Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Thanks for the app, I love it... Two minor suggestions/thoughts:

1. Remove the "Add" button when the list is full. It will be less confusing and also look nicer.

2. Maybe at the bottom (or somewhere) add a little button to launch the full contacts list. I am using your app to replace that on the wave launch bar, twice now I've already opened it thinking I had someone on the list and realized I deemed them unworthy, haha.

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drimo View Post
    That was my original goal but I wanted to get something released now instead of waiting for it to be perfect. I am planning on adding the contact photos in a future release.
    awesome! thanks again, great work. will def be a most used app by me.
    I agree with others that something like this could easily become the primary phone app with a couple of enhancements. A couple of things I'd like to see:

* add a SMS button to each contact so that I can text them from here too
    * +1 for adding buttons at the bottom to launch the stock phone/contact/messaging apps
    * +1 for allowing scrollable contacts so we can add more in here if we want (yeah it sort of defeats the 'quick access' idea but let the user decide how many they need and if they're willing to scroll)
    Great job! Looks very slick and useful!

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Good work so far and good suggestions. Here are mine which are similar...

-Add a small picture from the phone book of the person (i know it's on your todo list)
    -When a person is added it checks to see what types of numbers are present. If a mobile is present have a small picture of a cell phone and an sms button on the right. If there is a home or office number add a home or office button. That way you can have all of their numbers available on the main page as well as texting.
    -Allow a refresh of the contacts if I maybe added someone's cell phone # after I had their home #
    -Add a link to the official dialer so we can replace it in the quick launch with your app.

Good luck
    Looks Great! Will you add the ability to add more than 8 contacts?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Great app, thanks!
    Nice App would be nice to select an SMS option.
    Nice start. As with Quick Contacts, I think separate pages for different types of contacts (i.e. a page of friends, a page of family, and a page of business contacts) would do this app wonders.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  10.    #30  
    I was planning on doing the SMS feature and also allowing more than 8 contacts. But to do both of these I have to change some of the architecture of the program. For SMS I have to change the tap targets from a row to a button (not hard) and for allowing more than 8 contacts, I have to change the data storage method.

I am planning on doing a few other smaller features before I change the architecture. I will be adding buttons for the dial pad and the full contacts app probably in the next release.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I refuse to use this based on the sample names alone.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Manutd7 View Post
    I refuse to use this based on the sample names alone.
    Come on, wouldn't you like to have Ken Holland on speed dial???
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I like the simplicity. If you do put the contact photos, make it a option or perference you can turn on/off. SMS button would be cool too. Great app! Keep up the good work!
    Much thanks for your hard work on this app!

I much prefer this program to the other available contact program, and have even replaced the phone on the launcher, but based on using both, I have one question:

Is it possible to have the number dialed by the phone program (as opposed to just bringing it up and having to push the green button) or is that a limitation of the OS?

I know, I sound awfully whiny, but since this app has already eliminated many cumbersome steps to dialing a contact, I thought I'd push for one more!

Thanks again!
    Great app. I noticed that the name shows as 'ContactName Undefined' if the user only is listed by one name.
    i.e. 'Parents' in contact will show as 'Parents Undefined' in your app
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    sweet guys
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Is it possible to add a "dialer" button to take you to the dial screen?
    Also like other said contact pic and sms would be cool.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodleydog View Post
    Much thanks for your hard work on this app!

I much prefer this program to the other available contact program, and have even replaced the phone on the launcher, but based on using both, I have one question:

Is it possible to have the number dialed by the phone program (as opposed to just bringing it up and having to push the green button) or is that a limitation of the OS?
    This post echoes my wishes as well. This app is named "Quick Dialer" after all!

Thank you for your hard work on a very useful app.
    While it would be great having a one touch access to the dialer added in a future update, there is another way you can go about this...

Create a contact named 'Dial Pad' or some other similar two word nomenclature.
    Add a phone number, but instead of putting a number in there, put a letter 't' in there. This is just a simple timed pause.
    Save your contact.

Now just add the new contact as your last quick dial.
    When you press the 'Dial Pad' quick dial, it launches the dialer with no number input, and you are ready to dial away!

nice app!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Great app. Just a minor suggestion/request. As Bouha noted, contacts with only one name show up as undefined for last name. This is pretty minor but just an aesthetics thing I guess for me. Also, a small picture and an SMS option would be great. Great work
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast