Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, after suggestions by some members (and being on my to-do list for awhile), I'm very proud to present:

MobiOS Version 1.2.4 - 10/12/09

New version (1.2.4) available on the Homebrew page!!

First off, the name. It's a play on the url extension ".mobi", typically used for mobile websites.

This app includes everything from my 3 other apps as well as the inclusion of some AOL mobile websites (AOLMobile: an unreleased app of mine). The other ones will no longer be updated. Instead, all development efforts will be put into this app.

Small description for each part of the app:
    * With GoogyOS, you have access to all of the mobile versions of their web apps (gmail, etc.). See the homebrew page (1.1.8) & forum topic for more info
    * With WindyLive, you have access to all of the mobile versions of the windows live web apps. See the homebrew page (1.0.4) & forum topic for more info
    *With YahooyOS, you have access to all of the mobile versions of their web apps (Yahoo mail, sport, etc) . See the homebrew page (1.0.9) & forum topic for more info
    *With AOLMobile, you have access to some (adding more in a future update) of the mobile versions of their web apps (AIM, mail, etc.)

Changes in 1.2.4:
    • Finally back with another update!!!
    • Included the new icon designed by: remix2000
    • Added support for Google Checkout

A couple of things to fix though:
    *Had to disable the update dialog for now. It was popping up every time the app launched (instead of when a new version is installed). Hopefully will include it in a future update.
    *Need to fix AOLMobile labels

*Need to center icon titles

Future things I'm going to add:
    *help menu with topics to choose from

Very future things to add:
    *Move bookmarks around?
    *Move/reorder icons/buttons around
    *Add glossy look to the icons/backgrounds, move icons around, custom backgrounds

Huge thanks to:
    Arcticus &
    reuben.olsen for helping me with my various coding problems!

Feel free to post comments/ suggestions here or PM me.

Download the latest version (1.2.4) in the Homebrew section

Like the software that I'm developing? Please feel free to donate

Donations help support the further development of MobiOS & future apps for the Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Great work! Keep it up.
    Just installed. Look's Kool.

Thanks,
    mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
  4.    #4  
    Finished the 1.0.8 update. Fixed the update dialog bug. Got rid of Google Earth & Mobile app & added Google Latitude. Just waiting on a mod to review the new version
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Much better than the three stand alones.
    Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Much better than the three stand alones.
    Thanks.
    No problem. Yeah, it really is. I'm just glad that I was able to finally get all of the apps working in one app Still have some things to fix with the AOL portion of the app but, that can wait for a bit. Kinda drained, coding-wise
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Super Good Work
    Excellent work!
    To offer some input based on my user experience from your Googy os

the google Blogger shortcut should link to Blogger.com, it does no good by going to a how to set up blogger if 1 already has a Blogger blogspot.

Nice looking App is now in my Quick launch
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Excellent work!
    To offer some input based on my user experience from your Googy os

the google Blogger shortcut should link to Blogger.com, it does no good by going to a how to set up blogger if 1 already has a Blogger blogspot.

Nice looking App is now in my Quick launch
    Thank you for putting my app in you Quick Launch About the Blogger issue: unfortunately, there's no "normal" mobile blogger site. It's either the url that I'm already or I can just link to the normal Blogger site. Which one would you guys want me to use? I'll leave it up to the users. Which one should I use?

Still waiting on the 1.0.8 update to be reviewed. Should be live later today
    Icons to big. First load up page shouldn't scroll up your logo. All your info should be in a tab. you know "about" in top left. Shrink your logos to a 4 button screen. 2 x 2.

Although not my place or say but your app names are brutal. Your mobios will confuse some people as mobi is/was an established palm app store.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Icons to big. First load up page shouldn't scroll up your logo. All your info should be in a tab. you know "about" in top left. Shrink your logos to a 4 button screen. 2 x 2.

Although not my place or say but your app names are brutal. Your mobios will confuse some people as mobi is/was an established palm app store.
    Hrm, did not know about the Mobi thing. Will try & think of a better name.

Might you guys have any suggestions for a new name?

I'll look into the other changes as well. This design that I have now isn't permanent. It's just the first implementation of the idea of having my 4 apps combined into 1. Thank you for the suggestions
  12.    #12  
    Ok, so, I'm already working on the next update. Here's a preview (going to try & fix some more things before uploading this new version):

*Added new, clearer, Bing icon & better Picasa Web Albums icon
    *Reduced the size of the icons on the main view to 48x48 & made the text a little bit smaller so that you don't need to scroll down to access an app. (Will try & make it so that there are 2 rows of 2 apps, may have to wait until a future update though) (Thanks JohnnyPre for the suggestion!)

I've attached some pics as a small preview. Still have some AOL graphical problems that I want to try & fix in this update. This may end up being 1.0.9 or 1.1.0. Still trying to think of a better name for this app. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hopefully the 1.0.8 update will be reviewed by a mod soon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Could I make a suggestion on your app description in the OM? I think a solid explanation of the application would be useful, as I haven't looked at your 3 other applications that you've rolled into this one.

I'm tired this morning...so i didn't feel like clicking on each of the three links to find out what the individual apps do.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by erk48188 View Post
    Could I make a suggestion on your app description in the OM? I think a solid explanation of the application would be useful, as I haven't looked at your 3 other applications that you've rolled into this one.

I'm tired this morning...so i didn't feel like clicking on each of the three links to find out what the individual apps do.
    Woops. I knew that I forgot something Will add that right now. Thanks for the reminder

edit: Fixed up the description in the first post. Merged some stuff together. Hopefully it's now more concise & easier to follow

edit # 2: 1.0.8 now live in the Homebrew section!
  15.    #16  
    Finally finished 1.1.0. Uploaded it. Just waiting for a mod to review it.

A list of the changes in 1.1.0:
    *Added new Bing icon
    *Added new Picasa Web Albums icon
    *Used smaller icons & fonts on the main page
    *Fixed label errors with AOLMobile
    *Added Help page with topics to choose from

Added new screenshots to the original post as well. Will post again when the new version has been approved
    Great Update. Keep it up.

Thanks,

mrclaiborne
    DaGreatOne
  17. Cin
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that this is a nice and handy piece of software.

Some things you might want to consider though:
    -An onclick event to let us know it registered the button press (maybe changing the bg of the block clicked)
    -Continuing to use the former application names, like GoogyOS, WindyLive, and so on seems kind of silly for the submenus in this new app. You might want to just replace them with Google, Microsoft, etc
    -Enable landscape mode (if all the blocks are floating left, they should rearrange themselves on their own)
    -Remember the last category used maybe? I know I pretty much only use the Google Apps, but decided to update GoogyOS to MobiOS since the former was discontinued

On a side note, I don't think using the name MobiOS is that big a deal, but maybe that's just me :P
  18.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cin View Post
    Just wanted to say that this is a nice and handy piece of software.

Some things you might want to consider though:
    -An onclick event to let us know it registered the button press (maybe changing the bg of the block clicked)
    -Continuing to use the former application names, like GoogyOS, WindyLive, and so on seems kind of silly for the submenus in this new app. You might want to just replace them with Google, Microsoft, etc
    -Enable landscape mode (if all the blocks are floating left, they should rearrange themselves on their own)
    -Remember the last category used maybe? I know I pretty much only use the Google Apps, but decided to update GoogyOS to MobiOS since the former was discontinued

On a side note, I don't think using the name MobiOS is that big a deal, but maybe that's just me :P
    Thank you. I've been trying to figure out a way to let users know that they pressed a button. Still on my list of things to do. Trying to include it in the next update. I'll mess around with the names & see how they look. Hrm, will try to include landscape mode. Never really thought about it before. A little bit hard to test out though as I only have access to the Pre Emulator & I don't think it can be rotated into landscape mode. Will give it a shot though. Probably will just need a cookie to have the app remember the last "sub-app" used. Will look into it.

Thanks again for the comments/suggestions!

edit: Turns out that adding landscape mode only needs like 2 lines of code I don't have a way to test it out though. If anyone wants to beta test the next version, specifically for this feature, shoot me a pm or just say so here.

Still can't figure out a way to rotate the Pre Emulator to landscape though

edit 2: Yep, the emulator does not support rotation
    Quote Originally Posted by Emulator Documentation webOSdev Palm
    Currently, the emulator does not support the following:
    Accelerometer
    Audio
    Bluetooth (UI and any interface-specific APIs do not work in the emulator)
    Camera
    Gesture area
    Multi-touch
    Rotation
    Sound
    Video
    Wi-Fi (UI and any interface-specific APIs do not work in the emulator, but network connectivity works by using the desktop connection)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast