Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quick Dialer is a simple app that serves as a speed dial application. This was one large feature that I miss from my Treo 650 so I decided to make one the way I wanted it to work.

There are 8 slots on the list that can be customized for a contact's phone number. When you press the "Add" button, the user is prompted to select a contact and then the phone number to store for the contact. Saved assignments can be deleted from the list by using a swipe gesture.

To call a contact, simply click on the contact's details and the dial pad will appear with the selected number.

Changes for version 0.4.0:
    • Enabled instant dialing when selecting an assigned contact in the speed dial list
    • Button to launch Palm's Dialer application
    • Button to launch Palm's Contacts application
    • Button to add an assignment to the speed dial list
    • Removed "Add..." row from speed dial list
    • Added new scene for assigning a contact to the speed dial list
    • Ability to rename a contact's name when making a new assignment to the speed dial list
    • Replaced the selection for a contact's phone numbers to a list selector with new labels for each phone type
    • Adjusted font settings for entries in the speed dial list
    • Added about dialog to application menu
    • Fixed bug where contacts with only one name part displayed an "undefined" value
    • Fixed bug where selecting cancel resulted in a phone number of "cancel" when making a new assignment to the speed dial list

Planned features for version 0.5.0:
    • Add Preferences scene
    • Add preference to ask for confirmation before dialing a number
    • Add preference to display phone numbers in the speed dial list
    • Add preference to close Quick Dialer after dialing a number or launching an official Palm application
    • Change tap-target for a speed dial entry from the list to a button
    • Add spinner feedback when loading save assignment scene
    • Fix UI issue where canceling PeoplePicker goes back to an empty save assignment scene
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by drimo; 08/18/2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Updating to version 0.4.0
    That looks super!

Is this in File Coaster yet?

Thanks for your efforts
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Yeah it really does look nice
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    the app looks great cant wait to be able to download it
    Thank you so much for this! This phone should have had this app from day 1.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    when are we going to be able to download this app
    A fellow Red Wings fan!

Thanks for the app, I'll download as soon as it's available.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thank you; this was the app I'd been waiting for!
    looks like it's in File Coaster now.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Nice app...hate the sample names (l'm a lifelong Pens fan), but nice app.

*One thing I noticed is that if the contact doesn't have both first and last names stored the missing one says 'Undefined'. So if my contact was Evgeni, it would show up in the app as Evgeni Undefined....sounds like a Russian sitcom
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Great looking app!
    Quick question though. When I hit cancel on adding a contact, it adds the contact to the list but where the phone number is located it has the text "cancel". I realize that I can just delete that quick contact, but it would be nice to have it not add the contact and then just go back to the list.

Other than that, the app is great!
    Nice spp! -- if only that was Pavs, Hanks, Ozzies and Stevie Y's #
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Great app! Thank you.

Three suggestions:

• It would be nice to be able to edit the name of the contact; for example, to be able to remove the person's last name.
    • Would like to see which number I am calling (home, mobile, etc.) rather than the number, which is a little difficult for us older folks to read.
    • Lastly, would it be possible to reorder the entries (top to bottom) after they have been entered?
  15.    #15  
    Thanks everyone, glad you like it. I made note of the bugs that have been found and will take the suggestions into consideration for a future version.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    • It would be nice to be able to edit the name of the contact; for example, to be able to remove the person's last name.
    • Would like to see which number I am calling (home, mobile, etc.) rather than the number, which is a little difficult for us older folks to read.
    • Lastly, would it be possible to reorder the entries (top to bottom) after they have been entered?
    +1 (and also removing the "undefined"...)

And, THANKS!!!
    great app! i have it number 1 on my quick launch bar. my only requests would be to correct the 'undefined' issue when using a single name like ''home". also it would be nice to have a thumbnail of the contact's picture. good work!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by skullsdontfade View Post
    also it would be nice to have a thumbnail of the contact's picture. good work!
    That was my original goal but I wanted to get something released now instead of waiting for it to be perfect. I am planning on adding the contact photos in a future release.
    Could you add a preference to close the app after I select a number to call? I don't like having apps open. I'm lazy. =)

Make the files a bit higher would be nice.

allowing us to add unlimited contacts would be a nice feature. allow us to scroll through.
    Great app! The only thing that I would add is a button or option to assign one of the contacts to just bring up the dialer to dial a number that is not in my contact list...then I could remove the phone app from my launch bar and replace it with your app!
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast