Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 208
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by tallman2 View Post
    Love the changes you made in 0.4.0! Especially the fact that you added the button to launch the standard Pre dialing pad which allowed me to replace the standard dialing pad in my quick launch ribbon with your app!

    Couple of minor suggestions:
    - you might want to make your app icon a little smaller since the sides of the image are getting cut off when I view it in my quick launch (the sides are also cut off when you view the app icon in the Homebrew apps list in Precentral.net)
    - can you add the ability to change the order of the 8 entries? Maybe make them drag and drop like the Tasks app?

    FYI - when you added the buttons to get to the dialer pad or the contacts it gave me an idea for a new app. Since I am not a developer I figured I would pass along to you (or anybody else who is reading). Why not create an app that allows you to create a customized quick launch list? Then it can be added to the quick launch ribbon giving you the ability to click and see an expanded set of quick launch buttons. You could even create 4 different versions of the app so that people could download all 4 and replace the 4 customizable buttons in their quick launch ribbon. For example: click on a quick launch called "Games" and bring up a list of your favorite game apps; or click on "Favs" and see a list of the 8 apps you use most (and still have additional spots in the quick launch for other apps).
    I am planning to change the app icon soon. And reordering the list is definitely going to be implemented soon, I just have to change the way the data is stored to support it.

    Your idea for an app is interesting. I can see the usefulness in it but only if it were extremely fast to open and close. If it is not fast, then it is not useful because you can just go into the apps pages and launch from there just as easily.
  2. #82  
    Great app! I love the look of it. Just wanted to add my +1 for the SMS, reordering, and multiple pages of contacts. Personally, I know that I wouldn't need unlimited, just because it gets to a point where you have so many contacts, the idea of a "quick dialer" doesn't really work anymore. Thanks for your efforts!
  3. #83  
    Not sure if this has been reported yet.... but I noticed that the changes are not saved when you power off the phone IF you haven't closed the application after adding contacts. I added my 8 new contacts and then powered off the phone (for a different reason) and when I relaunched the app, it was back to the original "test" entry. So I added a couple of entries, closed the application, re-launched and then powered off.. contacts were saved... then added one new one and powered off the phone w/o closing first and that entry didn't stick.

    Matthew
  4. Blakegrp's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #84  
    I have been looking for a good speed-dial app. Thanks for your work on this!

    I don't know if it's possible, but what about an emulation of the old Treo speed-dial format? If I remember right, it was five screens of 10 numbers each (50 numbers total!). It would be very cool to be able to flick screens, tap a contact, and go!

    Thanks again!
  5. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrandeskc View Post
    Not sure if this has been reported yet.... but I noticed that the changes are not saved when you power off the phone IF you haven't closed the application after adding contacts. I added my 8 new contacts and then powered off the phone (for a different reason) and when I relaunched the app, it was back to the original "test" entry. So I added a couple of entries, closed the application, re-launched and then powered off.. contacts were saved... then added one new one and powered off the phone w/o closing first and that entry didn't stick.

    Matthew
    this is likely because he doesn't actually save data state until the cleanup() method...which only get's called when the app is closed by you, not by a system restart
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    this is likely because he doesn't actually save data state until the cleanup() method...which only get's called when the app is closed by you, not by a system restart
    The next version fixes this.
  7. Deeder's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #87  
    I replace the phone app with this one in the toolbar.
    I have over 200 contacts but about 10 I actually call.

    Small suggestion the way it is working on my pre is after hitting the qucik dialer, then the name, then the dial buttin.

    Can it be changed that when you hit the name it skips hitting the dial button?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeder View Post
    I replace the phone app with this one in the toolbar.
    I have over 200 contacts but about 10 I actually call.

    Small suggestion the way it is working on my pre is after hitting the qucik dialer, then the name, then the dial buttin.

    Can it be changed that when you hit the name it skips hitting the dial button?
    Yes, the current version should be doing this. Do you have 0.4.0?
  9. Deeder's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #89  
    yes the 0.4.0 does, sorry did not have the latest one.
    great app
    thank you very much!!
  10. JAI20's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #90  
    I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature that allows for adding a phone number that is not in your contact list...useful if you'll be calling a number frequently over a short period of time.

    I realize I can add the number to a new or existing contact and then add it to Quick Dialer then delete from both when I finished with it. I'm just wondering if this app could handle it more elegantly.

    Great work thus far.
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by jai20 View Post
    I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature that allows for adding a phone number that is not in your contact list...useful if you'll be calling a number frequently over a short period of time.

    I realize I can add the number to a new or existing contact and then add it to Quick Dialer then delete from both when I finished with it. I'm just wondering if this app could handle it more elegantly.

    Great work thus far.
    I was wondering about doing this as well and now that I've heard someone else would like the feature, I will plan on adding it in a future release. Thanks for the suggestion!
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakegrp View Post
    I don't know if it's possible, but what about an emulation of the old Treo speed-dial format? If I remember right, it was five screens of 10 numbers each (50 numbers total!). It would be very cool to be able to flick screens, tap a contact, and go!

    Thanks again!
    I'll second this suggestion - this would be awesome! Even if it was only two or three screens with eight to ten buttons per page (a la the Treo)!
    Last edited by Techiedude; 08/28/2009 at 02:11 PM.
  13. #93  
    Any new news on this app? Like maybe adding pictures next to names or the ability to text people from the app?
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Any new news on this app? Like maybe adding pictures next to names or the ability to text people from the app?
    Yes! I have been working very hard on the app and will be submitting it to the official Palm app catalog. Many of the new features are suggestions from this very thread. Here is a teaser of the next version...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #95  
    Sweet!!!!
  16. #96  
    will be very excited to see the new app.. i like having the pictures and ability to either 1 touch dial or SMS.. will download as soon as thats done, to replace the current phone icon in the quick launch. thx !!
  17. #97  
    actually d/l'd and tried out.for now going to continue using the other contact quick contact program.. but when your new version is out i will switch to this. it loads up fast and I like having ability to 1 touch dial or sms.

    any idea on a timeframe for update? Thanks!
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    any idea on a timeframe for update? Thanks!
    When it hits the official app catalog!
  19. #99  
    How quick does it load? How many seconds?
  20.    #100  
    My average timings to open Quick Dialer are around 4.1 seconds. My friend's average is around 4.9 seconds.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions