Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    this is a much better version...the one b4 didnt even work for me...this one is perfect...thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Suggestion for next version: No need to scroll small 1 word messages that fit on the screen (up to approx. 5 or 6 chars). Would be nice to have an option to keep those static, and then maybe add a blink option? Or maybe touch the screen to toggle scroll/freeze on & off?
    Great app
    THX
    Much, much better. Thanks!

Still a strange issue with certain strings not displaying completely.

45 mph displays as just 45

mmmmm displays as mmm

Keep up the great work. We appreciate your dedication to the Pre.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Yeah, the previous one didnt work for me either. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Ah much better on the update THANK YOU!

Using the black color backdrop revealed a dead or stuck pixel... Ran the YouTube fix like 10 times but still stuck.
  7.    #47  
    make sure to update your ratings according to the new version of the app! =]
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    nice update !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    Suggestion for next version: No need to scroll small 1 word messages that fit on the screen (up to approx. 5 or 6 chars). Would be nice to have an option to keep those static, and then maybe add a blink option? Or maybe touch the screen to toggle scroll/freeze on & off?
    Yes!

This is my request as well. Allow scroll speed to Off and then font drops down to a smaller font. (You don't need as big a font if it is stationary and we need more than 4-5 characters on screen at a time.)

I would like to pop up a short message of up to 12 characters split into two rows of 6 characters each such as:

Help!

Go?

Hungry

Leave?

Save
    me

Text
    me

XXX-
    XXXX

Maybe in this format:

That last one is your phone number so you could start texting notes.

Being able to have the text flash would get their attention - great option.

- Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/24/2009 at 04:35 PM.
    I like this and think it's a cute app. And I might find a need for it.

But when I started the scrolling message, I could not find a way to stop it without closing out the app.

Is there a way to go back to settings mode or edit mode. Do we have to exit the app to do that all the time?

Why not put some help in the help menu as well as the app info.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Well, I just discovered the back swipe to get back to the setting area. Sorry!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Can you make it look cool like this: 38i: LED MESSAGE for iPhone

We could use this if the javascript would notice the Pre being horizontal as well now but a stand alone version may be cool for us. Just some thoughts.
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/25/2009 at 10:38 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Can you make it look cool like this: 38i: LED MESSAGE for iPhone

We could use this if the javascript would notice the Pre being horizontal as well now but a stand alone version may be cool for us. Just some thoughts.
    i am not blatantly copying other apps
    Last edited by d0lph1nK1ng; 08/28/2009 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    i am not copying other apps

Look man. First that is not even a phone app, it is a web site with javascript on it.

Second there is nothing wrong with copying "ideas."

You mean to tell me that none of your programs are influenced by some application someplace? Come on... ii

What I am asking is can you make the app scroll like an LED sign (w/color options) that's all. Yes there are many apps that do this on the iphone. So we cannot have it now?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I like this one. Thanks
    Paladin I'm working on a LED matrix renderer that can do this (and other things).
    I't s happening along the sidelines so it will be a while but I got it to the point where it can render frames. Here's a test screenshot:

Note: 'copying other apps?' please?! Almost any app has been done before in some way or another.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    What he really means to say is that a dot matrix rendering engine is pretty hard to code. :P I have single frame rendering in place and I have an idea on how I'll handle animation but this isn't easy.

I like challenges though so I'll get it right eventually
    Bitterness from the porpoise prince. Hmmm.
    btw, I like this app. It's fun, and useful. I just think when one's made a digital clock app, which has been done more than once before, it's sort of bad form to bash the same. What's wrong with porting an app? What's wrong with improving on someone else's?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast