Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    A couple questions, is the list scrollable up and down so that you can add more than 8 entries? If not scrollable (up\down) can you add more pages (swipe left\right)?
    It is scrollable.
    Congrats Drimo! Just saw the app in the App catalog - cool!

Hope you make a mint!

Happy Halloween(y) from Drimo to us, Palm Pre users

Techiedude
    Last edited by Techiedude; 10/30/2009 at 12:56 PM.
    What about if we buy it from the AppStore? Do we need to uninstall the Homebrew version first or just buy the new one and install it over the current?

thnx!

Techiedude
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Nice app one suggestion if not already implemented, could you make add custom lists so we can create different lists. Like a list for work related contacts, family, friends etc and be able switch between to the different lists...
    Yes, I have already been developing this.
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Drimo,

Grats on your app finally getting in. What is your development model going to be like as far as bug fixes and feature additions and providing quick access to users? Just curious.
    Thanks! Because Quick Dialer is in the official App Catalog, updates will be published through the App Catalog. My impression is that the update process does not take as long. If I find it does take a long time, I will find another way to provide updates more quickly.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Techiedude View Post
    What about if we buy it from the AppStore? Do we need to uninstall the Homebrew version first or just buy the new one and install it over the current?

thnx!

Techiedude
    I think you can just install the new one from the App Catalog. The pkg file names are different, so it should appear as a separate app. If not, just uninstall the hombrew version.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    For those who have it, how fast does it open? I have tried two of the other apps that do the simalar thing, and they take over 6 seconds to open. I would like one that opens fast like the dial pad.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duratime View Post
    For those who have it, how fast does it open? I have tried two of the other apps that do the simalar thing, and they take over 6 seconds to open. I would like one that opens fast like the dial pad.
    I believe the dial pad sits in memory at all times, so you're not going to find that sort of speed. I did some speed comparisons, but not ready to share at this point.
    Kinda sad - I searched the AppCatalog on "Quick Dialer" and it comes back with 55 results...Quick Dialer is #7 in the list - W-T-F Palm?!? Hopefully you don't pay them "Google" money for product placement...

But after deleting the Homebrew version of the app (didn't find an "uninstall" option per se), I'm now an official customer of Drimo's! Wahoo!

Now get to updatin' LOL

Thnx again, Drimo (and congrats!)

Techiedude

P.S. If you don't mind sharing (and I wouldn't blame you if you did), I'd be curious what your sales will be through the first week and month.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i'm on a german pre (webos 1.1.3) and have no quickdialer in app-catalog. maybe i'll find it there in november.
    in preware i only find a version 0.40
    am i missing something?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    i'm on a german pre (webos 1.1.3) and have no quickdialer in app-catalog. maybe i'll find it there in november.
    in preware i only find a version 0.40
    am i missing something?
    You don't have access to paid apps yet. The one you see in Preware is the last homebrew/free version Drimo released a while back... not very representative of the latest release.
  12.    #152  
    Actually, it probably will not show up in the App Catalog for Germany. It's not a Palm issue; I am only setup for sales in the United States.

I'm working on figuring out how I am going to handle beta / trial versions, at which time I will be updating the app on PreCentral. DrSuse is correct, the current one on PreCentral is not representative of what is currently in the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Great app. I have a suggestion though, is there any way you could improve the add contact button? The quality of the icon seems to be a little distracting since the rest of the app is very polished.

Thanks!
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Great app. I have a suggestion though, is there any way you could improve the add contact button? The quality of the icon seems to be a little distracting since the rest of the app is very polished.

Thanks!
    Sure, that is a good suggestion. Do you have ideas on how to change it?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Hey Drimo,

What is the ver (1.0.1) in Homebrew? Anything us paid app users are interested in? Thanks.
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Hey Drimo,

What is the ver (1.0.1) in Homebrew? Anything us paid app users are interested in? Thanks.
    Nope, it is just a short trial of the version in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Anyway to handle photo updates (via FB) more gracefully? I have a few contacts with blank pics now, I assume just delete and recreate. Maybe you can make it hold onto the old pictures?
  18.    #158  
    Yes, just delete and recreate the entry in the quick dialer list. The Palm Synergy service removes the old pictures. I'll be addressing this in the future, perhaps to update with the current photo.
    Can you add support for optional *82 prefix on each of a contact's phone numbers for those of us who have their mobile accounts setup w/private numbers but would like them revealed to some contacts on a case-by-case basis. My scenario is that I don't want most people to have my mobile number, but when I call home or my wife I want it displayed so it's clear I'm calling.

Right now the way native Contacts are setup I have to add an additional Other phone number with *82 "hard" entered before a phone number that already exists (e.g., Work or Mobile phone number). If I just added *82 to the existing phone number then my MMS wouldn't work correctly. Palm doesn't really offer any support for the private number and *82 scenario.
    Do you plan on putting an email icon in the bottom menu in the future?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast