Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Have you tapped in the address bar first? You need to be in an edit field where paste is allowed...
    P2Labs :: finger on the pulse...
    P2Labs.com | Twitter | P2Snippets | P2Wardrobe
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    I'd strongly advise against using this for banking passwords, or for any other sensitive information, as there's no authentication or encryption protecting the entries. Anyone picking up your phone would have access.

For low-security stuff (e-mail address, etc.), it's great.
    Absolutely, if I added encryption (I thought about it) you'd then need to enter a password to access data and that defeated the purpose of easy access to snippets.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Yes, i was talking about AutoText. I couldn't remember the name.
    I now understand, thanks. So I guess if you are going to have more than one snippet, you will need to have the app open while you are using it on different sites.
    Yep - but at least the Pre can do this (not like the iPhone)...
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post
    Absolutely, if I added encryption (I thought about it) you'd then need to enter a password to access data and that defeated the purpose of easy access to snippets.
    You could do an onscreen PIN lock in the same manner of the Pre's lock functionality? I feel like that'd be unobtrusive enough.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigolblob View Post
    You could do an onscreen PIN lock in the same manner of the Pre's lock functionality? I feel like that'd be unobtrusive enough.
    That's certainly food for thought. Back to the Labs to see what's a good way to implement this. Many thanks for your suggestion. Let's hope it makes it in there.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaspalm View Post
    P2Snippets

EXCELLENT - Have been Waiting For this.!
    Enjoy...
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bds9487 View Post
    Me, too.

Nice app, very useful. Good job.
    Hope you find it useful. Any suggestions are always welcome...
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    Nice idea!

My thoughts:

1) I agree with the above suggestion that tapping the post-it icon on the front page (or a button that said "Copy") to copy to the clipboard would save a step.

2) It would be helpful to enable Edit | Copy and Edit | Paste in the menus to help with initial entry.

3) Is there currently any way to add your app to the menus of other apps to avoid having to start it up explicitly?
    Done!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    One other thought ... you might put the actual snippet (or a portion of it) on the front screen too. Just use the smaller font and replace the "Tap to view, etc" ... you really don't need to see that, especially on every snippet, it's pretty intuitive.

And just one more time ... thanks!
    Done! Many thanks for the suggestion...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Just to be sure: this is a one liner, i.e. user could not enter
    name
    password
    for pasting into.... for example: gMail

Thanks for a very useful app. I'll vote for your app but where do I do that?

--
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by janrif View Post
    Just to be sure: this is a one liner, i.e. user could not enter
    name
    password
    for pasting into.... for example: gMail

Thanks for a very useful app. I'll vote for your app but where do I do that?

--
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
    Well, yes and no. It can be multiple lines of text but it will only paste into a single field. Hope you enjoy it - and of course you can vote (by clicking on the stars here)...

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/p2snippets
  12.    #32  
    Just waiting for moderator to release to the world...

Release 1.0.2 includes the following user feedback...

• Enlarged icon
    • Tap on item text to view/edit snippet
    • Tap on item icon to immediately copy to clipboard
    • Preferences to allow banner notifications
    • Form for user feedback
    • Hints on each screen

Keep those votes and thanks coming...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Beautiful utility app! Thank you.

Some ideas - on the bottom of the main screen - change the Create... button to a round "+" button on the left (like in Tasks), change the Hints button to a round "?" button on the right, and in between those, place 3 new ones...

1) Date to clipboard (guess you'd use locale settings for format)
    2) Time to clipboard (optional configuration for HH:MM:SS, I'd default to HH:MM)
    3) Date & time to clipboard

And yes, I did vote for your app, it's also earned center position on my Quick Launch bar! (donation when I have a few spare dollars )

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Labs View Post
    Remembering a single password to get access to multiple passwords would be great. Have an option to mask out the snippet, too. Then encrypt the datastore and we're all set.

I've been looking for a tool like this for a while. I use keepass for password management on my desktops and would love to see a implementation like that. Include the ability to generate secure passwords and manage expirations and such and you would have a killer app.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by P2Labs
    Perhaps you could have an encrypt flag on each record (as a check box, perhaps?).

Any record with the flag set would display as masked, and you'd only need the password to access those. Records without the flag would act as they do now. Perhaps even sort by encryption flag, also.

HTH,

-JerryG
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I like this app for use with messaging (to replace lost functionality of Treo). HOWEVER, to me the Title of the snippit is superfluous (since I only use short texts), the text "says it all". As a compromise for people who like the title text, I propose that if a Title is not added only the first n characters of the text is displayed (preferred) or the the first n characters of the text is displayed twice.
  17.    #37  
    Jerry,
    Thanks for the kind words (and great suggestions)!!!
    They're in now and available in v1.0.3.
    Enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Beautiful utility app! Thank you.

Some ideas - on the bottom of the main screen - change the Create... button to a round "+" button on the left (like in Tasks), change the Hints button to a round "?" button on the right, and in between those, place 3 new ones...

1) Date to clipboard (guess you'd use locale settings for format)
    2) Time to clipboard (optional configuration for HH:MM:SS, I'd default to HH:MM)
    3) Date & time to clipboard

And yes, I did vote for your app, it's also earned center position on my Quick Launch bar! (donation when I have a few spare dollars )

Regards,
    -JerryG
  18.    #38  
    Many thanks for the suggestions.
    I might have to release "P2SecureSnippets" () as a lot of people don't want any security and want to just tap and go.

However, it's certainly food for thought. I'll keep you posted on progress/outcomes...

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantone View Post
    Remembering a single password to get access to multiple passwords would be great. Have an option to mask out the snippet, too. Then encrypt the datastore and we're all set.

I've been looking for a tool like this for a while. I use keepass for password management on my desktops and would love to see a implementation like that. Include the ability to generate secure passwords and manage expirations and such and you would have a killer app.
  19.    #39  
    That's probably a halfway measure to P2SecureSnippets (see post just above).
    I can see I've got my work cut out.
    Many thanks everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Perhaps you could have an encrypt flag on each record (as a check box, perhaps?).

Any record with the flag set would display as masked, and you'd only need the password to access those. Records without the flag would act as they do now. Perhaps even sort by encryption flag, also.

HTH,

-JerryG
  20.    #40  
    Wow!
    Who would have thought so many great ideas.

Like ConEd says - "On it..."

Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    I like this app for use with messaging (to replace lost functionality of Treo). HOWEVER, to me the Title of the snippit is superfluous (since I only use short texts), the text "says it all". As a compromise for people who like the title text, I propose that if a Title is not added only the first n characters of the text is displayed (preferred) or the the first n characters of the text is displayed twice.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast