Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    @Drimo are you working on releasing an update to fix this problem? I know that Quick Contacts fixed theirs. I love your work and keep up the great job!
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    @Drimo are you working on releasing an update to fix this problem? I know that Quick Contacts fixed theirs. I love your work and keep up the great job!
    When I can. Palm suggested a work-around using the download manager, but stated this is an exploit that would be eventually closed. I don't want to have multiple versions floating around where certain things work based upon the version of Webos.

I am finding it difficult right now to dedicate time for development due to a lot of overtime at my real job, plus my wife and I have our first baby on the way that we are preparing for. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Quite intuitive actually. It's called "Close on hangup".
    Cool - thnx Quintus! Didn't realize it was a "patch" so I was looking in the wrong place <doh>

Techiedude
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I just bought the app and yep, the pics are missing. Not a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by drimo View Post
    plus my wife and I have our first baby on the way that we are preparing for. Thanks for your patience.
    Congrats on your baby. Our son just turned 1.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by edwelly View Post
    I just bought the app and yep, the pics are missing. Not a deal breaker for me.

Congrats on your baby. Our son just turned 1.
    Thanks, it is very exciting for us! We are having a girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by drimo View Post
    Thanks, it is very exciting for us! We are having a girl!
    Congrats Drimo! Our son is 4yrs old and we're expecting a little girl this Valentines Day

(Certainly makes for a different kind of household...a lil bit of followed by and a good dose of leaves you feeling )

And that's before the lack of sleep sets in - LOL

Techiedude
    Last edited by Techiedude; 11/17/2009 at 08:06 AM.
    @ Drimo. Congrats and I completely understand. I just wish Palm wouldn't change code in the first place. You shouldn't have to rewrite a program for each new software update.
    Congrats on the up coming birth of your first child. I have 2 and let me just say - enjoy every minute, take tons of pictures and video. They grow so fast.
    ------------------------------
    1. If I upgrade to the version that is in the app store do I have to add all my numbers back in or will they remain.

2. Suggestion for feature. I have multiple numbers for certain people. Instead of having to enter 3 or 4 entries in the list. Can it be made to pop up a list and ask which number to dial? i.e.
    Karen (list shows)
    (popup) HOME 999-999-9999
    (popup) WORK 999-999-9999

also some entries could be marked as dont ask just dial.
    etc.

or optionally,

Have the name left justified and then an icon for HOME, WORK, CELL. From what I can see you can fit probably about 3 phone numbers via icons on the same line.

Thx. Great app.
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by startagl View Post
    1. If I upgrade to the version that is in the app store do I have to add all my numbers back in or will they remain.
    Yes, you will have to add the numbers to the list again.

Quote Originally Posted by startagl View Post
    2. Suggestion for feature. I have multiple numbers for certain people. Instead of having to enter 3 or 4 entries in the list. Can it be made to pop up a list and ask which number to dial? i.e.
    Karen (list shows)
    (popup) HOME 999-999-9999
    (popup) WORK 999-999-9999

also some entries could be marked as dont ask just dial.
    etc.

or optionally,

Have the name left justified and then an icon for HOME, WORK, CELL. From what I can see you can fit probably about 3 phone numbers via icons on the same line.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Just noticed on my Pre that after the new WebOS update the Quick Dialer app loads a little quicker!

Of course the update broke a lot of my patches (Email, messaging and PDF landscape views) And I can't uninstall them in order to reinstall them

Techiedude
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Techiedude View Post
    Just noticed on my Pre that after the new WebOS update the Quick Dialer app loads a little quicker!
    Yes, it does! In some of my testing, I have found Quick Dialer opens in just about the same amount of time as the Palm Calculator app. Sometimes I wonder why people bother complaining about the speed because WebOS as a whole is not blazingly fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Techiedude View Post
    Of course the update broke a lot of my patches (Email, messaging and PDF landscape views) And I can't uninstall them in order to reinstall them
    I had that issue with the patch for showing the download count in the App Catalog. I used WebOS Quick Install to do the Emergency Patch Removal, then reinstalled the patch. Worked like a charm, so give it a try.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Still hoping Palm either fixes whatever broke contact pics or you put out an update to bandaid it. All my sad little empty boxes, lol.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Still hoping Palm either fixes whatever broke contact pics or you put out an update to bandaid it. All my sad little empty boxes, lol.
    I know, but in the meantime, the app still works.
    I have added some photos to my contacts after initial set up of quick dialer, but they do not show up in quick dialer now. I thought I'd try to delete the entry and then reload it for the photo to show up and be added, but it still is not there.... any help?

oops.... now I see the thread on this.... due to web os update...thanks, I'll be patient
    Last edited by berniepre; 11/20/2009 at 10:19 AM.
    the pictures work again with 1.3.5.
    It also seems to load a lot faster. This app is now working great.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Hey Drimo... now that the pictures work again, any plans to come up with a way to handle picture updates (i.e. facebook photo sync'ing)?

Ideally QD would realize there has been a change and automatically use the new picture. At least hoping for a manual "resync photo" option if that is not possible, though. Something better than deleting and re-adding.

Thanks.
    The title tells it all. I am back to the default screen after installing 1.3.5. The speed dials are gone. Anyone else have this issue? I only had a dozen so it wont be a big deal but could this be prevented with the next update?
    Visor->650->Pre
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post
    The title tells it all. I am back to the default screen after installing 1.3.5. The speed dials are gone. Anyone else have this issue? I only had a dozen so it wont be a big deal but could this be prevented with the next update?
    Nope! 1.3.5 moved applications to a different part of the internal storage. The database appears to have been lost during the migration. Just recreate it and you should be good to go.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I guess I was lucky to not have lost any settings or contacts/etc... just hoping to be able to stop deleting and re-adding and reorganizing to keep up with contact pic changes.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast