Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    This patch file should work through WOSQI...

Unfortunately, I'm unable to test it myself until I get home from work.
    Thanks a lot! I've been to my parents cabin during X-mas without any internet connection so I didn't even know there was a 1.3.5...
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    After all that, I decided to keep the "Command Line" patch as it is more useful for my purposes. I would have loved to keep both, though, and maybe d00heden can look into what might be causing the compatibility problem?
    Is this http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...line-uscl.html the Command line patch you are referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    Is this http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...line-uscl.html the Command line patch you are referring to?
    Yes. That's the one he's referring to. Personally, I don't use that one -- just Quick Event's...

There's also "Key Toss Keyword Search" patch which mods the Universal Search funcationality. I don't use that one either.

The obvious issue is that both patches (and assuming Key Toss Search too) modding the same lines of Palm's U-Search source file(s). Don't know if there's any way around that issue other than merging the functionality of one into the other.

It would have been nice if Palm had developed this functionality in a more "modular" fashion so that developers could add U-Search features by creating a new Search 'modules - think add "Bing" or "Quick Event" to the existing list of G, GMaps, Wikiped, and Twitter. If these were truly modular, developers could develop their own free standing code which could be integrated by a central manager rather than having to add the functionality by modding Palm's core U-search code directly (by patching, and thus causing these problems)...

Then again, I haven't written a line of code since freshman year of college, 20 years ago.
  4. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Holy awesome... I might actually use a calander because of this app!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    After the WebOS 1.4 update I'm having trouble with "Qucik Event"

After I submit my event to the calendar, my reminder time is "and undefined before" even though my default time is 10 minutes

After I submit the event, I have to go into the calendar and edit the reminder time to 10 minutes

Thanks

Chas Palm
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm getting the same results as chaspalm (1.4/Sprint).

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Same challenge here. I loved using this, but without reminders automatically set, it has become not-so-useful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaspalm View Post

After I submit my event to the calendar, my reminder time is "and undefined before" even though my default time is 10 minutes

After I submit the event, I have to go into the calendar and edit the reminder time to 10 minutes

Thanks

Chas Palm
    Well It's been a Month since I posted this.

Quick Event is Broken since the 1.4 WebOS Update.

Has the developer abandoned his app ?

Chas Palm
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I sent the developer a PM, and did not get a response. This was almost 2 weeks ago.

This is a great little app, and I used it a lot. Hopefully the developer is just on a break or maybe has other priorities.

I'd be willing to pay for this to be usable again.
    I'm getting the reminder issue but also I noticed another problem.

If I try to enter a date in the format month/day then the month is wrong. For example:

I want to add the appointment date as May 12. I enter "may 12" and the entry shown is June 12. This is repeatable for any future month.

Other methods like "next tuesday" still work as expected.

------------------------------------------------------------------

After 1.4.1 installed the wrong month problem has resolved itself. Whether it was the update of just the rebooting that did it, I don't know.
    Last edited by paulpenny; 04/01/2010 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    d00heden. Great piece of work. Thanks a lot. Wonder if it is possible to add a Note where we can add some info on the Event?
    Quote Originally Posted by chaspalm View Post

Thanks

Chas Palm
    Hi, I am seeing the "and undefined before" error for reminder times "1 hour" and "2 hour" as well.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    So sad on this. Have not heard anything from the developer. I'm going to make a post to see if someone else is working on a similar app, or if they can use the code from this.

RIP Quick Events
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelley B View Post
    So sad on this. Have not heard anything from the developer. I'm going to make a post to see if someone else is working on a similar app, or if they can use the code from this.

RIP Quick Events
    There is a patch that adds something similar to the calendar; it would be great if someone could add this to Agenda.
    Laissez Faire
    Simple RFE: Please set the first letter of the entry to be a capital letter.

Thanks for your great app. I use it virtually every day!
    any chance of getting the universal search patch updated for 1.4.11
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    any chance of getting the universal search patch updated for 1.4.11
    if you add the "Universal Search Command Line" (USCL) patch, the dev has added quick event support to the many other uses of that patch. So all you have to do is type out your event and end it with ".qe" and it will load up quick event with the data populated!
    Thanks Audemars I have since installed uscl. I saw your post after I made the patch to create the functionality of the original patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks Audemars I have since installed uscl. I saw your post after I made the patch to create the functionality of the original patch.
    Thank you for making and posting this patch. I'm brave, but not quite brave enough to go mucking about in root on my Pre. Your patch, Quick Date, and Agenda combine to make for a really functional calendar. Now if I could just have floating events like I could with DateBK...
    Hey mamouton -- Are you going the USCL route for this from here on out or are you sticking with a specialized patch for Quick Event? Does the patch you created and attached above work in 1.4.5?