Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahogue82 View Post
    I love this app and appreciate your efforts! One request: I actually prefer the scroll box window that appears when you go to edit the time and date in a default calender entry. Is there any way to make the date and time box within your app under p****d data open to that window?

Hopefully that makes sense. Essentially what I'd like to happen is to type the description and location in the top field, and then use the scroll box window to select the time and date. I feel that'd be less clunky than having to play around with the orange key and keypad to set the time and date.

Again, thanks for all your work!
    Sorry, I don't think this feature will come in. I like to try to keep it rather small and simple (which of course means some compromises) otherwise I fear it will grow to complex. But on the other hand then someone could create "Quick Quick Event" to deal with it... :-)

BTW. It is really funny that the word p-a-r-s-e-d is being censored... :-)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    It's been a while. It's hard to find time for everything you want to do...

Anyway, the following fixes are planned for the next release:
    - all day events
    - more reminder options (including non at all)
    - open the event in the calendar after creation
    - a brief list of examples

Cheers,
    Mikael
    Thank you Very Much!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    gotcha. thx for the explanation. this brings up another question, though, of what the syntax would be for the "next" next friday, which would be the 12th in your example.

take a look at this thread:
    If someone says "next friday" does that mean the 10th or the 17th? - Yahoo! Answers

the natural way that i'd write an appointment, assuming today is monday the 1st, would be:

"lunch 12p-1:30p on friday @the kitchen" to mean friday the 5th

and

"lunch 12p-1:30p next friday @the kitchent" to mean friday the 12th

--

however, since "next friday" currently mean friday the 5th in Quick Event, what is the syntax for the friday that lands on the 12th?

thx.

Correct! The next keyword gives you the first following day (i.e. if it is Monday 1th, next Fri is Friday the 5th and next Mon is Monday the 8th).
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    gotcha. thx for the explanation. this brings up another question, though, of what the syntax would be for the "next" next friday, which would be the 12th in your example.

take a look at this thread:
    If someone says "next friday" does that mean the 10th or the 17th? - Yahoo! Answers

the natural way that i'd write an appointment, assuming today is monday the 1st, would be:

"lunch 12p-1:30p on friday @the kitchen" to mean friday the 5th

and

"lunch 12p-1:30p next friday @the kitchent" to mean friday the 12th

--

however, since "next friday" currently mean friday the 5th in Quick Event, what is the syntax for the friday that lands on the 12th?

thx.
    Yes, I've understand that this is the way the US English is like. Apparently British English is a bit different (where it seems to change between this/next around Monday [not that it really matters, since I'm Swedish ]).

Anyway, currently you can only specify up to 7 days ahead with the next keyword. Further away than that, you'll have to supply a date.

I might add the possibility to specify dates up to two weeks ahead but it wont be in the next release. I also don't want to change the syntax between releases too often either. Sometimes a "non-optimal" solution is better than the optimal if people is used to the "non-optimal". But let's see.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Just started using this via Agenda. Great idea, makes the entry quite a bit zippier compared to the slooooow calendar.

Just one quick suggestion (I modded my copy already):
    Add a No Reminder option - I don't like reminders.
    {label: "No Reminder", value: 'none'},

Thanks for the nice time saver!
  6.    #166  
    I've just uploaded v.0.2.1 to the homebrew catalogue which includes the following updates:

• support for all day events
    • more reminder options, including none at all
    • possible to edit the event after creation
    • replaced the "Quick Event" header with todays date
    • added some help text and examples
    • changed the display date format

I haven't yet figured out how to upgrade the emulator to WebOS 1.2 so I would be glad if someone could verify that is works there as well. Also, I haven't yet verified that the universal search patch works in 1.2 so I suggest you wait with applying that (if you don't know what you are doing).

And since it was requested, I've added a donation button as well. Feel free to donate if you want. There is absolutely no obligations.

If you haven't given this app a rating I would be a happy camper if you did thought!

Cheers,
    Mikael
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Nice update, I enjoy the ability to have a variety of reminder times. Thanks for this handy app!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Does "Via Agenda" mean you are launching Quick Event from within the Agenda app? If so how? "My heart is pounding with the possibility"

TIA

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jhibbs View Post
    Does "Via Agenda" mean you are launching Quick Event from within the Agenda app? If so how? "My heart is pounding with the possibility"

TIA

Jeff
    In Agenda, go to Preferences and enable the option for "Quick Event Icon" and all your dreams will come true.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhibbs View Post

TIA

Jeff
    The bottom left of the application has two icons. The first launches the native calendar app and the second launches Quick Event. Enjoy.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    This may be of interest to some. I use Outlook on my PC and sync with CompanionLink with my Google calendar. I found I can add a task using Quick Event that will then sync with Google and my Outlook calendar. Previously, I could only add on using outlook so I couldn't add tasks if I was away from my PC. Enter using the format:

Task: name of task ad- date

This was kind of the last piece in my calendar puzzle and I love it!!
    Dying to make this work. Concept is fantastic.

But each time, by data won't parse and I get the error message: "Missing description or start time". Have tried all the examples:

Meeting 12-115p 8/11 Bill's office
    Phone interview 10-11:25
    Lunch 12:00pm today

Tried every reasonable combination. Am I missing something? I just type an entry where it says Enter Quick Event and hit ENTER, yes? Have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck. Any advice?
    @ bill's office
    in bill's office
    at bill's office

--

for the last 2 example, it doesn't look like there's a concept of same-day appointments. I can't get to work either.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    All entries will be in the future. If the start time you specify is before the current time it will be adjusted to the next day (the same when you specify a date, if the date is before current date the entry will end up next year). If you specify a time that is later than current time it will be the same day. Is that not the case for you?
    This app is amazing! It's come a long way in a short time. But, (there's always a but) I have a request. In our business we bill by the hour. With that said I use the calendar to keep track of future appointments as well as what I have done. I understand that by default all entries are in the future. However it would be nice if I could enter an event for a date and time in the past If I specify the complete date in the entry.

TIA
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swefert View Post
    The first one will work as - Meeting 12-115p 8/11 at Bill's office - you have no "at" or "@" to specify location in your example.

The second one worked for me (at the time I'm writing this 5:40p Eastern), it made it for tomorrow). Also, you don't need the ":"

The third you should do as Lunch 12- ...of course you'd do it now as Dinner 18-, 6p- will also work.

Simplify, simplify, simplify...

HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    You've basically come thru on all my requests so I put in a donation.

Combined with agenda this is a very nice solution to basically all calendar problems I was having, so I'm happy where things are at. I would think about from a developer standpoint (along with haeffb) about integrating tasks into both agenda and quick event
    Quote Originally Posted by swefert View Post
    Dying to make this work. Concept is fantastic.

But each time, by data won't parse and I get the error message: "Missing description or start time". Have tried all the examples:

Tried every reasonable combination. Am I missing something? I just type an entry where it says Enter Quick Event and hit ENTER, yes? Have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck. Any advice?
    +1 for me too. no matter what I do, I get the same error. I even tried copying the examples in the program exactly and still no good. Any help would be appreciated. (using webos 1.2)
    I am having problems with Quick Events syncing back to my Google Calendar...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Is any one else experiencing any problems or am I doing something wrong?
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    @ bill's office
    in bill's office
    at bill's office

--

for the last 2 example, it doesn't look like there's a concept of same-day appointments. I can't get to work either.
    Correct. Same day appointments are possible (if they are in the future) by just specifying the time (eg. its 5 o'clock and you type "Meeting 7-8").
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by nextelfixer View Post
    +1 for me too. no matter what I do, I get the same error. I even tried copying the examples in the program exactly and still no good. Any help would be appreciated. (using webos 1.2)
    As un_designer writes, there is no @/at/in before the location (as it is in the examples and manual).
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast