Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I am unsure this is any easier than sending an SMS to Google but I love the concept.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...dd-events.html

The "just start to type and universal Search will pick it up" patch intrigues me but I have no clue how to patch that! ii

Anyway to add a feature that would notify you if you have a scheduling conflict?
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I am unsure this is any easier than sending an SMS to Google but I love the concept.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...dd-events.html

The "just start to type and universal Search will pick it up" patch intrigues me but I have no clue how to patch that! ii

Anyway to add a feature that would notify you if you have a scheduling conflict?
    Yea but Google won't text me the verification code and I don't know why.

I love this app.
    As of this first version, the "natural language" feels oddly unnatural, but that, I know, will improve.

For now I think the app is in desperate need of an internal help page explaining the required syntax. An inline help function could also be a great help.

A method that might help until the "natural language" has matured might be call-outs using a period. Making your sleuthing code between the periods much simpler.
    I added the event twice --- no way for it to tell me when it 'gets it', cuz I sure couldn't tell.

Otherwise, great app
    Installed. Testing. Looks Good.

Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
    So how do I install the Universal Search feature that allows me to just type in a calendar event without opening the app? I have downloaded the txt file but could use some guidance...

Otherwise, this app is great stuff keep up the good work!
    I used to use this like crazy on my pal Snap - Quick entry tool for Palm OS and Treo
    It did everything from calender app to contacts to memos and even emails!!! SplashData check that out for some great ideas that I'm sure can be implemented. Been waiting for this for awhile. I paid $5 wheb I got it for my palm now its upto $10 and still worth it.
    Keep up the good work . Can't wait for an update!
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    So how do I install the Universal Search feature that allows me to just type in a calendar event without opening the app? I have downloaded the txt file but could use some guidance...

Otherwise, this app is great stuff keep up the good work!
    http://www.precentral.net/how-apply-...t-linux-access
    There's an article here on precentral explaining
    One of the best homebrew apps.

Can't wait for the update, wonder whats the eta for that.
    Nice concept would be nice if I could select the Time, & Location and enter text next to those icons. then submit. Seems more intuitive that way.

Also instead of having to enter August 15th we should be able to enter 8/15.
    Just a few suggestions.

Very useful App once its tweaked..it will be in my quick launch
    Last edited by Addie_Goodvibes; 08/14/2009 at 02:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    As of this first version, the "natural language" feels oddly unnatural, but that, I know, will improve.

For now I think the app is in desperate need of an internal help page explaining the required syntax. An inline help function could also be a great help.

A method that might help until the "natural language" has matured might be call-outs using a period. Making your sleuthing code between the periods much simpler.
    I agree here! Or instead of having to worry about precise syntax why not indiv. selection of Subject, Time & Location field

Then Submit..
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatmrrico View Post
    Very useful app.
    One question though, is there a way to enter in multiple days for the same event? Such as a mon-fri schedule, or an event on tue & thurs?
    Not at the moment, but it's an good idea for improvement.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by grantroot View Post
    This is a fantastic idea for an app!

The first string I tried would not parse -- everything ended up in the top "description" box. Do you think you get it to parse this:

lunch w/ deirdre next wed at 1

As soon as this app gets just a little better, I will gladly pay for it. Thanks for your work!
    I'll try to make it a bit more flexible in the future. As it is right now it needs the time interval (1pm-2pm) as a delimiter for the description and the rest. (which on the "plus" side makes it possible to write stuff like "next wed" and "in Chicago" in the description field)
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post

Since I've don't have English as my native language, I used a syntax that was somewhat natural to read and rather simply to parse as a compromise.

Feel free to give examples how you want it instead! It is the first version so of course there is room for improvements.
    This app has me intrigued. The thought that instantly popped into my mind is that this would be great for reminders.

I envision a line like:rem thaw chicken at 5 pm or
    rem change oil at 3pm on saturday or

(rem stands for reminder) That would create a 1 minute long entry in the calendar from 5-5:01 with the description of thaw chicken. That would be beyond useful to me.

Example:

Let's say I need to thaw out chicken when I get home from work for dinner and don't want to forget. Today I would:
    1) Open clock app
    2) click alarms
    3) click new alarm
    4) type in "thaw chicken"
    5) use lousy list selector for hour
    6) use lousy list selector for minute
    7) Choose "Occurs Once"
    8) Finally close out

With your app I could
    1) Open app
    2) type "rem thaw out chicken at 5 PM"
    3) hit enter

With that function, I'd be happy to pay for the app, especially if palm eventually makes it easy to add to universal search.

Nice work.
    I would like to see:

1) Add a reminder via Quick Event
    2) Have events be able to last more than a day (if it can't be done, no big deal)
    3) Notification when submitting (in the wroks )

Great app, I love it.
    If this uses the standard Google Quick Add syntax then my post here should help.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1786362
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/14/2009 at 04:27 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm adding my thanks to the pile... Thank You!

Would it be possible to clear the text entry field to show that the submit to calendar procedure functioned properly? That would combine notification and preparation for the next entry into one operation, and would need no change to any graphic elements.

I like the idea of starting a line with "rem" to add a 1-minute (or even a zero minute reminder), and I'm willing to donate also. Great app!

Regards,

-JerryG
    No matter what I do, it makes the appointment for tomorrow, not today.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by natenrb9 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply!

It would be nice if you could just type the day of the week for this weeks days "sat" or maybe "on sat" or "this sat" and "next" would be for the following week. Then you wouldn't need to worry about the exact dates for the following week - since you might have to open the calender to find this out anyway...who know the exact date off-hand of next week's thurs for example?

Thanks
    Extending this a bit "next" or "next1" could be the following week, "next2" two weeks off...etc

Great app!
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast