Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Man, I wish Palm was as responsive as you!!!
    Glad to be of assistance!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I'm going to second the request for a "secure" option. Don't need another app, just add an option to secure a record with a password. Of course, I'm not a developer so I have no idea how "easy" or "hard" this might be.

I'm on my third donation now and I've only had my Pre for 4 days!! This forum is excellent.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I find myself using this application constantly. I have even moved it to the main 4 icons. The only other tweak is to get a better icon for the app itself. Some colour maybe?
    Last edited by Quintus; 09/02/2009 at 09:19 PM.
    Like the functionality-really sweet. And your responsiveness is impressive. Thanks for the excellent work. Two questions though, are there any restrictions on characters used and is there a limit to snippet size? Reason I ask--I've attempted to store a couple of quotes to snippets and the app will not retain them between launches. They are 'stored' for the time the app is open, but are not there when I reopen it later. Other snippets work as advertised. The only thing I can see is either use of quotes in the quotation or snippet length.
    Love the app. It actually allowed me to save my emoticons so that I don't have to remember them. I also use it for name and e-mail address so that I don't have to retype all that information for website.

Can others tell me what they're using the app for? I know I'm not utilizing it half as much as I could.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I wrote a detailed post and it is not here. I have no idea what happened. I will try and rewrite once I stop cursing.
  7.    #47  
    Hope it was all positive comments...

Quote Originally Posted by crm17 View Post
    I wrote a detailed post and it is not here. I have no idea what happened. I will try and rewrite once I stop cursing.
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  8.    #48  
    New update coming in sync with App Catalog version...
    New features too!!!!!!!
    Stay tuned...
  9.    #49  
    New release with date and time variables available!!!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    How do we update? File Coaster does not recognize the new version number as an upgrade? Do I have to delete v. 1.0.3 to get the update? If so, I guess I'm going to lose all of my snippets?
  11.    #51  
    Quintus,
    As part of the process to submit apps to the Palm App Catalog - unfortunately...
    • Palm are very specific that the version number is less than 1.0
    • I don't know how FileCoaster was implemented (but it makes sense that it wouldn't upgrade to a lower number)

...so my hands are tied.

As a work around you can do one of the following...
    1. Copy snippets to your memo app (using P2Snippets) and add them back after you delete and install using FileCoaster
    2. Delete P2Snippets and use FileCoaster to install and then re-enter snippets

Once again - sorry about this but it's one of the above work arounds or I'd have to have two versions floating around. I hope this doesn't inconvenience you or anyone else too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    How do we update? File Coaster does not recognize the new version number as an upgrade? Do I have to delete v. 1.0.3 to get the update? If so, I guess I'm going to lose all of my snippets?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    No worries! Thank YOU for an amazing app!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    @P2Labs -

You know, I've had this on my Quick Launch bar for awhile now.

I didn't think you could top yourself, but the new version is great!

Categories - oh my!

Variables - oooohhhh.....

Excellent!

Many, many thanks,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post
    Well, yes and no. It can be multiple lines of text but it will only paste into a single field. Hope you enjoy it - and of course you can vote (by clicking on the stars here)...

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/p2snippets
    Nice APP, Thanks!

How does multiple lines work? I can't seem to get it to accept a C/R. I'd like to have a

Name
    Address
    City, State zip

snippet
  15.    #55  
    Now there's an idea - more snippet variables!
    Thank you very much - I'm on it...

Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post
    Nice APP, Thanks!

How does multiple lines work? I can't seem to get it to accept a C/R. I'd like to have a

Name
    Address
    City, State zip

snippet
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    What's going on with one of my favorite apps!!!! I deleted the old version and upgraded to the new v.0.9. I can't change any of the preferences (i.e. I can't turn off the sound feedback) and hitting the clipboard on the main page launches the snippet for editing but does not place the text on the clipboard.

HELP!!!!!

Revised: OK...I figured it out but still confused. In order to copy to the clipboard, you now press anywhere on the snippet. If you press the clipboard icon, you go into edit mode. Weird. I think I prefer the old system where you press the clipboard icon to add the text to the clipboard and the snippet itself to edit it.

Preferences still not working. Can't turn off either of the switches.
  17.    #57  
    Sorry to hear you were concerned. I changed it to tap the text to copy as it was easier to locate with your finger when searching for a snippet (user requests).

However, the settings work on mine as well as other Pres. Not sure what the problem is. Did you delete your old version and install 0.9.0 ?

I am truly proud that users actually find this app useful...

What's going on with one of my favorite apps!!!! I deleted the old version and upgraded to the new v.0.9. I can't change any of the preferences (i.e. I can't turn off the sound feedback) and hitting the clipboard on the main page launches the snippet for editing but does not place the text on the clipboard.

HELP!!!!!

Revised: OK...I figured it out but still confused. In order to copy to the clipboard, you now press anywhere on the snippet. If you press the clipboard icon, you go into edit mode. Weird. I think I prefer the old system where you press the clipboard icon to add the text to the clipboard and the snippet itself to edit it.

Preferences still not working. Can't turn off either of the switches.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Actually, I think I now like the change! When you think about it, you are using the copy to clipboard option more often than the edit option and so it makes sense that there would be a larger area for the copy to clipboard option. Great revision!

Regarding the preferences, though, I still cannot change them. I've deleted and re-installed and still can't get the switches to work. Noone else having this problem?
  19.    #59  
    I thought of that - but I've moved to a totally monochrome desktop on my dev box (using Rainmeter and the Enigma skins). I'm so used to monochrome now every time I see colors I think they're too garish...

I find myself using this application constantly. I have even moved it to the main 4 icons. The only other tweak is to get a better icon for the app itself. Some colour maybe?
  20.    #60  
    Nope, no-one else...

Actually, I think I now like the change! When you think about it, you are using the copy to clipboard option more often than the edit option and so it makes sense that there would be a larger area for the copy to clipboard option. Great revision!

Regarding the preferences, though, I still cannot change them. I've deleted and re-installed and still can't get the switches to work. Noone else having this problem?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast