Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eisnerguy1 View Post
    Thank you for putting my app in you Quick Launch About the Blogger issue: unfortunately, there's no "normal" mobile blogger site. It's either the url that I'm already or I can just link to the normal Blogger site. Which one would you guys want me to use? I'll leave it up to the users. Which one should I use?

Still waiting on the 1.0.8 update to be reviewed. Should be live later today
    Blogger site because i can't link to My blogger blogspot from your apps shortcut
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Blogger site because i can't link to My blogger blogspot from your apps shortcut
    Ok, will add that in the next update Still need a tester to try out the landscape mode. The emulator doesn't support switching to landscape. Anyone interested in doing a little testing?
  3.    #23  
    Finished version 1.2.0. Here's the changes:

• Tweaked the Help page a bit
    • Messed around with the sub-app names a bit
    • Cleaned up the code a bit
    • Changed the mobile Blogger url to the normal one
    • Increased the font on the main view a little bit
    • Added landscape mode. No way for me to test it though. I only have access to the Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $Emulator$. $Will$ $need$ $feedback$ $on$ $this$.

Just waiting on a mod to review the new update
    Eisner,

I know your still in the learning stage but I must admit... Your effort is awesome. Keep that up.

Heres a little idea that might need some serious coding (than before).

In the top left drop down menu.

1) googsetup
    2) msnset
    3) yahsetup
    4) aolset
    5) help
    6) about JITBS

NOW WHAT 1 would allow us to do is choose different list options (so mobios would pull different screen layouts)

Also under setup would list all the links on each page allowing users to check off which ones we want and do not want. As I use reader not blogger. Get it?

Cool. Last but not least. A custom page where we can choose from your links/icons and create our own mobios page? Don't think you want to move into adding our own links for that would be a bookmark/launcher page.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Eisner,

I know your still in the learning stage but I must admit... Your effort is awesome. Keep that up.

Heres a little idea that might need some serious coding (than before).

In the top left drop down menu.

1) googsetup
    2) msnset
    3) yahsetup
    4) aolset
    5) help
    6) about JITBS

NOW WHAT 1 would allow us to do is choose different list options (so mobios would pull different screen layouts)

Also under setup would list all the links on each page allowing users to check off which ones we want and do not want. As I use reader not blogger. Get it?

Cool. Last but not least. A custom page where we can choose from your links/icons and create our own mobios page? Don't think you want to move into adding our own links for that would be a bookmark/launcher page.
    Thanks. Eventually, I do want to include that level of customization. Been on the very top of my own personal to-do list. My first hurdle was merging all apps into 1. Now, I just need to expand my WebOS coding knowledge. That does sound like a great implementation though (with the drop down menu). Gonna try & get the O'Reily WebOS development book this weekend. Thanks again for the comments/suggestions Still waiting on the 1.2.0 update to be reviewed. Should go live today
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Looks/sounds intriguing. Will be downloading when I get home. Thanks for the effort in creating this.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Nice!!!... Landscape works (just looks a little funny cuz it still has the 3 rows of icons like portrait view). Keep up the good work.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katdaddy View Post
    Looks/sounds intriguing. Will be downloading when I get home. Thanks for the effort in creating this.
    No problem. Glad that people are finding it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by steb0ne View Post
    Nice!!!... Landscape works (just looks a little funny cuz it still has the 3 rows of icons like portrait view). Keep up the good work.
    Wait, how did you get the new version? The page is showing that it still needs to be reviewed by a mod Not that I'm complaining, just a bit confused. Any chance you could take a couple of screenshots, from the device, of a couple of parts of the app (main screen, 1 from each sub-app & then the help page) ? Not sure if there is a screenshot tool on the Pre (or a way to take screenshots).

edit: found out how to do it: http://www.prethinking.com/home/2009...-palm-pre.html

Hold down the "Orange", "Sym" & "P" keys. The screenshot will be saved to the Photo App. It would be a huge help to see a few screenshots of the app in landscape mode
    This will be a great app to show my co workers and customers I've already turned them on to precentral
    Does this have the messange service as well?
    I have a lot of customers that are asking about windows live messanger
  12.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncnolesfan33 View Post
    I have a lot of customers that are asking about windows live messanger
    Sorry, my internet was down for awhile. Um, yeah, it does have the mobile version of Windows Live Messenger. http://mim.live.com/?lc=en-us It loads the page fine but, there's a scaling issue that seems to have started after the WebOS 1.1 update. It's affected some of the other mobile sites. Doesn't happen all the time though.

I've attached a pic of what it looks like in the Pre's browser (can't figure out how to zoom in using the emulator).

Hope this helps a bit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This link seems to format the mobile version of Google Notebook a little better:

http://www.google.com/notebook/m?sou...ts&dc=gorganic

That same URL format also does better for Picasa
  14.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by glenbo View Post
    This link seems to format the mobile version of Google Notebook a little better:

http://www.google.com/notebook/m?sou...ts&dc=gorganic

That same URL format also does better for Picasa
    Thanks you for finding that but, I just tried both & still got the scaling issues. Maybe the Emulator has a different user-agent? Not sure. But, I'll keep looking into finding a better solution for that problem.
  15. Cin
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quick work man

And yeah, as mentioned, the Help pages, category selection, etc, all work fine in landscape. The only issue atm is that in list of apps, so like, under the Google category, all the items remain in 3 columns instead of expanding.

If I had to guess I'd say you have them all in a table, right? If so, I'd suggest removing them from the table, giving the blocks a fixed width using CSS, and floating them left, so that they'd realign when the width expands from entering landscape mode. If you need any help or clarification let me know, and I'd be happy to help you test is as well.
  16.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cin View Post
    Quick work man

And yeah, as mentioned, the Help pages, category selection, etc, all work fine in landscape. The only issue atm is that in list of apps, so like, under the Google category, all the items remain in 3 columns instead of expanding.

If I had to guess I'd say you have them all in a table, right? If so, I'd suggest removing them from the table, giving the blocks a fixed width using CSS, and floating them left, so that they'd realign when the width expands from entering landscape mode. If you need any help or clarification let me know, and I'd be happy to help you test is as well.
    Yeah, been stuck in bed sick for a few days with almost nothing to do so, I've been working on this & sleeping most of the day. Glad to hear that most of the app works in landscape mode. Yeah, all of the buttons are in one giant table. That would be awesome as I've been trying to figure out a way to get rid of those fugly tables (was never originally designed to stay part of the UI this long was more of a temporary solution.).

If you could shoot me an email sometime later today/ tomorrow, that might be a bit easier to get things rolling. Thanks for the offer to test/ help me iron out those bugs
    Looks great! I will download tonight! Thx.
  18.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoob View Post
    Looks great! I will download tonight! Thx.
    You're very welcome Working on a smallish update now. Trying to add some background images in to spice things up a bit.
  19.    #40  
    Finished the 1.2.2 update. Mostly a maintenance update. No major new features yet.

Changes in 1.2.2:
    • Code cleanup/optimization
    • Added more contact options on the help page
    • Still need feedback on landscape functionality/errors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast