Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
  1. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Hey this is a hr8 aop...but I was wondering when you add a contect and then click on the picture and then the # instead of pressing the green button to call can it do it right when you press the number is automatically calls
    I absolutely agree! When I first downloaded the app, I expected it to automatically dial the number I selected from my contact, but to my surprise, I also then had to press the dial button. I would be much easier if pressing the phone number associated with the contact would automatically call it. Other than that, I think the app is wonderful!!
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I absolutely agree! When I first downloaded the app, I expected it to automatically dial the number I selected from my contact, but to my surprise, I also then had to press the dial button. I would be much easier if pressing the phone number associated with the contact would automatically call it. Other than that, I think the app is wonderful!!
    Thanks k8e!

As of now, the WebOS SDK won't let any app directly dial without the user hitting the dial button on the green screen. I'm assuming that's a security measure since Palm might be worried about apps initiating calls that the person didn't want to make.

Trust me, I want Quick Contacts to dial out on one click as well. =)

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Like the new button though I think it should have a little padding to make the button bigger.

Could you change the Delete alert from:

Are you sure you would like to delete this contact?
    To:

Are you sure you would like to delete this contact from Quick Contacts?
    It was a little confusing at first as I thought it might be asking if I want to delete the contact from contacts.

BTW: I tested rounded corners in the browser and the CSS rule is:

Code:
    -webkit-border-radius: 10px;
    Thanks for the great app.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Like the new button though I think it should have a little padding to make the button bigger.

Could you change the Delete alert from:

To:

It was a little confusing at first as I thought it might be asking if I want to delete the contact from contacts.

BTW: I tested rounded corners in the browser and the CSS rule is:

Code:
    -webkit-border-radius: 10px;
    Thanks for the great app.
    Yeah you're right. It does seem like it's asking to delete from the main contacts on the phone. That should be a pretty easy change to make for the clarification.

Which button are you referring to? In the bottom row? Actually, in WebOS, those are preset since they will always be on the bottom of the screen (even if you have scrolling data). I think because of that, there isn't too much freedom I have to change the button sizing.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Great app! A few suggestions:
    The phone and address book buttons could be separated. One right and the other left corner and possibly a bit bigger.
    The icon needs a bit of work. I can see a square shadow behind it.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Which button are you referring to? In the bottom row? Actually, in WebOS, those are preset since they will always be on the bottom of the screen (even if you have scrolling data). I think because of that, there isn't too much freedom I have to change the button sizing.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Yeah, I was thinking that the buttons were a little small. I tried them out and I can tap them, but I'd like to see them a little wider. Making them wider would give me a larger target and a little separation between the two.

Are you going to enable moving the pictures around like I can move apps around in the launcher?

Was the CSS code for rounded corners helpful?

I'm looking forward to the default number and SMS support.

Thanks again for the app, it makes the Pre more useful.
    Last edited by tannyo; 08/13/2009 at 07:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    How about adding a text icon to the bottom of it also so that I can take that out of my quick launch bar.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that the buttons were a little small. I tried them out and I can tap them, but I'd like to see them a little wider. Making them wider would give me a larger target and a little separation between the two.

Are you going to enable moving the pictures around like I can move apps around in the launcher?

Was the CSS code for rounded corners helpful?

I'm looking forward to the default number and SMS support.

Thanks again for the app, it makes the Pre more useful.
    Moving the pictures around is a possibility. I was originally gonna set it up like that but since I wanted to get something out for people to try, I opted for static areas. I'll look into that after I get the SMS and preferred numbers in there though.

I haven't tried the CSS code yet but I'll see if it'll let me do that with those buttons.

Thanks for your support!
    uptempo777
    I am going to warn you right now that Im complete Pre-noob. I just picked it up yesterday but I have already installed multiple homebrew apps with Filecoaster and made a couple of ringtones as well.

I uploaded my old phones contact list as a .CSV to my gmail account and did a sync and was able to access all my contacts on the Pre. Now I was hoping for a visual speed dial, which this seems to be the closet app possible. However I have not been able to add any contacts to "Quick Contacts". When I tap the little blue man and green plus icon the Contacts Card pops up but when i choose a contact i want to add it doesnt add it to "Quick Contacts". It just lets me fiddle with info for that specific contact. A step-by-step screen shot walk thru would be beneficial. Any app should really have a step-by-step screenshot tutorial for the first use.

I am migrating from Instinct which I am rapidly considering going back to because the lack of the Micro SD slot and Visual Voicemail.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint_Sux View Post
    I am going to warn you right now that Im complete Pre-noob. I just picked it up yesterday but I have already installed multiple homebrew apps with Filecoaster and made a couple of ringtones as well.

I uploaded my old phones contact list as a .CSV to my gmail account and did a sync and was able to access all my contacts on the Pre. Now I was hoping for a visual speed dial, which this seems to be the closet app possible. However I have not been able to add any contacts to "Quick Contacts". When I tap the little blue man and green plus icon the Contacts Card pops up but when i choose a contact i want to add it doesnt add it to "Quick Contacts". It just lets me fiddle with info for that specific contact. A step-by-step screen shot walk thru would be beneficial. Any app should really have a step-by-step screenshot tutorial for the first use.

I am migrating from Instinct which I am rapidly considering going back to because the lack of the Micro SD slot and Visual Voicemail.
    Thanks for trying it out Sprint_Sux. Sorry I don't have a tutorial yet, I'm constantly developing it so any documentation I create might be outdated by the next day so it's not practical at this point.

I think I need a screen shot walk thru of everything you are doing. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly though.

When you click on the blue guy to add a new contact and it bring up the Person Picker, does it say "Pick A Contact to Add"? If it's just the regular Contacts app, it won't say that.

Does this happen for each of the 9 spots?
    Have you tried choosing different contacts? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling to see if it has the same behavior?
    Do the other buttons (Contacts/Phone Dialer) work as expected?
    When you close the card and then reopen the program, is the spot still the blue guy with the green plus sign?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Right now it scales all photos to 100x100 so if it's larger in dimensions and it's not a square, it'll look squished in horizontal or vertical (depending on which is larger). If the image is smaller than that, then it will look blurry for sure since it scales up.

In the future, I'm thinking of being able to choose a square section of the image to choose from if it's bigger than 100x100 so at least it looks as close to perfect as can be.
    I love this idea and didn't want it to be forgotten. All my images look crummy. NICE APP! THANKS!
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

[Q]When you click on the blue guy to add a new contact and it bring up the Person Picker, does it say "Pick A Contact to Add"? If it's just the regular Contacts app, it won't say that.[/Q]

Nope.

[Q]Does this happen for each of the 9 spots?
    Have you tried choosing different contacts? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling to see if it has the same behavior?
    Do the other buttons (Contacts/Phone Dialer) work as expected?
    When you close the card and then reopen the program, is the spot still the blue guy with the green plus sign?[/Q]

Yes to all.

Thank you for the quick response btw.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Great app! I've already replaced the phone app on my wave launcher. To make it perfect, it needs to offer the option to automatically call a default number. Right now it takes too many taps.
  14. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks k8e!

As of now, the WebOS SDK won't let any app directly dial without the user hitting the dial button on the green screen. I'm assuming that's a security measure since Palm might be worried about apps initiating calls that the person didn't want to make.

uptempo777
    I see. That's cool...I can live with it the way it is. It's nice to have something like that. I wish I knew how to create new apps....but it's still fun downloading what's out there!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks k8e!

uptempo777
    I actually like that it doesn't automatically call people. When I first got the Pre I made so many phone calls by mistake b/c once you hit a number it automatically starts dialing. For example I'm trying to edit a contact but forgot to hit the edit button. So I click on the number trying to change it but instead it makes a call.
    This is the only app that has to go on the Quick Pick and replaces the Phone Dialer icon. Everyone will want this app... great job! Some of the best apps on the Pre are homebrew. I look forward to the improvements that have been suggested above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint_Sux View Post

Going back to the Instinct? HAHAHA.

I had that phone for 2 weeks before I returned it and went back to the Curve. HORRIBLE POS.

Visual Voicemail was and is the only advantage that phone has over any other phone in the Sprint lineup. It's just not a dealbreaker to use that phone over a Pre or Blackberry.
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by jnk5y View Post
    I actually like that it doesn't automatically call people. When I first got the Pre I made so many phone calls by mistake b/c once you hit a number it automatically starts dialing. For example I'm trying to edit a contact but forgot to hit the edit button. So I click on the number trying to change it but instead it makes a call.
    Actually if I am able to get Quick Contacts to auto-dial, I'd make it as a preference so you can set it on a per-contact/per-program basis. Win-win.

uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/14/2009 at 05:37 PM.
    Love it! Simple, elegant, and it works!
  20.    #160  
    Morning (or Good Afternoon to the east coasters)! For those of you looking for a new version, I just uploaded v0.8.0. This now includes (drum roll...) the Preferred Number feature so you can tap on a contact's image and go straight to the dial screen.

DONATE $5 - FREE FOR LIFE
    Also, for everyone that donates at least $5 during this beta stage before it hits the App Catalog, I'll give you FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE (even after it gets on the App Catalog)! (I'm realizing how much time this is taking up). So if you feel it's useful and donate $5, you'll never be charged for Quick Contacts.

New for Version 0.8.0 [8/15/2009]
    ---------------------------------
    - Added ability to save Preferred Number for each contact
    - Moved Contacts button to bottom-left corner
    - Moved Replace/Resync and Delete Contact buttons to bottom-center and replaced with icons
    - Removed back button from contact detail screen
    - Updated Icon to transparent background (only visible if Quick Contacts is uninstalled/reinstalled or a brand new install)
    - Fixed issue where Contact Detail would initially show a square when loading

Thanks again for all the feedback!
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/15/2009 at 12:22 PM.
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast