Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Landscape works perfect.. Thanx for the app.. The updates are awesome.
  2.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by inodaspot View Post
    Landscape works perfect.. Thanx for the app.. The updates are awesome.
    I'm glad that landscape works. Haven't been able to test it myself. I'm stuck with just the emulator for now My pleasure. Glad that people are liking the app.

This may be one of the last updates for a little while. May have one more small update out in the next few days. I'm currently planning some pretty big changes for the app. Gonna take some time to get them implemented. Will keep you guys update on the status of the changes though. May have a small beta test of the new changes.

edit: I've attached an early mockup Planning at least 1 more small update to get things to a stable point & then it's time to start the actual coding part of the redesign
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eisnerguy1; 08/15/2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: attached an early mockup of the redesign
  3.    #44  
    I've attached another mockup of the next version (2.0?) of MobiOS

First pic is the main scene with the buttons in their normal state & the second pic is of when the buttons are pressed.

Here's what I'm planning on including in 2.0 so far:
    • Revamped main screen, with buttons (see the 2 attached mockups)
    • When you press icons in the different scenes (Aol, google, etc.), the buttons have an "off/highlighted" version to let you know when a button is pressed (should've included this in 1.0, sorry )
    • Getting rid of the tables in each scene. Setting up the icons/buttons via CSS instead so that they scale/re-align up properly in landscape mode

Just as a warning, these features might take a little while to implement. I'll keep you guys updated on any progress that I make

Still working on another smallish update to the 1.2.x version series. Should be out in the next couple of days.

edit: Added 2 more mockups for you guys
  4.    #45  
    Finishing up 1.2.4. Probably the last update for the 1.x.x version series. Should be up later today. Still plugging along with mock-ups/ideas for 2.0. Might post some more later.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Great app. I've gathered that you're using an emulator, so it must be hard for you to get a 'feel' for how the app works. My main problem is that as I'm trying to find the service that I'd like to open and scroll within the app, I keep opening things I dont want to. For example, if i want to scroll down to Google Tasks, the app almost always opens something else that my finger happened to land on before i finally get to the google tasks. Its as though the app is too sensitive.

Keep up the good work.
  6.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by makhand View Post
    Great app. I've gathered that you're using an emulator, so it must be hard for you to get a 'feel' for how the app works. My main problem is that as I'm trying to find the service that I'd like to open and scroll within the app, I keep opening things I dont want to. For example, if i want to scroll down to Google Tasks, the app almost always opens something else that my finger happened to land on before i finally get to the google tasks. Its as though the app is too sensitive.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks. Yeah, it's a pretty annoying bug that I need to fix but, I'm planning on fixing that for the next version (2.0), along with fixing a ton of other problems.

• When you press icons in the different scenes (Aol, google, etc.), the buttons have an "off/highlighted" version to let you know when a button is pressed (should've included this in 1.0, sorry )
    • Getting rid of the tables in each scene. Setting up the icons/buttons via CSS instead so that they scale/re-align up properly in landscape mode
    • General revamping of app's graphics

If all goes well, I should hopefully have a working beta later this week/early next week

Oh & here's another mock-up with the new icon design thanks to remix2000. First pic is the main scene with the buttons in their normal state & the second pic is what the buttons look like when pressed. Will keep you guys posted on any progress that I make
    lol. think its time to change your favicon on you website eisnerguy1 =)
  8.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    lol. think its time to change your favicon on you website eisnerguy1 =)
    Yeah, probably should change that at some point Took a break from working on version 2.0. Been kinda sick with bronchitis & a sinus infection on top of that. Feeling a little bit better now. Should be able to start working on it again soonish.
    Quote Originally Posted by eisnerguy1 View Post
    Finished version 1.2.0. Here's the changes:

• Tweaked the Help page a bit
    • Messed around with the sub-app names a bit
    • Cleaned up the code a bit
    • Changed the mobile Blogger url to the normal one
    • Increased the font on the main view a little bit
    • Added landscape mode. No way for me to test it though. I only have access to the Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $Emulator$. $Will$ $need$ $feedback$ $on$ $this$.

Just waiting on a mod to review the new update
    Awesome Job, Very useful App!
    Thanks. Yeah, it's a pretty annoying bug that I need to fix but, I'm planning on fixing that for the next version (2.0), along with fixing a ton of other problems.

If all goes well, I should hopefully have a working beta later this week/early next week

Oh & here's another mock-up with the new icon design thanks to remix2000. First pic is the main scene with the buttons in their normal state & the second pic is what the buttons look like when pressed. Will keep you guys posted on any progress that I make
    New Icon GUI is Awesome very unique
    I always just put web pages on my launcher screen so never really played with this too much.

I only use the Google apps. Can you add a feature/option to only display those for me? I hope in a future release you add the ability to let me build my own pages with user definable button layouts.

Anyway I was playing with this today and I have one major feature request that I could really use.

Can you please add a way to allow me to access all of these cool features from more than one act??? Maybe two tabs, one for each act... I really only need Gmail and Cal for two acts. All the other apps I use like reader etc.. is used from my main act.

I would love to have two Gmail buttons, each logging into a different act. That would be so useful that I would only need the Pre's email for the notifications.

I know I can read one Gmail act from another and I do have a few Gmail acts that I do that with. I just have one separate act that I used for work that I want to access separately.

Can you also somehow allow an option to put your buttons on the launcher? Sounds silly but if you can get to allow two different acts and I can just use univ search for gmail and see two icons, one for each act, that would make my life a lot easier.
    If not that is fine, launching your app first would be okay thought not nearly as efficient.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Wow! Thank you! I did not even know I needed an app for this and it turns out it is incredibly useful. Great idea and nicely done.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    You may want to add Google checkout:
    https://checkout.google.com/m/main
    Last edited by AronRubin; 09/10/2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: incomplete url

DUDE! All this work you did is Awesome. But... what happened to Google Latitude?? My friends got it on their blackberries and winmo's .. is there a pre version? Help me out here. I see it on your MobiOS but that just brings up google maps on the pre. Not exactly the kind of response I had in mind but man I just want *echoes / Goooogle Latitude! o0oogle Latitude! oogle Latitude!**
  15.    #56  
    Hey guys. Sorry that I've been away for awhile. My connective tissue disease has been acting up (think Lupus but not as severe) & I've been battling an upper-respritory infection on top of that. Just needed some time to get my health back in order. So, let's see if I can respond to some of these great comments.

Addie_Goodvibes: Thanks for the kinds words about the app

Paladin: As of right now, that can't be done. But, once I get my app set up using CSS instead of tables, that might be possible to do. I'll look into it

crm17: Thank you for the kinda comment about my app

AronRubin: Will make a note to add it to the next update

getmoneyeveryday: There's no Pre version. The version I included is (from what I can find) the only version of Latitude that can be accessed on the Pre. I'll look into it a bit more though.

Thank you all for the kind comments/ suggestions.

Look for a smallish update within the next few days. Not 2.0 yet but, a small maintenance update. Need to update my copy of the SDK & Coda (my development environment).

I hate to put this here but, if you guys really find my app useful, please feel free to donate. Any small amount helps

edit: Got the newest SDK setup. I have MobiOS v1.2.2 running fine on the 1.2SDK Emulator. Will try & have a new update (v1.2.3) ready either today or tomorrow
  16.    #57  
    Attached is a mockup of the WindyLive part of the app. It's the design I'm thinking about including in MobiOS 2.0
    Hey guys. Sorry that I've been away for awhile. My connective tissue disease has been acting up
    ouch... Get well soon!

brand new to the forum discussion though I've read through all comments from day 1.

I love the concept of the app & I have one suggestion that would allow me, & possible lots more people & businesses also use your app where we cannot right now.

specifically the Google portion.
    I am a small company using Google Apps for my email, calendar, docs, GTalk, etc., etc.,

as such, there is a slightly different login location or protocol for all the google/Gmail services.

I would definitely use your app...if I could use your app.

right now I've tested a couple of the links w/ my rarely used individual google account though, again, my web access is 99% via Google Apps.

Derek Crager
  18.    #59  
    Derek: Thanks for the kind words about the app. Pretty awesome that people are finding uses for my app. Right now, as the app is set up, Google Apps support isn't possible. Hopefully with 2.0, once I reorganize the app via css, I should be able to include support for Google Apps.

If worst comes to worst, I'll include a duplicate google sub-app just for Google Apps. I'll try throwing together support for Google Apps in the next small update (1.2.3). Not sure if I'll be able to. If I can, it won't be pretty, will probably be just a temporary solution.

edit: Derek, it's probably not going to make it into 1.2.3, just trying to get a quick update out tomorrow to include Google Checkout support. Once that's done, I'm going to really buckle down & get started on coding 2.0. I think Google Apps will be easier to support with CSS/Javascript rather than the way my app is set up now. Should have this small update ready by tomorrow. Ahh, it's good to be back coding again

edit2: Almost done with 1.2.3, some tiny things left to finish/ clean up. Getting the hang of coding WebOS apps again. Really did miss it. Anyhoo, look for this small update (hopefully) sometime tomorrow. Going to really start hacking away at version 2.0. Should be a good learning experience for me & should put some of what I learned in my web design classes to good use
  19.    #60  
    Finished 1.2.4. Just waiting for a mod to approve it

Changes in 1.2.4:
    • Finally back with another update!!!
    • Included the new icon designed by: remix2000
    • Added support for Google Checkout

Will post when it's actually in the Homebrew section
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast