Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Scrolls large text across the screen in landscape mode so that other people in really loud or really quiet places can get your message. Supports adding, editting, and deleting saved messages.

EDIT 8/20 (v0.2.0):
    - new/editted/deleted messages are now saved
    - back button fixed on edit screen
    - new preferences screen added
    - supports foreground/background colors
    - supports variable speeds

KNOWN ISSUES
    - scrolled messages sometimes are cut off
    - hitting back button on edit screen while editting a message will not save the updated message

License: this application is NOT open source. Do not distribute!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by d0lph1nK1ng; 08/20/2009 at 11:24 PM.
    awesome!!!!!!!1
    I no longer have to bookmark:
    Marq

Last edited by Mannyman; 08/14/2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added pic
    a neat - simple idea. thanks!

now, for your next project... would it be possible for you to program the pre to control my new robot (http://www.spykeeworld.com/spykee/US/index.html)? there are a lot of forums out there with open source, i just don't know how to interface with the pre. you control the robot with wifi, so it would be a neat idea to just use the phone and have it load "pics" fast enough to look like video if not just stream video directly.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I can't get to your homepage from work... how does this ScreamIt app work? I put in a message, so how do I get it to scroll? Or save messages?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
    I can't get to your homepage from work... how does this ScreamIt app work? I put in a message, so how do I get it to scroll? Or save messages?
    tap it from the main screen (if on edit screen then hit the back arrow or swipe back)
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Hmmmm... there's nothing on the main screen to tap when I go back (have to swipe... back arrow doesn't work). When I go back from the edit screen, I think it's forgetting everything I've entered.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I had problems to get the added string to be available on the main screen. I added a message clicked outside the entry field so the new + message prompt showed up below my message, hit the <- button and nothing.. did a back swipe and I was on the main screen, but no messages available. I had to exit the app and restart, then my new message was available for scrolling. seems to be a bug.

Cool app though.. you can do a lot with this.. like you said, add color selections.. do flashing messages, different fonts.. make it look like an LED message board, etc.
    Very Sweet!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Good catch, Unc... I tried what you said and it worked. Had to exit and go back in, then I had things on the main screen to choose from.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Also, the color picker doesn't seem to change anything... I always get white text.
    I love the concept and agree this can be fun and cant wait to use it at my loud bar to ask for a rum and coke but its a bit buggy???

thing you may want to look at dolphin....

1. To save a text you have to leave the app and go back in for it to save its kinda weird.

2. After entering a text and hitting enter it shoots me to the top to edit the top one makes more sense for it to either go to the next new message or just complete editing and not scroll to the top. most people will not pay attention and edit there first message thinking its doing a new one.

3. After playing with it for a few I was editing and going back and forth between edit mode and non and now I have no messages to edit there all gone in edit mode somehow then After restarting the app there all gone completely ?? Major buzz kill after entering about 15 messages.

4. Color picker doesn't work at all from what I can tell??
    Also, the color picker doesn't seem to change anything... I always get white text.
    also, the entire message doesn't show up all the time (even for the short ones). Clever app though.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Thanks! I like this app.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Hmmmm... there's nothing on the main screen to tap when I go back (have to swipe... back arrow doesn't work). When I go back from the edit screen, I think it's forgetting everything I've entered.
    Same thing here. Hmmm.

UPDATE: Well, as I was entering the above message, the screen went black and "Foo Bar" started scrolling across the screen. Hrrrrmm? It seems like there's a hidden menu item on the front screen that turned on the "Foo Bar". I press right underneath the "Messages" line and there's nothing there, but the field highlights, the screen blacks out, and "Foo Bar" starts going across the screen. Still can't save any custom messages, though.
    Having the same issues others stated.

Love the app though, just needs a update.
    Great idea. Funny as hell. One thing though: Color is not working for me at all? Messages entered are gone after restart?

Thanks for the app though!
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/14/2009 at 03:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Can't wait until you work the kinks out.
    1. Adding a new message - have to erase "new message" text before entering your own text

2. "back" arrow does nothing
    3. Newly added messages don't appear in message list until you exit and restart app
    4. Had 2 messages saved and entered a third message. After exit and re-start, the first 2 messages were gone.
    5. Color selection in preferences does nothing.

Other than that, it works OK
    1. Drops the last letter half the time.
    2. Back button does not work from the edit screen.
    3. Color picker does not work. (always white text on Black)

I like the idea of this app, but it doesn't work very well atm.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mx2001 View Post
    1. Adding a new message - have to erase "new message" text before entering your own text

2. "back" arrow does nothing
    3. Newly added messages don't appear in message list until you exit and restart app
    4. Had 2 messages saved and entered a third message. After exit and re-start, the first 2 messages were gone.
    5. Color selection in preferences does nothing.

Other than that, it works OK
    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast