Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Moderator Note:
    This thread is about developing a specialized reader application.
    Any post about anything other than this application development will be deleted.

A great companion for any Muslim.

This app will calculate your local prayer times, show you what phase the moon is in, and point you in the direction of Qibla.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 08/21/2009 at 02:19 PM.
    kkhanmd and Mize like this.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by majestiq View Post
    A great companion for any Muslim.

This app will calculate your local prayer times, show you what phase the moon is in, and point you in the direction of Qibla.
    Great app... I think it would be better to rename it "Salat Times" or something like that. Just a tho.
    jazak allah for the excellent app.
    does this send u and notification or alarm, when its time to pray?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    does this send u and notification or alarm, when its time to pray?
    same question.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Bah! Stole my idea!

I was actually half way through an app that does the exact same thing!

My app was going to include an option to set notifications or an alarm for a prayer time with a button press... Do you plan on adding this to your app... or should I continue with my own version?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Jazakallah, Great App. Right before Ramadan =) Works perfectly ..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Bah! Stole my idea!

I was actually half way through an app that does the exact same thing!

My app was going to include an option to set notifications or an alarm for a prayer time with a button press... Do you plan on adding this to your app... or should I continue with my own version?
    I do plan on adding this. It is actually the next item on my list. There will probably be an option for a simple notification.. or to play the azaan when it is time.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Hey, probably a simple answer for this. I've seen quite a few prayer apps that use a compass - how does that work? Is it something where you work out yourself where north is, and then it works out direction for prayer from that? Or is there something more awesome that could be used for general direction finding?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    wondering also about compass.
  11. smx
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    hey , I know this might out of the question but....

Can you release the source code and we can help develop it with you. We can all submit the changes to you and you can always have the right to reject the change or let it go through. I also was half way on an app that is very similar, however mine had a few pages that contained prayers and things to say as zoom-able images (pre doesn't support Arabic text). I thought we call all make one great app that does everything. Again feel free to say No I am a developer and I understand.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Hey, probably a simple answer for this. I've seen quite a few prayer apps that use a compass - how does that work? Is it something where you work out yourself where north is, and then it works out direction for prayer from that? Or is there something more awesome that could be used for general direction finding?
    unfortunately... the pre doesn't have a build in compass like the iPhone 3GS.. therefore.. it is not possible to point the right way regardless of how your phone is facing. The direction shown in this app relies on you lining up the N with the actual north. Once you do that, the arrow will point the direction of Qibla.

In its current state, its meant to be used for as an estimate than an exact because you will not be able to figure out exact north unless you have an actual compass handy.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by smx View Post
    hey , I know this might out of the question but....

Can you release the source code and we can help develop it with you. We can all submit the changes to you and you can always have the right to reject the change or let it go through. I also was half way on an app that is very similar, however mine had a few pages that contained prayers and things to say as zoom-able images (pre doesn't support Arabic text). I thought we call all make one great app that does everything. Again feel free to say No I am a developer and I understand.
    I will look into getting this setup on something like Google Code and open up the SVN. However, I've never done that before so bear with me for a couple of days.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    Just to expand on this a little further. Unfortunately, it is nothing awesome. Currently, the only way to correctly figure out which way you are facing is to track you via GPS while you move. But that is not really practical in this type of app.
    I just wanted to drop in and say thanx for making this. I am agnostic from a pseudo-Christian background, myself, but I love that different faiths are getting their own apps on the Pre.
    This is cool. I'm not a Muslim, myself, but I've got friends who I'm sure would find this useful. I'll pass the word along.
    Thank you for the awesome app. I look forward to using it. Keep up the GREAT work.
    Great App. Can someone create an app that teaches the way of doing namaz/
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    this will come handy in Ramadan

great app man.. thanks
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Sweet, I was hoping someone would make an app like this soon. very nice, keep up the good work guys
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast