.canucksoftware.i... is that your application and isn't that Palm's app directory or is that the old homebrew directory?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast