Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by howudothat View Post
    Great App. Can someone create an app that teaches the way of doing namaz/
    For the non-indopak crowd, namaz = salat.
    Great app, God bless you. Can you add the sud compass like the Palm OS app
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    Great app, God bless you. Can you add the sud compass like the Palm OS app
    I'm not sure what you mean by "sud compass" can you explain this?
    Just wondering, has anyone started working on a Quran app?
    I'm sorry, type there. i meant sun compass. this way other than just north, there would be an icon of the sun, so if you point the Pre towards the sun it would figure out north and hence the Quibla from that. that icon obviously would change its position depending on the time of the day. There was an app for the PalmOS called Prayer Minder which did that. Prayer Minder - For the Palm
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleU-B View Post
    Just wondering, has anyone started working on a Quran app?
    I am actually working on this. I plan on allowing quran to be played... as read in english and arabic. I'm currently working on the best way to display the arabic.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by smx View Post
    hey , I know this might out of the question but....

Can you release the source code and we can help develop it with you. We can all submit the changes to you and you can always have the right to reject the change or let it go through. I also was half way on an app that is very similar, however mine had a few pages that contained prayers and things to say as zoom-able images (pre doesn't support Arabic text). I thought we call all make one great app that does everything. Again feel free to say No I am a developer and I understand.
    I sent you a private message about this.
    any way you could implement a ramadan calendar based on location? thanks so much for the app.. it is great the way it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by majestiq View Post
    I am actually working on this. I plan on allowing quran to be played... as read in english and arabic. I'm currently working on the best way to display the arabic.
    Thanks mate...Looking forward to it...
    I do plan on adding this. It is actually the next item on my list. There will probably be an option for a simple notification.. or to play the azaan when it is time.
    Oh OK. The azaan would probably be best. You could try something like an option in preferences that detects if the phone is silent then a notification, or if its not then azaan and notification?

Something like that would work very nicely.

But in general, very nice job!

LOL. Took my second idea as well! I guess I'll have to come up with a different theme of apps to start developing on... haha.
    cant wait for the Quran app
    hope before ramadan.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Jazak Allah Khair for the app. cant wait for more stuff to come out for this phone (your Quran app).

Hurry! Ramadans coming! I think the hardest part is getting the arabic to show up on the pre.
    Salam,

Also wanted to add my thanks to the developer. This is a very helpful app. I was wondering if you could add the notification such that it will give a notification even if the app is not open. I believe the inflight app in Palm App Store has some kind code to do this. So it is possible. Also the sun compass idea floated before sounds like a great option.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thanks it will be useful in ramadan!
    is it possible to play the azaan when it is time?? if you can add this feature by the begining of ramadan that will be awsome! thanks anyway for the great work gazak allah khair
    Why dont you guys develop the pre to make it arabic enabeled?
    jazak allah for this great app
    I added this note in the opening post:

Moderator Note:
    This thread is about developing a specialized reader application.
    Any post about anything other than this application development will be deleted.

If you see any inappropriate posts please just click the triangle I button under their name. In some cases infractions will also be given.

- Craig
  19.    #39  
    tnx is there a taraaweh app?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast