Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
    My suggestion for this app would be instead of opening up the contact in a different screen or going directly to the dialer would be to highlight the selection and then have buttons appear at the bottom for the selection such as a "dial icon," and "SMS" icon. Great app.

aesthetically the only thing that I might quibble at is that the sharp edges of the photos are a bit too much with the polished edges of all the other buttons.

Great job! I can't wait to see the progress of this app

EDIT: Hope you don't mind... I made a quick mockup of what I was refering to
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by remix2000; 08/15/2009 at 01:36 PM.
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Donated, thanks for the update
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Morning (or Good Afternoon to the east coasters)! For those of you looking for a new version, I just uploaded v0.8.0. This now includes (drum roll...) the Preferred Number feature so you can tap on a contact's image and go straight to the dial screen.

DONATE $5 - FREE FOR LIFE
    Also, for everyone that donates at least $5 during this beta stage before it hits the App Catalog, I'll give you FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE (even after it gets on the App Catalog)! (I'm realizing how much time this is taking up). So if you feel it's useful and donate $5, you'll never be charged for Quick Contacts.

New for Version 0.8.0 [8/15/2009]
    ---------------------------------
    - Added ability to save Preferred Number for each contact
    - Moved Contacts button to bottom-left corner
    - Moved Replace/Resync and Delete Contact buttons to bottom-center and replaced with icons
    - Removed back button from contact detail screen
    - Updated Icon to transparent background (only visible if Quick Contacts is uninstalled/reinstalled or a brand new install)
    - Fixed issue where Contact Detail would initially show a square when loading

Thanks again for all the feedback!
    uptempo777
    I like this enough that I think your offer is fair. So, if we've already donated something to you (as I have), do we only have to make up the difference?
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I like this enough that I think your offer is fair. So, if we've already donated something to you (as I have), do we only have to make up the difference?
    That's fine too! Send me a private message here with your e-mail address.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/15/2009 at 06:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    A donation and a thanks. Best app yet.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    My suggestion for this app would be instead of opening up the contact in a different screen or going directly to the dialer would be to highlight the selection and then have buttons appear at the bottom for the selection such as a "dial icon," and "SMS" icon. Great app.

aesthetically the only thing that I might quibble at is that the sharp edges of the photos are a bit too much with the polished edges of all the other buttons.

Great job! I can't wait to see the progress of this app

EDIT: Hope you don't mind... I made a quick mockup of what I was refering to
    Thanks, nice looking mock up. Let me see what I can do...

uptempo777
    Great app, I really needed this! I have a Google contacts account and Facebook. I added my mom and it pulled in her facebook pic as that was the default profile. I added a better pic to Google contacts and switched it to the primary profile for her and it shows up in the Pre Contacts app. However, in here, no matter if I restart the app or remove her as a quick contact and re-add her, it keeps showing her facebook pic, not the default google contacts pic. Looks like the pic is cached somehow for any given contact. Again, fantastic work! This shouldn't just be in the official store, this should be a part of the OS!
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by rol7805 View Post
    Great app, I really needed this! I have a Google contacts account and Facebook. I added my mom and it pulled in her facebook pic as that was the default profile. I added a better pic to Google contacts and switched it to the primary profile for her and it shows up in the Pre Contacts app. However, in here, no matter if I restart the app or remove her as a quick contact and re-add her, it keeps showing her facebook pic, not the default google contacts pic. Looks like the pic is cached somehow for any given contact. Again, fantastic work! This shouldn't just be in the official store, this should be a part of the OS!
    That's interesting. I'll see what I can find with that and fix that in an upcoming release. Thanks for your feedback!

uptempo777
    Thanks, nice looking mock up. Let me see what I can do...

uptempo777
    Thank you! Let me know if you need any help with Icons. I've been helping developers around here with them lately. Just let me know what size you'd like and I'll work it out!!
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    This is a awesome app. Very useful. Looking forward to all the updates
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The only thing that I would love to see change is that it auto dials once you choose the contact. Why have to do things twice.

Great app!
    This app is great. I just made a donation...Thanks.
    Great app.. Now i can get rid of the dialer and contacts shortcuts from my main launcher to make room for other stuff....
    donated..
    Any plams for sms abilities?
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    Any plams for sms abilities?
    Absolutely! I'm looking to get that out next.

uptempo777
    Excellent. My only advice would be from a gui perspective, use the space on the center bottom of main screen or put those two buttons in the header title bar for a cleaner look. ngreat app, replaced the dialer in my launch bar
    As if this app wasn't great already, the preferred number update is just fantastic! Will be donating in a few days.
  18.    #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng View Post
    Excellent. My only advice would be from a gui perspective, use the space on the center bottom of main screen or put those two buttons in the header title bar for a cleaner look. ngreat app, replaced the dialer in my launch bar
    Yeah actually I'm going to change that up a little bit with the next release. Thanks!

uptempo777
    Thanks k8e!

As of now, the WebOS SDK won't let any app directly dial without the user hitting the dial button on the green screen. I'm assuming that's a security measure since Palm might be worried about apps initiating calls that the person didn't want to make.

Trust me, I want Quick Contacts to dial out on one click as well. =)

uptempo777
    It can be done tho cant it? Cuz right now the only reason i would consider a program like this if it cuts down on the number of taps. Right now i simply cleared out 1 of the 3 screens on the launcher and added contacts to it. Now on this screen, if i tap a name, then a number, it will go to the dialer screen and start calling(without me hitting the dial button) so if Palm can do it u should be able to do it im hoping. If you can make it auto dial the number you'll have my donation asap, otherwise I can keep my current scenario of adding contacts to launcher if i have to have the extra finger taps
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    It can be done tho cant it? Cuz right now the only reason i would consider a program like this if it cuts down on the number of taps. Right now i simply cleared out 1 of the 3 screens on the launcher and added contacts to it. Now on this screen, if i tap a name, then a number, it will go to the dialer screen and start calling(without me hitting the dial button) so if Palm can do it u should be able to do it im hoping. If you can make it auto dial the number you'll have my donation asap, otherwise I can keep my current scenario of adding contacts to launcher if i have to have the extra finger taps
    The current version of GDial Pro dials out w/out extra taps.