Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Just an other small update (but hopefully welcomed) since I finally understand how alarms should be set (by looking at the PalmDatabase). Would it be that hard to put one small example in the documentation Palm?

Right now the reminder is set 15 minutes before the event starts. This is static for now but will be customizable in future releases.

v.0.1.2:
    - Added reminder (15min, to be configurable in future releases)
    I do not understand the hack. How do I get it installed and hw do I get it to work? Does it come with the app? I have the app, I just do not understand the hack that allows entry from the universal address without opening the app.

Help?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    So does this app use a separate database than the calendar itself?

Do these events sync with my Google Calendar?

I would find ability to add to different calendars very important as I use this feature of Google Calendars on my Pre all the time.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Great app. The one problem with using SMS to create events on google calendar is that you have to wait until google pushes the calendar event to the pre before it's shown on the pre calendar. Your app solves that problem.

I think there's a bug in the universal search patch method though. If the app is already open when you do the universal search entry, the entry does not get updated. A little annoying but not a huge deal. Unfortunately you then have to type in your event code again.
    Great app.

When you have time to tweek I'd also like to second the request the ability to add an all day event
    Hmm. This is GPL, where is the code?

I want to see if I can patch in my favorite feature ideas.
    Don't think this was mentioned earlier, but once the event has been added to the calendar, you can change which calendar group the event belongs to.

• Open the event
    • At the top right, next to the name of the event, click on the box (Quick Event in this case)
    • In the drop down selector, you can change the calendar group, to Google for example.
    • Back out of the event, and give it a few seconds to update.
    Last edited by DryBear; 08/15/2009 at 06:30 PM.
    for the hack, do I simply paste it into putty?
    The formatting instructions NEED to be put into the app. Having to come back here to find out what changed is not acceptable.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    first i like the app very cool but i cant seem to get it to work a put in the info that i want example dentist 11 am santa monica and submitt it but nothing happens it all appears just where i type it where it says type entry
    where is says parsed data only the clip board is field the clock and the house logo stay empty

need help thanks in advance
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    So does this app use a separate database than the calendar itself?

Do these events sync with my Google Calendar?

I would find ability to add to different calendars very important as I use this feature of Google Calendars on my Pre all the time.
    Unfortunately this allowed in WebOs at the moment (non-Palm applications does not have access to other applications data). There might be ways around this but for now you need to use DryBear's method.
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by DStaal View Post
    Hmm. This is GPL, where is the code?

I want to see if I can patch in my favorite feature ideas.
    I haven't had time to generate code archives yet, but it's all there on your phone...
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    The formatting instructions NEED to be put into the app. Having to come back here to find out what changed is not acceptable.
    "Not acceptable" is a rather hard words for a free application that is still in version 0.1. I thought the functionality was more important than a help text.

It will be in there, eventually. In the meantime, you can try to learn the syntax. After all it is not rocket science...
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest Aguilar View Post
    first i like the app very cool but i cant seem to get it to work a put in the info that i want example dentist 11 am santa monica and submitt it but nothing happens it all appears just where i type it where it says type entry
    where is says parsed data only the clip board is field the clock and the house logo stay empty

need help thanks in advance
    For your example you need to type something like:

"Dentist 11am- at Santa Monica" or "Dentist 11a- @ Santa Monica"

For more examples see the first post in this thread or http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/quick-event
    How about a quicklist by tapping on each button.
    Like tapping on clipboard and having meeting, lunch, dentist, etc. to quickpick.
    The clock button, if tapped, can have time settings and date settings available.
    The where button, if tapped, could have, i.e. home, office, restaurant, etc.
    Also add ability to add custom words.

Above would speed-up common entries so that you would not have to always have to think about the proper parsing.
    Could we get some instructions on how to apply this patch? I attempted to patch it with quilt-lite and get this error:

Applying patch /opt/src/patches/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$patch$
    patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
    patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.
    Patch /opt/src/patches/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$patch$ $does$ $not$ $apply$ ($enforce$ $with$ -$f$)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The app works here as advertised when I figured out a few magic things:

'-' must be used for time assignment
    'next' must be used to find day, i.e. next wed even if it's sunday

Question: what do you consider 1st day of the week? Sun or Mon?

Suggestion: writing 'next' so often is a PITA. Is there no way of parsing user statement, Ex: lunch wed (means next wed automatically) while lunch 2nd wed would be wed week after that, i.e. in 2 weeks?

Thanks for a very neat & useful app. I second all the other suggestions in this thread.

Forgot to add: I don't understand what I have to do to get universal search input to create event.

--
    Jan Rifkinson
    Ridgefield CT USA
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
    Could we get some instructions on how to apply this patch? I attempted to patch it with quilt-lite and get this error:
    I've only applied with the "patch" command (patch -p0 < global-serach-asssistant.jsjsjs.$diff$, $found$ $in$ $the$ $optware$ $feed$). $Maybe$ $someone$ $else$ $out$ $there$ $have$ $done$ $it$ $with$ $quilt$?
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    I've only applied with the "patch" command (patch -p0 < global-serach-asssistant.jsjsjs.$diff$, $found$ $in$ $the$ $optware$ $feed$). $Maybe$ $someone$ $else$ $out$ $there$ $have$ $done$ $it$ $with$ $quilt$?
    I get the same garbage message when using your method.
  20.    #100  
    Since there is some confusion about how you apply the patch, here's a short summary (the way I do it anyway, there are probably other ways as well):

1) Use caution. Since this is messing with your system files you should have some clue what you are doing, there is always the chance that something goes wrong and that your system won't start etc. Don't blame me if it don't. Here is a page describing how to recover if something goes bad (you might lose some data though): How To Recover - WebOS Internals

2) You'll need command line access to your phone (Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals)

3) If you haven't used Linux before, please read something like this: Basic Linux Use - WebOS Internals

4) Setup optware (Next steps - WebOS Internals)

5) Install the patch utility ("ipkg-opt update", "ipkg-opt install patch")

6) Take a backup of /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

7) Apply patch: "patch -p0 < global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$diff$.$txt$&$quot$; ($I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $how$ $well$ $the$ $patch$ $works$ $if$ $you$ $already$ $have$ $other$ $patches$ $to$ $the$ $file$ $such$ $as$ $extra$ $search$ $addons$)

8) Reboot.

[9) If something don't work. Restore the backup and reboot.]
    Last edited by d00heden; 08/16/2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast