Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janrif View Post
    Question: what do you consider 1st day of the week? Sun or Mon?

Suggestion: writing 'next' so often is a PITA. Is there no way of parsing user statement, Ex: lunch wed (means next wed automatically) while lunch 2nd wed would be wed week after that, i.e. in 2 weeks?
    Thank you
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfougere View Post
    I think there's a bug in the universal search patch method though. If the app is already open when you do the universal search entry, the entry does not get updated. A little annoying but not a huge deal. Unfortunately you then have to type in your event code again.
    Yeah, I've noticed that. I will take a look at it.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    I get the same garbage message when using your method.
    Strange. What if you add the "--verbose" option. Could draw any conclusions from that?
  4.    #104  
    Suggestion: writing 'next' so often is a PITA. Is there no way of parsing user statement, Ex: lunch wed (means next wed automatically) while lunch 2nd wed would be wed week after that, i.e. in 2 weeks?
    Yeah, it sounds more natural. I'll do some rethinking.

Question: what do you consider 1st day of the week? Sun or Mon?
    The application doesn't care. Or maybe I didn't understand your question? My personal view is that the week starts on Monday...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    Yeah, it sounds more natural. I'll do some rethinking.
    Thanks for this.

The application doesn't care. Or maybe I didn't understand your question? My personal view is that the week starts on Monday...
    OK, I just thought maybe that had something to do with the 'next' syntax
    Hi.
    Can anyone please explain howto apply the patch for the universal search?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    Hi.
    I second this
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Since there is some confusion about how you apply the patch, here's a short summary (the way I do it anyway, there are probably other ways as well):

1) Use caution. Since this is messing with your system files you should have some clue what you are doing, there is always the chance that something goes wrong and that your system won't start etc. Don't blame me if it don't. Here is a page describing how to recover if something goes bad (you might lose some data though): How To Recover - WebOS Internals

2) You'll need command line access to your phone (Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals)

3) If you haven't used Linux before, please read something like this: Basic Linux Use - WebOS Internals

4) Setup optware (Next steps - WebOS Internals)

5) Install the patch utility ("ipkg-opt update", "ipkg-opt install patch")

6) Take a backup of /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

7) Apply patch: "patch -p0 < global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$diff$.$txt$&$quot$; ($I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $how$ $well$ $the$ $patch$ $works$ $if$ $you$ $already$ $have$ $other$ $patches$ $to$ $the$ $file$ $such$ $as$ $extra$ $search$ $addons$)

8) Reboot.

[9) If something don't work. Restore the backup and reboot.]
    Hey this seems like a really great app. I am trying to follow your instructions and failing. Is there anyway you can put your patch with the others on
    Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

so it can be installed and removed easily using quilt using this processes?
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

if not can you go into a more detailed explanation on how you installed your patch? I'm still trying to figure out Linux so sorry for my ignorance.
  9.    #109  
    OK, I just thought maybe that had something to do with the 'next' syntax
    Ok, I guess (if US English is like British English) that the next is not being used in the absolute "correct" way. In this application, next always refers to the first coming day, i.e. if today is Wed the 1:st, next Fri will be Fri the 3:rd and next Wed will be Wed the 8:th.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    Hi.
    You didn't bother to check a post a couple of posts above did you?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1828257
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by quest1772 View Post
    Hey this seems like a really great app. I am trying to follow your instructions and failing. Is there anyway you can put your patch with the others on
    Portal:Patches to webOS - WebOS Internals

so it can be installed and removed easily using quilt using this processes?
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    I guess I could. I haven't been using quilt myself but I assume that if you do a "quilt import" on my patch you'll be able to use it. (at least if the quilt diffs are the same as the normal diff)

if not can you go into a more detailed explanation on how you installed your patch? I'm still trying to figure out Linux so sorry for my ignorance.
    I'll gladly try to help you but you need to be more specific what your problem is and what you've done. Since you are running quilt I guess you have everything up to point 4.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'll gladly try to help you but you need to be more specific what your problem is and what you've done. Since you are running quilt I guess you have everything up to point 4.
    Ok, thank you for the reply. I’ve gone through step 7 (I backed up the file by pulling out a copy through winscp). Basically, my understanding breaks down once you stray from the importing and applying patched method from the website I posted before, starting with:

Ensure your list of modifications is up to date:
    cd /opt/src/modifications
    git pull

I don’t know how to tell putty where to get your patch from. Is there a way you could post a copy of ‘global-search-assistant.jsjsjs$with$ $your$ $changes$ $in$ $it$? $Then$ $I$ $could$ $just$ $copy$ $it$ $in$ $using$ $winscp$. $If$ $not$ $please$ $explain$ $where$ $to$ $put$ $the$ $txt$ $file$ $so$ $that$ $when$ $I$ $type$:

patch -p0 < global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$diff$.$txt$

it knows where the file is and applies it. Ideally it would use quilt so I could easily apply OTA updates. Thanks for your help.
    Ok, I guess (if US English is like British English) that the next is not being used in the absolute "correct" way. In this application, next always refers to the first coming day, i.e. if today is Wed the 1:st, next Fri will be Fri the 3:rd and next Wed will be Wed the 8:th.
    If today is Wednesday:
    • Fri = this coming Friday, or two days from now
    • this Fri = clarifies that you mean this coming Friday as opposed to next Friday, also two days from now
    • next Fri = clarifies that you mean next Friday, as opposed to this Friday, nine days from now

I can't speak to UK English, but this is how the US does it. If you are going for natural language then this is how you'd have to do it, again, assuming UK and US use it the same way.
  14.    #114  
    Ok, thank you for the reply. I’ve gone through step 7 (I backed up the file by pulling out a copy through winscp). Basically, my understanding breaks down once you stray from the importing and applying patched method from the website I posted before, starting with:

Ensure your list of modifications is up to date:
    cd /opt/src/modifications
    git pull

I don’t know how to tell putty where to get your patch from. Is there a way you could post a copy of ‘global-search-assistant.jsjsjs$with$ $your$ $changes$ $in$ $it$? $Then$ $I$ $could$ $just$ $copy$ $it$ $in$ $using$ $winscp$. $If$ $not$ $please$ $explain$ $where$ $to$ $put$ $the$ $txt$ $file$ $so$ $that$ $when$ $I$ $type$:

it knows where the file is and applies it. Ideally it would use quilt so I could easily apply OTA updates. Thanks for your help.
    Sorry, I can't post the whole file since it's proprietary software (Palm's parts). But if you download the diff from the first post and upload it to the Pre with WinSCP (for example to /tmp). Then open a ssh connection, do a "cd /tmp" and run the command above, then you should be a happy camper.
    I really like the app as it really fills a need. I have a question and a suggestion:
    Once I put in the event and submit, the data remains in the app and I have to type over it. Is there a button for "New Event"?

Suggestion:

I'm really annoyed that Palm did not put in an easy way to go to a date in the calendar. (What ever happened to menu-G?) Anyway, can your program make us an easy way to go to a specific date?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sorry, I can't post the whole file since it's proprietary software (Palm's parts). But if you download the diff from the first post and upload it to the Pre with WinSCP (for example to /tmp). Then open a ssh connection, do a "cd /tmp" and run the command above, then you should be a happy camper.
    YEEEESSSS!!!! Thanks man that worked perfectly!! Here are the instructions for others:
    1) Gain Linux access:
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

2)Then do the option for Automated Setup of Optware, Users and Access (you connect to your pre over a wifi connection)
    Next steps - WebOS Internals

3)Youtube video if you want further explanation of how to root:

4)Install the patch utility , meaning copy and paste what’s inside the quotes into putty after logging into root using “sudo –i”:
    "ipkg-opt update", "ipkg-opt install patch"

5)download winSCP
    WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows

6)Configure pre for winSCP
    Setup SFTP - WebOS Internals

7) If it all works out you can explore your pre with winSCP like you can your computer with windows explorer. Download the patch .txt file from the first post and drag and drop it into the tmp folder. Also, go to usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $drag$ $a$ $copy$ $of$ $that$ $file$ $into$ $a$ $safe$ $place$ $on$ $your$ $computer$ $so$ $that$ $you$ $can$ $replace$ $the$ $patched$ $file$ $when$ $you$ $have$ $to$ $do$ $an$ $over$ $the$ $air$ $update$.

Once in root, using “sudo su -“ type “cd /tmp” into putty (without quotes)
    Then copy and paste this into putty:

(d00heden said he doesn’t know how well the patch works if you already have other patches to the file such as extra search addons)

8) Type “Reboot” into putty then type “exit” two times.
    I did a lot of this earlier when making other changes to my pre. It’s worth it to go through steps 1-7 so you can change the theme of your pre, add patches, add my flashlight and my tether etc.

I never use the calendar because it’s too much of a pain to add things. Now I can just turn on the phone type something like:

“party 9-1am next sat at bar”

Tap the quickevents option and quickevents immediately opens with the phrase typed in, click submit and done, takes <10 seconds. Thanks again d00heden!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmuscato View Post
    Suggestion:

I'm really annoyed that Palm did not put in an easy way to go to a date in the calendar. (What ever happened to menu-G?) Anyway, can your program make us an easy way to go to a specific date?

Thanks!
    There is a way to go to a specific date...when in the calendar, tap on the date listed on the top of the page (e.g. "Today, Tue Aug 18" ) and you will get a "go to" option... Is that what you were looking for?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    This is app is a great idea. I need two things for it though:
    1. Set reminder
    2. Set calendar - I like to sync my phone calendar in full with my google calendar
    Cool app but can't use it as doesn't have option to add to default calendar which is the one that syncs with outlook
    Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    Cool app but can't use it as doesn't have option to add to default calendar which is the one that syncs with outlook
    One workaround is to create the entry, and then go to that entry on the calendar, edit it, and then change the account that owns it to your exchange account. Thay is what I do for my palm profile account
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast