Page 1 of 67 1234561151 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quick Contacts is the ultimate speed dialing application for your Palm Pre.

With Quick Contacts, you can call, SMS and email all of your favorite contacts with just a few taps on your screen and never even slide open your keyboard. Add your friend to Quick Contacts, tap on their hotspot and it will give you their details so you can choose their number to dial.

Want it to be even quicker? Set up a preferred number for each contact and the next time you tap on their hotspot, Quick Contacts will take you straight to the dialer.

And if your friend has a picture associated with them, their hotspot will be their picture. That will make calling your favorites very easy.

Once you start using Quick Contacts, you'll wonder how you used your phone without it.

Don't forget to Vote for it here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/quick-contacts

If you find Quick Contacts to be useful and you feel like donating, it would be much appreciated.

Palm requires all releases on PreCentral to now be beta versions for testing! This version will expire 14 days after you first use it unless you have donated at least $5 to receive free updates for life. If you have donated, I will contact you to give you instructions so that it will not expire.

Current Version: 1.0.7

If you are upgrading from a version before v0.9.17, you will need to reselect your Preferred Number for all of your Quick Contacts.

Version 1.0.7 [4/1/2010]
    -------------------------

* Fixes Unknown SMS bug
    * Added full translations of Help Documentation to Spanish, German, French and Italian

Version 1.0.3 [2/27/2010]

* Fixes freezing on startup issue
    * Fixes Top-right menu that was inaccessible
    * Fixes Prompt Preferred Dialing
    * Allows for 5 pages of contacts for a total of 45

Version 1.0.1 [2/11/2010]

* Fixed stretching of contacts' photos

Version 0.9.35 [1/28/2010]

* Fixed scrolling when setting Preferred Dialing for Pre and Pixi
    * Fixed issue where deleted contact phone numbers/email addresses would not be deleted from Preferred Items

Version 0.9.33 [1/26/2010]

* Added ability to customize Preferred Dialing with multiple numbers/email addresses

Version 0.9.23 [11/15/2009]

* Fixed bug: Help scene was not working
    * Fixed bug: Didn't display contact properly when adding a contact with no photo

Version 0.9.21 [11/14/2009]
    * Fixes major bug where app didn't work with WebOS v1.3.1
    * Added spinner notification while adding contacts
    * Full support for Palm Pixi

Version 0.9.19 [11/10/2009]
    - Added detailed preference icons to Prompt setting in Grid and List Views
    - Bug fix: If the contact had a pager, it would not show details
    - Bug fix: Fixed One Touch Dial Label in Preferences

Version 0.9.17 [11/8/2009]
    - Added feature: Add a prefix or suffix to calls for use with calling card, Google Voice, phone extensions
    - Added new detailed icons to show type of contact (home, phone, work)
    - Added preference to choose detailed icons or use original icons
    - Redirected Tools Help Menu to Tools Help
    - Redirected Preferences Help Menu to Preferences Help
    - Support for Palm Pixi
    - Bug fix: When no picture is found in grid view, preferred type was in the wrong place
    - Updated language translations

Version 0.9.15 [10/28/2009]
    - Increased spacing in Grid View to remove empty space
    - Increased language translations for Spanish, French, German, Italian
    - Bug fix: Fixed resyncing issues with preferred number not saving
    - Improved handling of contacts that change Facebook photos

* Note: If you are installing v0.9.11 or higher over a previous version, it is highly recommended to delete the contacts in Quick Contacts first to clean up the memory.

Version 0.9.13 [10/24/2009]
    - Added feature: Can now remove Launcher Buttons through preferences
    - Bug fix: Resyncing didnt always resync
    - Bug fix: App didn't startup for new users
    - Added language support: Spanish, French, German, Italian
    - Updated Help

Version 0.9.11 [10/21/2009]
    - Added feature: Can reorder contacts in List View
    - Removed Quick Contacts header for more space between contacts
    - Removed 'FAX' as an option
    - Bug fix: Some custom user backgrounds would not work
    - Bug fix: Display Name was editable even when it wasn't displayed in Contact Details
    - Bug fix: Preferred Number was not reset when resync and preferred number no longer existed
    - Bug fix: Preferences: Extra line was showing at the bottom of Grid View and List View
    - Decreased memory usage to optimize speed

Version 0.9.9 [10/6/2009]
    - Bug fix: Preferred item alignment is fixed (broke when WebOS v1.2 was installed)
    - Bug fix: When a contact changes their picture, the picture will not disappear and leave an

empty space
    - Added feature: When resyncing a contact, display name and preferred information will be

saved.
    - Added feature: Preferences - Can now change background image to Custom image
    - Added feature: Preferences - Ability to change Font Shade to dark/light for better contrast

with background
    - Added feature: Tools - Remove Gaps Between Contacts
    - Added feature: Tools - Delete All Contacts
    - Added feature: Banner notifications on certain operations
    - Contact Details - Phone number is now shown in formatted form
    - Contact Details - Left aligned contact's name
    - Added Help to Preferences
    - Updated Help

Version 0.9.7 [9/23/2009]
    - Added feature: List View
    - Added feature: Can change display name for each contact
    - Added feature: Preferred target can now be Phone, SMS, Email or Prompt
    - Added: Photo Image now shows icon based on Preferred target chosen
    - Updated Preferences
    - Updated Help

Version 0.9.5 [9/9/2009]

- Fixed bug: When adding a contact, phone would soft reboot
    - Speed improvements when adding a contact

Version 0.9.3 [9/9/2009]
    - Fixed bug: After Replace/Resync to a different contact, Contact Details would not go to correct contact
    - Updated Help: Added Preferences>Contact Details on Dial

Version 0.9.2 - RELEASE CANDIDATE 4 [9/8/2009]
    - Added Preference - Contact Details on Dial
    - Removed several background themes to lower filesize

Version 0.9.1 - RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 [9/8/2009]
    - Added 2nd page of contacts for a total of 18 possible contacts
    - Tapping on image brings up contact detail even if Preferred Number Dialing is on
    - Contact Detail: Added email ability
    - Show Names now show over opaque background
    - Updated Preferences - Added built-in background themes to change look
    - Added splash loading screen
    - Speed improvements

Version 0.8.5 - RELEASE CANDIDATE 2 [8/28/2009]
    - Updated Preferences feature - Show Names: Ability to show on top or bottom area of photo
    - Fixed overflow if phone number is too long in contact detail
    - Fixed overflow if name and company are too long in contact detail
    - If a contact detail has too many phone numbers, area will scroll without interfering with bottom buttons
    - Fixed headers while scrolling in Help areas

Version 0.8.4 - RELEASE CANDIDATE 1 [8/27/2009]
    ---------------------
    - Added Feature: Show Names on Photo
    - Removed back button from contact detail
    - Contact Detail: Contacts button launches Contacts App to that contact
    - Contact Detail: Phone button calls preferred number if Preferred Number set. Otherwise, brings up phone dialer. Uses One Touch Dial if set.
    - Added Frequently Asked Questions
    - Added more support options
    - Updated Quick Contacts icon

Version 0.8.3 [8/23/2009]
    ---------------------------------
    - Signifcantly Quicker!
    - Added Feature: SMS buttons in contact detail take you directly to previous conversation
    - Added Feature: Tap on contact name in detail screen launches Contacts App to that contact
    - Added Feature: Email button to main contacts area
    - Added: Help Menu
    - Renamed Haptic Feedback to Vibrate on Tap in Preferences
    - Added background gradient
    - Fixed button response highlight in contact details

If you click on the SMS button from the contact and it says Unknown, Replace/Resync the contact to see if that fixes it.

Version 0.8.2 [8/20/2009]
    - Added Feature: One Click Dial
    - Added Feature: Close On Dial
    - Added Feature: Haptic Feedback
    - Added SMS button to main contacts page
    - Added Preferences Menu - One Click Dial, Close on Dial, Preferred Number, Haptic Feedback
    - Preferred Number selection is a button
    - Added 'Add a Contact' where a contact did not exist.
    - Added back button in contact detail screen
    - Added rounded border around contact image
    - Changed Add a Contact image

Version 0.8.1 [8/18/2009]
    - One touch dialing. No need to click on the dial button anymore after choosing a contact's phone number.
    - Contact Detail was showing a square instead of white pawn for some users with no contact picture.
    - Some new Quick Contacts users did not see anything on the screen. Fixed this bug.
    - Fixed issue on Contacts Screen - on initial load, Add a Contact would show first, even if image exists.
    - Added entries for Pager and Second Fax.

Version 0.8.0 [8/15/2009]
    ---------------------------------
    - Added ability to save Preferred Number for each contact
    - Moved Contacts button to bottom-left corner
    - Moved Replace/Resync and Delete Contact buttons to bottom-center and replaced with icons
    - Removed back button from contact detail screen
    - Updated Icon to transparent background (only visible if Quick Contacts is uninstalled/reinstalled or a brand new install)
    - Fixed issue where Contact Detail would initially show a square when loading

Version 0.7.8 [8/13/2009]
    - Cleaned up ipk so smaller footprint and filesize
    - Added Contacts button to get to main contacts app
    - Replace Phone Dialer button text with Phone Dialer icon
    - Added Back Arrow button to go back to Main Contacts screen

Version 0.7.7 [8/12/2009]
    - Changed to darker color scheme for better contrast

Main Contacts:
    When contact has no picture
    - put name under the blank profile icon
    - the entire area is selectable (instead of just the name/company text)
    - if the name is too long, it is truncated to fit in the selectable area

Contact Detail:
    - Right-justified and changed color of contact detail types

Version 0.7.6 [8/11/2009]
    - Added Phone Dialer to the Contacts Screen
    - Moved the Replace/Resync/Delete functions to the Contact's Detail Screen (holding down on a contact's picture no longer brings up the Replace/Resync/Delete menu)
    - Added background image for Contacts that do not have a photo

Version 0.7.5 [8/10/2009]
    ------------
    Initial Release

Known issues:
    - If you make a change to a contact associated with Quick Contacts, it will not receive the change. You must use the Replace/Resync function in the program to get the updated contact information.

To Do in Future Versions:
    - Close dialer after call is complete
    - Putting contacts into Groups
    - Ability to select portion of image to fit hotspot perfectly to prevent image scaling.
    - Ability to use with Google Voice
    - Ability to reorder contacts by click & drag
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by uptempo777; 04/02/2010 at 01:40 AM.
    thank you,this has been needed.
    Hey this is a hr8 aop...but I was wondering when you add a contect and then click on the picture and then the # instead of pressing the green button to call can it do it right when you press the number is automatically calls
    It would be great to be able to select the preferred number and dial it without going to another window and selecting the number. Possibly a quick tap dials the preferred number associated with the contact and holding it longer brings up all phone numbers (Kind of like speed dial works by pressing a number) I think most people like myself usually call someone on the same number (mobile) but we also have their home and fax numbers just in case.

This is a good app already. Much better than adding a contact to the launcher.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by turinsoutheast View Post
    It would be great to be able to select the preferred number and dial it without going to another window and selecting the number. Possibly a quick tap dials the preferred number associated with the contact and holding it longer brings up all phone numbers (Kind of like speed dial works by pressing a number) I think most people like myself usually call someone on the same number (mobile) but we also have their home and fax numbers just in case.

Thanks for your feedback!

Currently WebOS forces the user to have to hit the Dial Button on the green phone screen. Most likely it's a security issue so some apps won't just dial without the user knowing it.

If any developers out there know how to bypass that last screen, I'd love to be able to make that change.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Sounds interesting, I will test it out. You have any screenshots by chance?
    im not a developer but this would be an awesome project...build an app that is a touch screen keyboard similar to the iphone...the sliding out of the keyboard is sort of quirky especially when trying to type when viewing a web page sideways....thoughts or takers on the project...I would donate for that.
    Nice work! I am working on my own implementation but have been struggling to find the time to work on it. You seem to have done well!

I have not figured out yet how to grab the contact's picture. Any pointers? I am using the PeoplePicker to retrieve the contacts details and extract the name and phone number from the json.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by turinsoutheast View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Sounds interesting, I will test it out. You have any screenshots by chance?
    Screenshots are here: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/quick-contacts
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by drimo View Post
    Nice work! I am working on my own implementation but have been struggling to find the time to work on it. You seem to have done well!

I have not figured out yet how to grab the contact's picture. Any pointers? I am using the PeoplePicker to retrieve the contacts details and extract the name and phone number from the json.
    That's pretty much what I did. With the JSON, you can see all the data being returned.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    uptempo777,

If possible could you consider dumbing the app down to just the essentials. What i mean by that is that people want an app that would allow them to call someone with the use of 2 or 3 button presses. Meaning, we could just program the number we want on our quick app list, pull up the app and have only 2 options. call or text. That's it. This would eliminate a lot of extra steps. We don't need to be able to choose home or cell. We normally only call people on one phone so that option is useless. Check out the jpeg I've attached as a physical example of what I'm trying to express/describe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12.    #12  
    Yeah good idea. I'll see if I can come up with a few way of making that happen.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    If possible could you consider dumbing the app down to just the essentials.
    I second this idea...

How about a quick-click vs. long click scenario. For instance:
    If I just tap the picture it dials the "default" number which I selected upon putting the person in the spot in the first place.
    If tap and hold the button it sends me to pick which number or SMS I want to use.

That would really help out when driving, for instance. With the tap of two buttons (open the app, press the picture) I could call a person with the most frequently dialed number.

Just a thought. Interestingly the only thing I miss from my WinMo phone is the picture dialing right on the home screen. This would make it a lot closer to that.

I know you currently have the "hold down" used for changing out the person, but I think that may ok to use the Orange button and click, because odds are folks will have the keyboard in hand when setting these contacts up. Just a thought.

Thanks for your time!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Great app, thanks. It's a little sticky when trying to delete or replace though. It literally took me about 10 tries to make the change without it jumping to the contact info. Could just be me!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    +1 on tapping the picture to dial a pre-determined default number, thus eliminating a step. I'll download this app (or one like it) when that feature exists. Otherwise it's not worth adding another app icon to my already-crowded launcher screen. (IMHO of course).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Great app, thanks. It's a little sticky when trying to delete or replace though. It literally took me about 10 tries to make the change without it jumping to the contact info. Could just be me!
    Actually you're right. The tap and the hold are fighting with each other. One of the bugs I'm trying to fix.

For anyone else that has this issue, if you press and hold an area and then move it away from where you originally pressed, it will work without jumping to the contact info.

I'm working on the fix at this moment!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Actually you're right. The tap and the hold are fighting with each other. One of the bugs I'm trying to fix.

For anyone else that has this issue, if you press and hold an area and then move it away from where you originally pressed, it will work without jumping to the contact info.

I'm working on the fix at this moment!
    Terrific, it's still great.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Nifty app... this was my wife's #1 complaint about her pre, no photo dialer. One minor thing - possible to replace one of the contacts (lower right, perhaps) with a direct link to the dialer? Would let me get rid of the dialer from my quicklaunch bar and put this in its place.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    Nifty app... this was my wife's #1 complaint about her pre, no photo dialer. One minor thing - possible to replace one of the contacts (lower right, perhaps) with a direct link to the dialer? Would let me get rid of the dialer from my quicklaunch bar and put this in its place.
    That's funny. That was my girlfriend's complaint too which is one reason I started making this app.

Having the dialer there is a good idea. Let me look into that.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    One minor thing - possible to replace one of the contacts (lower right, perhaps) with a direct link to the dialer? Would let me get rid of the dialer from my quicklaunch bar and put this in its place.
    I agree, that would be sweet to be able to replace the quicklaunch dialer with this. This app is close to filling in a major missing piece with the PRE.

You are on the verge of a killer app! Good Job!!!
Page 1 of 67 1234561151 ... LastLast