Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Despite following the rules to enter info, nothing registers in the calendar. I enter the info into the top then select SUBMIT. Usually only the first line of the parsed data fills. I'm so excited to get this to work. All I want to do is get fast entry of all day events into the calendar without dealing with the multiple steps of the pre calendar. Help?!
    ORIGINAL: gbogost
    can't get any quick event entries into calendar
    Despite following the rules to enter info, nothing registers in the calendar. I enter the info into the top then select SUBMIT. Usually only the first line of the parsed data fills. I'm so excited to get this to work. All I want to do is get fast entry of all day events into the calendar without dealing with the multiple steps of the pre calendar. Help?!

Im having the EXACT problems. I deleted and re-installed, but same problem...HELP, I really want to use this app

3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbogost View Post
    I guess you are not following the rules then...

If only the first line of the parsed data is filled, then the entry is not correct (no duration can be found). What are you typing? Remember that it can not be any spaces in the time declaration (i.e. "1a-2a" not "1 a - 2 a").
    Thank you this is a awsome app you rock been waiting to see something like this ! cant check out the homepage at work but will tell my buds !!!
    Awesome, I would really like to be able to add the webadress hijack without rooting the pre. Any plans to make that so?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    Cool app but can't use it as doesn't have option to add to default calendar which is the one that syncs with outlook
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    One workaround is to create the entry, and then go to that entry on the calendar, edit it, and then change the account that owns it to your exchange account. Thay is what I do for my palm profile account
    I agree with Bebz, this is the one option which is missing to make this a truly productive app. The work around is OK but it is adding unnecessary steps to the process.

Is this a feature which can be added or is there a Palm Pre limitation which would restrict this added feature?
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I agree with Bebz, this is the one option which is missing to make this a truly productive app. The work around is OK but it is adding unnecessary steps to the process.

Is this a feature which can be added or is there a Palm Pre limitation which would restrict this added feature?
    Sorry, this is not possible in WebOS as of today. I've tried a couple of ways to get around this, but unfortunately I haven't had any luck. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    At the moment it adds to a calendar that belongs to the application. I couldn't figure out how to store in other calendars (if it's possible). If anybody knows, let me know.
    this is one of my biggest gripe with palm's implementation/limitation so far. i've installed a couple of apps that adds events to the calendar and now i have 3 additional calendar categories, in addition to the 3 i already have. i seriously hope that this can be remedied with a future OS update, as it will benefit a lot of users like ourselves.

so, in the meantime i'd suggest everyone go to palm's feedback page Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA and let them know.
    I like the concept, didn't work well for me. First, it adjust to the wrong date and day, I think the calender is screwed up. Exp: i tried to pace event for sept 9. 2009 and it placed it parsh to fri, aug.. someday..
    Second, somehow , event shows up as it was placed 4 times means if I have to delete event, I have to do it 4 times for the same event.

Any thoughts?

Any fixes?
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by thakkarn View Post
    I like the concept, didn't work well for me. First, it adjust to the wrong date and day, I think the calender is screwed up. Exp: i tried to pace event for sept 9. 2009 and it placed it parsh to fri, aug.. someday..
    Second, somehow , event shows up as it was placed 4 times means if I have to delete event, I have to do it 4 times for the same event.

Any thoughts?

Any fixes?
    It is always interesting that people think that I am some kind of oracle and don't bother to give an example of exactly what they are trying to type. It's impossible to give any hints from what you are supplying in your post.

But since I'm a nice guy, here are three examples of how place an event on September 9.

"Event 10-11 September 9" or shorter "Event 10-11 s 9" or why not "Event 10-11 9/9".

Regarding your second question: you probably pressed the submit button four times. Right now there is no good notification that the event really is submitted. It's on the to-do list.
    This is a great app - the pre calendar process is so longwinded, I love this shortcut (I miss the old palmpilot graffiti days when you just wrote appointments straight into the calendar.)

What is the correct way to apply the global search patch? Do you just pull it in using QuickInstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by shmoo27 View Post
    Great idea!

Is it possible to specify which calendar the event should go into? Sometimes I like to put things into calendars other than the default one...
    That's why it's called "Quick Event." If you even have time to do that for your calendars then you really don't need this app. I need something quick and ready for input when I'm in hurry. I did this while I was in my car.. and only a few key strokes I ready to step on the gas and goooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    I couldn't be happier.

You can always edit later. Nice App!!!

For d00heden
    Here's my buglist(or features that I want added)

-confirmation/acknowledgement on whenever I hit the submit button

-Don't listen to nobody else. Just leave your god given work of talent alone.

-the ability to save your last input (sometimes when I swipe my finger up accidentially closing the app when I wasn't finished I gotta type in all over again... not really an issue but I'm prone to swiping my finger up all the time.)

-Then again don't listen to nobody else keep doing what you been doing. :-)
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 09/04/2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added buglist
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tab4u View Post
    What is the correct way to apply the global search patch? Do you just pull it in using QuickInstall?
    I did not even know that there was a global search patch until I re-read the OP. I'm also interested in knowing how to apply this patch as this app does not appear anywhere when using the universal search feature.
  14.    #134  
    I've just submitted version 0.2.0 to the homebrew catalogue which contains some useful features (especially the last one):

- notification when submitting an event :-)
    - possibility to set default reminder and duration
    - possibility to store your entries in whatever calendar you want on your phone!!!

<READ THIS>
    To be able to get the last point running I needed to change the domain name of the application. This means that you probably like to remove any old version before installing this (otherwise you'll have two instances with the same name which seems to work but it looks kind of silly).

Remember that when you remove an app that has an account tied to it, it will remove the account as well. Therefore, please move all entries you want to keep to an other calendar!

It might be possible to to install v.0.2.0 before removing the old version to keep the calendar but I'm not promising anything.

I've also needed to do some changes to the Universal search patch so you'll need to re-patch it. The new version can be found in the fist post of the thread or here /var/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.net.heden.webos.quickevent/scripts/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$diff$ on your Pre after you installed v.0.2.0.
    </READ THIS>

If you like this, feel free to boost my ego by clicking on the "Thank you" button or give it a good grade on the homebrew page.

Cheers,
    Mike
    hi. great app.
    how do i apply the search patch? thnx
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    AMAZING!!!! Now I can pick my default calendar.

One suggestion, why not have a "No Reminder" option in the Preferences menu? I rarely use notifications on my events. Was this an oversight?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Yes, a no reminder option please.

One suggestion, why not have a "No Reminder" option in the Preferences menu? I rarely use notifications on my events. Was this an oversight?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Just something to be aware of -

I uninstalled the previous version, which removed the Quick Events calendar account, as expected.

Installing the new version went fine.

I created a new quick event (which recreated the Quick Event account OK), but I could not see anything on my calendar until I restarted *. Closing and reopening the calendar didn't help.

HTH,

-JerryG

(* actually, I used Luna Manager to restart the desktop)
  19.    #139  

Yupp... totally missed that choice. :-) It will be fixed in the next release.
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Just something to be aware of -

I uninstalled the previous version, which removed the Quick Events calendar account, as expected.

Installing the new version went fine.

I created a new quick event (which recreated the Quick Event account OK), but I could not see anything on my calendar until I restarted *. Closing and reopening the calendar didn't help.

HTH,

-JerryG

(* actually, I used Luna Manager to restart the desktop)
    That's a bit strange. I have never seen this. Let me know if it happens again!
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast