Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    This is something palm would including in universal search if they were smart. Just open it up, type up the event, and choose "add to calendar" from the u-search list.

Question: can you use "@" instead of "at"?
    I'll second this request for sure. The use of "@" would be key imo.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    hahaha, I added about 17 events for tomorrow before I found out there was no success notification!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Yea but Google won't text me the verification code and I don't know why.

I love this app.
    Sprint blocks shortcodes , you need to call Sprint tech support & have shortcodes unblocked
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    This is only related, but I would love to be able to create Tasks (instead of Calendar events) from universal search.

Perhaps you could have an option to specify the type of item being added (task vs calendar item).

Nice app, though!
    This is great (I hate how WebOS's calendar takes so many steps to add an event, especially compared to PalmOS). However, I'd also love a smarter day specification (i.e., "at|on sat" would be next saturday, "on every sat" would be repeating, etc.), smarter time (default to pm unless "a|am" specified), use default reminder setting, and notify when an event has been saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    If this uses the standard Google Quick Add syntax then my post here should help.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1786362

For some reason the permalinks are not being added correctly for me.
    if so use this: "http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/192175-tip-sms-google-calendar-quickly-add-events-2.html#post1786362"
    I was told by Sprint tech support that google charges 9.00/month for use of shortcode texting to google calendar?
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    No matter what I do, it makes the appointment for tomorrow, not today.
    All entries will be in the future. If the start time you specify is before the current time it will be adjusted to the next day (the same when you specify a date, if the date is before current date the entry will end up next year). If you specify a time that is later than current time it will be the same day. Is that not the case for you?
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcrash View Post
    This is great (I hate how WebOS's calendar takes so many steps to add an event, especially compared to PalmOS). However, I'd also love a smarter day specification (i.e., "at|on sat" would be next saturday, "on every sat" would be repeating, etc.), smarter time (default to pm unless "a|am" specified), use default reminder setting, and notify when an event has been saved.

Recurring events, reminders and notifications are on the list. The defaulting to pm needs to be thought about since it's a conflict with the rest of the world (since 8pm is 20). It can be handled by reading the regional settings to determine if we are running on an AM/PM phone and do it only for those.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Incredible work and concept. I'm blown away daily by what people can do, and the ideas that they have.

Thank you so much for taking the time to develop this. End-users are fairly impatient, but we appreciate the effot you put into this. People like you are making the phone more useful by the day.

Props.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    I was told by Sprint tech support that google charges 9.00/month for use of shortcode texting to google calendar?
    Total BS! How would they even bill you if they wanted to? ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  11.    #71  
    I've just uploaded a new version which includes some of the changes that you have suggested.

Upgrade to v.0.1.1:
    - Default duration time (1 hour for now, to be configurable in the future)
    - a/p can be used instead of am/pm
    - @ can be used for locations
    - times are printed nicer
    - dates can be typed either "Jun 18" or "6/18"
    - fewer characters needed for (some) of the months and weekdays (for example "October 12" can be shortened to "o 12", "next Friday" to "next f")

Just some rather simple fixes before I'm off for vacation
  12.    #72  
    Just a small reminder. If you decide to remove this app remember to move the entries you created with it to an other account since a remove of the application also removes the account (and all calendars etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeveshex View Post
    I've noticed that even though my preferences are set in the calender to have the reminder default at 1 day before, when i place an event through this application, the reminder is defaulted as no reminder, therefore to be reminded of the event I need to go into the calender open up the event and set a reminder time. A fix to this would be awesome! Otherwise, incredible shortcut tool, thanx.
    any fix to the no reminder problem? thnx
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    It would be nice if:

1. New events created would use the default reminder time set in calendar preferences instead of no reminder - without this you still have to go in to the calendar and set a reminder time.

2. For the soonest day you would just type "mon", "this mon", or "on mon" and then for the following week it would "next mon". This way you can have a 2 week range and not have to know the actual date just the day of the week.

Great app idea, good work!
    I would like to have some sort of confirmation that the event had been created, first time i used it i set up 12 reacurring doctor's appointments in my calendar :-P.

Great addition and makes universal search even more seemless!
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    It doesn't work with my universal search. Any idea why?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Of course what it really needs is voice input. That's too much to ask of a free homebrew app though. Nice app.
    Awsome!!
    i havent loaded the app on my phone yet but im sure it'll do the trick. so many times am i stumped with having to open up the calender app and add my new appointment.
    Thanks!!!
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    any fix to the no reminder problem? thnx
    Easy bro, I'll try to squeeze in some other activities in between. After all, it is summer...

I'll update the revision history in the first post when new versions are out so you'll know.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by pkoon24 View Post
    It doesn't work with my universal search. Any idea why?
    Because Mars is not aligned with Jupiter? Come on, how should we be able to help you if you don't supply any information. It's like calling the car repair shop saying "My car doesn't work. Any idea's why?".
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast