Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    So how are the non-syncing events look in your calendar? Are they set to Google calendar? Or is it that Quick Event are unable to store events in the calendar? Is it any difference between the entries that are being synced and those who's not? Etc. etc.
    They show fine in the pre calendar under the Google Calendar in the Pre as the Main Calendar....does not show up in Google Calendar on the Web.
    Quote Originally Posted by geezlouise14 View Post
    Thank you for this very useful app. Any word on whether universal search patch works with webos 1.2?
    And while i'm at it, any way to submit that patch so we can install via preware?
    Thanks!
    that would be awesome
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingislife View Post
    They show fine in the pre calendar under the Google Calendar in the Pre as the Main Calendar....does not show up in Google Calendar on the Web.
    Don't know really but there seems to be some quirks with Google synch. See for example these links for possible solutions:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...ml#post1962713

http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...ampersand.html
    Honestly without the patch functionality this adds, the program is useless to me. Need to get a patch on Preware and update it for 1.2.1 compatibility. Useless to have an app for an old OS build.

Quick Event seems to have died, perhaps someone should pick up where you left off millions of years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Seriously, I'm impatient, lets pick up the pace.

Ungrateful much? Hardly.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcettison View Post
    Honestly without the patch functionality this adds, the program is useless to me. Need to get a patch on Preware and update it for 1.2.1 compatibility. Useless to have an app for an old OS build.

Quick Event seems to have died, perhaps someone should pick up where you left off millions of years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Seriously, I'm impatient, lets pick up the pace.

Ungrateful much? Hardly.

You ARE ungrateful. The developer doesn't even own a Pre (as yet), is dealing with English as a second language, time zone differences when communicating with others(he's in Scandinavia, I believe), and users who just want to spew garbage.

If you're so impatient, YOU program what you want. See how long it takes. Hop to it.
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    This is a great app. Thanks for you hard work...
    Any chance on adding a universal search for use with 1.2.1?
  7.    #207  

Ungrateful much? Hardly.
    Actually I'm pretty happy that it is useless for you since you seem to be a jerk...

Feel free to fix it yourself if you are in a hurry. The code is there and it's not rocket science. And while your at it, add it to the Preware feed as well so others can gain.
    Actually I'm pretty happy that it is useless for you since you seem to be a jerk...

Feel free to fix it yourself if you are in a hurry. The code is there and it's not rocket science. And while your at it, add it to the Preware feed as well so others can gain.
    I am a jerk. I probably can and if the task is not picked up by another more able developer sometime soon I very well may attempt to do exactly that. In the mean time, it's not much to ask a coder to finish what he started -or at least simply say, "I don't intend to."

Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post

You ARE ungrateful. The developer doesn't even own a Pre (as yet), is dealing with English as a second language, time zone differences when communicating with others(he's in Scandinavia, I believe), and users who just want to spew garbage.

If you're so impatient, YOU program what you want. See how long it takes. Hop to it.
    That's nice, want a cookie?

Feel like someone gave me a free toaster that only toasts my bread half way and told me not to complain because it was free. Problem is, I don't really need a broken toaster, thanks anyways. Peddle your broken wares elsewhere.

In the mean time, the whole WebOS platform is struggling because the official support is horrendous and unqualified, unpaid, unprepared (no full SDK, perhaps? some decent APIs perhaps?) developers fill in the gaps with half working apps.

You're damn right I'm ungrateful. My user experience is being **** on by every angle and being justified by "don't whine, it was free!" My phone wasn't free, my plan isn't free, my time isn't free and you're wasting it.

Check please.
    Last edited by jcettison; 10/13/2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Bold style on the moral of my story, so you don't miss it.
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasin View Post
    This is a great app. Thanks for you hard work...
    Any chance on adding a universal search for use with 1.2.1?
    Yepp, it's in the pipe. I finally got time to download the 1.2 SDK yesterday so unless something unforeseen happens it will be available in the near future (at least in this thread, don't know how hard it will be to get it in the Preware feed yet).
  10.    #210  
    I am a jerk. I probably can and if the task is not picked up by another more able developer sometime soon I very well may attempt to do exactly that. In the mean time, it's not much to ask a coder to finish what he started -or at least simply say, "I don't intend to."
    The intension is there, but I will not be in stand-by mode to fix anything. I do this for fun and have a lot of other projects that needs my spare time.
  11.    #211  
    I've uploaded the global-search patch (for WebOS 1.2) in the first post of this thread (global-search-assistant_WebOS_1.2.diff.txt). I haven't investigated how to put it in the Preware feeds yet so you'll have to do a manual patch (as described in the first post).

And to clarify:
    1) I do this on my spare time which is being shared by many projects.
    2) I do this because I think it is fun. I might not think it is fun tomorrow.
    3) I have no Pre (yet) which means that I don't use my applications myself. This means that updates might not come as frequently as you wish.
    4) I don't owe you anything.

If you can't accept these conditions, you should not download or use any of my applications/hacks/etc. I think it's really silly that I need to write this, but since it came up...

That being said, I'm always up for improvement suggestions.

Cheers,
    Mikael
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    January seems to be the problem. See below:

Entry: jan 6
    Parsed as: Wed, undefined 6 2010
    >> appears in calendar on Wed, Jan 6, 2010

Entry: feb 6
    Parsed as: Sat, Jan 6, 2010
    >> appears in calendar on Sat, Feb 6, 2010

Entry date: mar 6
    Parsed as: Sat, Feb 6, 2010
    >> appears in calendar on Sat, Mar 6, 2010

UPDATED: Got the 0.2.2 update. Thank you.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 10/21/2009 at 03:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I had a similar issue yesterday. I needed to add an appointment for April 19, and it parsed it as March 19.

Entered as:
    Mytext 1530-1630 Apr 19

Showed as:
    Mytext
    Mon, Mar 19 2010
    03:30pm - 04:30pm

...and March 19th is a Friday.

Regards,
    -JerryG

Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post

Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post

You are correct! I've forgot July in my month array This made date display work nice for dates between August and December but not for the months in the beginning of the year.

I've uploaded v.0.2.2 into the catalog which should take care of this.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    No problem. This proves that I'm still able to pay attention...

Thanks for the quick fix!

Works great!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Last edited by JerryG; 10/21/2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: report that it works...
    Thanks again d00heden. I hadn't been doing a lot in calendar until recently and today it saved me a lot of time. I now have a list of 5 or 6 devs to whom I need to send donations and you're on the list (was supposed to be last weekend but didnt get to it.)

Anyway, since I hadn't been in this thread for a while, I hadn't realized until today that there is a patch for Universal search -- this is a spectacular add on. I'll wait until this weekend before attempting to apply the patch the old fashioned way (I haven't used command line access yet, but it's not beyond me either.)

However, the question I pose is: is there someone else following this thread who has the technical abilities to take the blahblahblah.diff.txt file d00heden created (attached to the OP) and perform whatever actions are needed to make it into a .patch file which can be applied via Webos QI?

If not, then no bid deal, I'll have my first experience into rooting my pre.... Just thought I'd ask first.

Thanks again to d00heden and all of the homebrew folks for their hard work to make our Pre experiences better. Sorry that some here aren't so appreciative of their time and effort or understanding when their other priorities demand attention.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Thanks again d00heden. I hadn't been doing a lot in calendar until recently and today it saved me a lot of time. I now have a list of 5 or 6 devs to whom I need to send donations and you're on the list (was supposed to be last weekend but didnt get to it.)

Anyway, since I hadn't been in this thread for a while, I hadn't realized until today that there is a patch for Universal search -- this is a spectacular add on. I'll wait until this weekend before attempting to apply the patch the old fashioned way (I haven't used command line access yet, but it's not beyond me either.)

However, the question I pose is: is there someone else following this thread who has the technical abilities to take the blahblahblah.diff.txt file d00heden created (attached to the OP) and perform whatever actions are needed to make it into a .patch file which can be applied via Webos QI?

If not, then no bid deal, I'll have my first experience into rooting my pre.... Just thought I'd ask first.

Thanks again to d00heden and all of the homebrew folks for their hard work to make our Pre experiences better. Sorry that some here aren't so appreciative of their time and effort or understanding when their other priorities demand attention.
    Thanks!

I haven't used Quick Install myself but if you can add your own patches to it I assume you can use my file as it is. It is in a standard Unix diff format.

I'm on my way to submit it to the Preware feed but then you need to "root" your phone anyway.
    Thanks!

I haven't used Quick Install myself but if you can add your own patches to it I assume you can use my file as it is. It is in a standard Unix diff format.

I'm on my way to submit it to the Preware feed but then you need to "root" your phone anyway.
    Thanks again. I guess I haven't really considered my Pre 'rooted' based solely on the installation and use of Preware since it's fairly easy for the less-technical among us to deploy and use... specifically no Linux knowledge or command line access is required .

I do have about 15 of the Preware feed patches installed and all are working great. If you can add this patch to the Preware feed, that would be even more ideal for most of us (and would get you more expanded interest in the app!!!).

I wasn't sure about the structure of a *.diff file and whether it can be applied through WebOS QI (but I haven't tried either -- I'll post in Jason R's QI forum to ask and let you know what I find). The only (non-preware) patches I've seen (and applied via QI when a paritcular patch isn't yet available via Preware) all have a .patch extension and not a .diff.... For all I know the .patch is just a renamed .diff file. Sorry, but my Unix/Linux experience ended after my Bachelors in EE back in '94.

Thanks again for the reply. How soon before you can share with us any other WebOS project ideas you have and are working on?

Edit: wrote to Jason / others at the WebOS QI thread. Here:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...34#post1990634

Further edit -- based on a reply from emoney_33 --- Renaming your attachment as a .patch file will enable it to be installed painlessly by dragging and dropping to the current version of WebOS QI. Looking forward to it also being available by Preware too.

Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    all "patches" are text files containing output of a diff program (well except for binary patches like iphone spoof which are a completely different topic). The extension is meaningless. .diff, .txt, .patch, .whatever are all just semantics. simply renaming it as .patch is all it takes.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 10/21/2009 at 04:03 PM.
    Thanks!

Don't need to "root" your phone for Preware.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Don't need to "root" your phone for Preware.
    Ok, my bad.