Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Do you plan on putting an email icon in the bottom menu in the future?
    Already done for the next version.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by nycpre View Post
    Can you add support for optional *82 prefix on each of a contact's phone numbers for those of us who have their mobile accounts setup w/private numbers but would like them revealed to some contacts on a case-by-case basis. My scenario is that I don't want most people to have my mobile number, but when I call home or my wife I want it displayed so it's clear I'm calling.

Right now the way native Contacts are setup I have to add an additional Other phone number with *82 "hard" entered before a phone number that already exists (e.g., Work or Mobile phone number). If I just added *82 to the existing phone number then my MMS wouldn't work correctly. Palm doesn't really offer any support for the private number and *82 scenario.
    Sure, that sounds like a good idea and would be easy to enable a preference for any prefix for dialing. I'll see what I can come up with.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    finally I found your nice app in preware (i'm in germany, and there's no quickdialer in app-catalog for us 1.1.3-users).
    i hope we'll get the update to 1.3 soon - sooner as on 1. of december, so i can use quickdialer over this day.
    thanks for that great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Do you plan on putting an email icon in the bottom menu in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by drimo View Post
    Already done for the next version.
    Looking forward to that update!
    Last edited by Techiedude; 11/02/2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Is there a way to correct the issue of the messaging app using a landline number? This happens when a contact with multiple phone numbers (one of which is a landline) is added (even though the number added is a cell) to the list. This is an excellent app, however, without this being corrected this being corrected I can't justify purchasing this for my phone.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrownswin View Post
    Is there a way to correct the issue of the messaging app using a landline number? This happens when a contact with multiple phone numbers (one of which is a landline) is added (even though the number added is a cell) to the list. This is an excellent app, however, without this being corrected this being corrected I can't justify purchasing this for my phone.
    I have found that this can be corrected by adjusting the labels on the phone types in the Contacts app and also setting the primary linked record for the contact. There is also a button on the upper right on the Messaging app that shows the point of contact that is to be SMSed which can be helpful in troubleshooting the linking issue.
    Looks like your a wings fan from those screenshots lol GO PENS!
    Oh man just installed this, amazing... I love it. Thanks alot man!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drimo View Post
    I have found that this can be corrected by adjusting the labels on the phone types in the Contacts app and also setting the primary linked record for the contact. There is also a button on the upper right on the Messaging app that shows the point of contact that is to be SMSed which can be helpful in troubleshooting the linking issue.
    What did you mean by this can be corrected by adjusting the labels on the phone types in the Contacts app and also setting the primary linked record for the contact. I have the contact set and it is linked to their different synergy information. I know there is a button in the upper right on the Messaging app that shows the point of contact that is to be SMSed, however why would I have to press this after choosing the number from this app that I want to use? Please help clarify these issues
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrownswin View Post
    What did you mean by this can be corrected by adjusting the labels on the phone types in the Contacts app and also setting the primary linked record for the contact. I have the contact set and it is linked to their different synergy information. I know there is a button in the upper right on the Messaging app that shows the point of contact that is to be SMSed, however why would I have to press this after choosing the number from this app that I want to use? Please help clarify these issues
    I need more information from you. For a contact that is having this problem, what accounts do you have linked to it, and what Synergy account is set as the primary account for that contact?
    Hey Drimo - Loving the app and (as usual) looking for a little something added for the next update: auto-close the Palm Dialer/Numberpad app after a call made from Quick Dialer is completed. Right now the default Palm app stays open after a call completes, could there be a preference to have it auto-close? Don't have much use for it when the call is over

Just curious.

thnx,
    Techiedude
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Techiedude View Post
    Hey Drimo - Loving the app and (as usual) looking for a little something added for the next update: auto-close the Palm Dialer/Numberpad app after a call made from Quick Dialer is completed. Right now the default Palm app stays open after a call completes, could there be a preference to have it auto-close? Don't have much use for it when the call is over

Just curious.

thnx,
    Techiedude
    I am not sure if that is possible. I have noticed that sometimes it automatically closes for me and sometimes it does not. I think it depends on the action I take in the Palm Dialer app, like if I hang up on someone, it stays open, vs them hanging up on me.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

Just curious.

thnx,
    Techiedude
    One of my favourite patches is the auto-close phone app after a call has ended. In my case, I always use QD and so although the phone app auto-closes, my QD remains open.

I, for one, would love to see QD auto-close. If a patch could close the phone app, I would think that this would be entirely possible. Love the recommendation!!!!! +1+1+1+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I, for one, would love to see QD auto-close. If a patch could close the phone app, I would think that this would be entirely possible. Love the recommendation!!!!! +1+1+1+1
    Since I use QD as my default dialer app (and open all the time), I'd just like the default Palm app to auto-close when the call completes. I'd prefer QD to remain open and not close itself after the call is over. My two cents...

Sounds like a preference slider button waiting to be programmed
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Since I use QD as my default dialer app (and open all the time), I'd just like the default Palm app to auto-close when the call completes. I'd prefer QD to remain open and not close itself after the call is over. My two cents...

Sounds like a preference slider button waiting to be programmed
    There is already a patch to auto-close the phone app. Cheque Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    There is already a patch to auto-close the phone app. Cheque Preware.
    Hey Quintus - thnx for the heads-up. But with over seven pages of apps to sort through, can you provide a little more info?

Like a name...

Or are you referring to the "Preware" app that is available for download? If you are <face palm smiley for me>...

thnx much!
    Techiedude
    Last edited by Techiedude; 11/13/2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Hey Quintus - thnx for the heads-up. But with over seven pages of apps to sort through, can you provide a little more info?

Like a name...

thnx much!
    Techiedude
    Quite intuitive actually. It's called "Close on hangup".
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Portraits not longer seem to be working after 1.3.1, even on newly added contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Portraits not longer seem to be working after 1.3.1, even on newly added contacts.
    Same here. I just paid for the app cuz I really liked the beta version.
  20.    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    We can thank Palm for that one. They confirmed that it is due to a bug they introduced and plan to fix in the next release. It also affects other apps.

Thanks everyone for the patience with the issue, it is just as frustrating for me, too.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast