Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 285
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingislife View Post
    I am having problems with Quick Events syncing back to my Google Calendar...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Is any one else experiencing any problems or am I doing something wrong?
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it syncs with Google Calendar, but rather creates its own. If it syncs with my work Google Calendar, then it would be awesome, as I need to add events that both I and my secretary can see.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  2. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it syncs with Google Calendar, but rather creates its own. If it syncs with my work Google Calendar, then it would be awesome, as I need to add events that both I and my secretary can see.
    It won't initially sync with GCal, but if you edit the event afterwards, in Calendar, you can change the calendar the event is stored in, just set it to Google...

    HTH,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    It won't initially sync with GCal, but if you edit the event afterwards, in Calendar, you can change the calendar the event is stored in, just set it to Google...

    HTH,
    -JerryG
    That makes sense, thanks! I'm afraid I'll forget to change it, though. I guess the built-in calendar isn't that tough to use, so it just doesn't seem worth the chance I'll get double-booked.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  4. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it syncs with Google Calendar, but rather creates its own. If it syncs with my work Google Calendar, then it would be awesome, as I need to add events that both I and my secretary can see.
    Wrong! Scroll down on the apps main page and you will find Preferences. The first preference which can be set is the default calendar, along with other prefs.

    I note that our PalmCast trio (or quattro) got this wrong in their last podcast. This app was mentioned but one of the drawbacks was that you could not set the default calendar. This particular preference was added some time ago by d00heden. I think the PalmCast should issue a correction on that one.

    By the way, thanks d00heden for adding "no" reminders as a preference! Forgot to send you my thanks on that one!
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Wrong! Scroll down on the apps main page and you will find Preferences. The first preference which can be set is the default calendar, along with other prefs.

    I note that our PalmCast trio (or quattro) got this wrong in their last podcast. This app was mentioned but one of the drawbacks was that you could not set the default calendar. This particular preference was added some time ago by d00heden. I think the PalmCast should issue a correction on that one.

    By the way, thanks d00heden for adding "no" reminders as a preference! Forgot to send you my thanks on that one!
    Correct! This has been possible since v.0.2.0.
  6. caj27's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #186  
    Is it true that mutli-day all day events are impossible? I wanted to input my vacation week, but couldn't figure out how to do that with quick event.
    Last edited by caj27; 10/05/2009 at 01:03 PM.
  7. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    Correct! This has been possible since v.0.2.0.
    Damn, shows how observant I've been... NOT!

    Thanks again, d00heden!

    -JerryG
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj27 View Post
    Is it true that mutli-day all day events are impossible? I wanted to input my vacation week, but couldn't figure out how to do that with quick event.
    Sorry, that is not possible. I try make the most common entries as simple as possible, and if you sometimes need to make something more advanced you can always edit the event afterwards (for example by clicking on the "Submitted to..." text)

    Of course one can always argue what is the most common entries so I'm all ears. If a lot of people wants it, it might get in.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by swefert View Post
    Dying to make this work. Concept is fantastic.

    But each time, by data won't parse and I get the error message: "Missing description or start time". Have tried all the examples:

    Meeting 12-115p 8/11 Bill's office
    Phone interview 10-11:25
    Lunch 12:00pm today

    Tried every reasonable combination. Am I missing something? I just type an entry where it says Enter Quick Event and hit ENTER, yes? Have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck. Any advice?
    I'm having this same error. Even a simple 'appt 1' doesn't work. It all stays on the top line and won't submit (without the error above) Has anyone figured out how to solve this?
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    I'm having this same error. Even a simple 'appt 1' doesn't work. It all stays on the top line and won't submit (without the error above) Has anyone figured out how to solve this?
    Of course you will have the same problem when you don't bother to read the manual, examples or this thread.

    I really hate the RTFM comment, but sometimes it is deserved.

    But since I'm a nice guy, why not test: "appt 1-"?
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    Of course you will have the same problem when you don't bother to read the manual, examples or this thread.

    I really hate the RTFM comment, but sometimes it is deserved.

    But since I'm a nice guy, why not test: "appt 1-"?
    didn't mean to offend. Thought I read everything I was supposed to read before posting. But that worked. Thanks. Its a relief bc I really like this app. Great job!

    tags for searching: parse , "Missing description or start time" , solution , solved
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    didn't mean to offend. Thought I read everything I was supposed to read before posting. But that worked. Thanks. Its a relief bc I really like this app. Great job!

    tags for searching: parse , "Missing description or start time" , solution , solved
    Good to hear! Of course, if the documentation is lacking, feel free to point that out.
  13. #193  
    I assume you are referring to the documentation on the screen? i promise i read it AND this thread but I guess the little '-' was hidden in my frantics looking for the answer! I guess it looks for a time duration which is why the '-' works right? Maybe add that? It appears that only 3 of us users were blind to the '-' so it prolly isn't a major issue! Lol. Thanks again for ur work.
  14. #194  
    Originally Posted by cyclingislife View Post
    I am having problems with Quick Events syncing back to my Google Calendar...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Is any one else experiencing any problems or am I doing something wrong?

    OK, so my question, ultimately was not answered....can someone help?
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingislife View Post
    Originally Posted by cyclingislife View Post
    I am having problems with Quick Events syncing back to my Google Calendar...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Is any one else experiencing any problems or am I doing something wrong?

    OK, so my question, ultimately was not answered....can someone help?
    So how are the non-syncing events look in your calendar? Are they set to Google calendar? Or is it that Quick Event are unable to store events in the calendar? Is it any difference between the entries that are being synced and those who's not? Etc. etc.
  16. #196  
    Thank you for this very useful app. Any word on whether universal search patch works with webos 1.2?
    And while i'm at it, any way to submit that patch so we can install via preware?
    Thanks!
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
  17. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by geezlouise14 View Post
    Thank you for this very useful app. Any word on whether universal search patch works with webos 1.2?
    And while i'm at it, any way to submit that patch so we can install via preware?
    Thanks!
    +1!
  18. johnpane's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #198  
    If we have it set to put the events into a google calendar, is it safe to delete the Quick Events account from Calendar?

    Thanks,
    John
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpane View Post
    If we have it set to put the events into a google calendar, is it safe to delete the Quick Events account from Calendar?

    Thanks,
    John
    Yes, but there is no point. The account will be recreated when Quick Event is started.
  20. #200  
    They show fine in the pre calendar under the Google Calendar in the Pre as the Main Calendar....does not show up in Google Calendar on the Web.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions