Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by isosunrise View Post
    OK, I think I figured it out. It is not because of when it was added, but how it was added. Photos added via "Photos" app works fine in Quick Contacts, but photos added via "Contacts" app do not show up correctly in Quick Contacts.
    Interesting, let me see if I can take a look at that.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    These new updates have made it a use-able app for me. It would be nice if you could put another button on the bottom that would link to contacts.

Also, if you could make it so you don't have to push dial when you tap someones number, that would be epic!

PS: sorry if I repeated what anyone else said. I am lazy and didn't feel like reading through everything. Cheers!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Awesome update. This app rocks!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I would love to see a version for SMS. Tap on a contact and it would select the mobile phone marked as "mobile" in your contacts and take you right to the screen. Or just assign a number to a contact for SMS.

Or, being able to specify a button to be for a quickdial or quicksms. That would be a huge timesaver.
    FREAKIN AWESOME APP!! I needed this a lot, the standard phone app is annoying to go through every time.

I think making the callers able to reorder like, reordering ur apps in the launcher would be cool.
    Maybe having the option of thumbnails or names listed would b another cool option.

GOOG JOB!
    This app is great. The last update was bomb with the addition of the dialer link. I think the biggest improvement that can be made would be to make the app load quicker upon opening (preferably as quick as the dialer). I know nothing about programming so I have noidea how hard that would be. I have already replaced my dialer in the quick launch with this app, but if it was a little faster loading I would feel even better about doing so! Thanks for all your hard work uptempo.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    This is a killer app. I like the graphic changes you made to the 0.7.7 version.

I would also like to set a default number and have it dial that number when tapping the image. Having to click dial in the dialer is a good safety valve as it prevents accidental calls.

The ability to reorder the images would be nice.

A contacts button would free up a spot on the quick launcher, though I like the large button at the bottom.

Because it's hard to tap a small button, instead of the image being multi-function, maybe a toggle button that allows you to select between Software and Hardware like at the top of the More Info page of the Device Information application for toggling between Dialing and SMS. Of course that would require a default SMS # like the default dialer number I hope you'll add.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I currently have my "favorite contacts" in the center launch screen, I tap their pic and get a choice of phone or sms. I tap the phone # and it automatically dials. I tap the sms and the txt msg screen comes up. Problem is it takes up one of the launch screens and I really don't want to add screens. When this has the utility I already have and allows me to recapture launcher real estate, I am a buyer. Good work so far.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Thank you so much I was looking for something exactly like this. My girl is pregnant this is perfect for my "go time list" when she pops. Thank you very much
    this is a great app. I like the dialer button inclusion. I would also like to see a call history button. I read on a post above asking for contacts button but you can just use universal search to find a contact? I know you can access the call history from the OEM dialer but it requires the time to load the dialer up.

Thanks for the great program and I cant wait to see future updates/progress on it!
    Great start to your app. Any chance this is going to develop into a full blown phone app? It kind of reminds me of dialbyphoto (may have changed its name) on palm os. you could have the photos on one page, swipe right to a dialer, swipe again to call history, swipe again to contacts, and swipe again back to photos.

I paid $10 for a replacement dialer on my centro (takephone) and it completely transformed my phone.

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress.
    Give me the ability to text....

Messaging €“ webOSdev €“ Palm

I have yet to get it to work on the photodialer I initially made but I am still trying to learn javascript
  13.    #133  
    Hey everyone, I put up a minor version change just now. Nothing too drastic but added a few buttons based on some earlier suggestions.

Still working on getting a preferred number in there. That's proving to be a little more complex but working on it.

Version 0.7.8 [8/13/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Cleaned up ipk so smaller footprint and filesize
    - Added Contacts button to get to main contacts app
    - Replace Phone Dialer button text with Phone Dialer icon
    - Added Back Arrow button to go back to Main Contacts screen

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, I like the button changes....looks much cleaner.
    Is it possible to have more contacts and be able scroll down/up?
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Thanks for the update, I like the button changes....looks much cleaner.
    Is it possible to have more contacts and be able scroll down/up?
    Working on those for a future release.
    Do I have to delete the old version, and then download the new one or do I just download the new one to my phone?
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Do I have to delete the old version, and then download the new one or do I just download the new one to my phone?
    You don't need to delete the old version. Just download the new one and it will re-install.

In fact, if you delete, you'll lose any existing contacts you assigned. By just re-installing, those contacts you assigned in Quick Contacts will stay intact.

uptempo777
    Thanks for the quick response.

This app is something the phone should have come with. Keep up the good work.

One suggestion: Option to text your quick contact.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This is a great app. Thank you very much for all the hard work you've put into this
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Hey everyone, I put up a minor version change just now. Nothing too drastic but added a few buttons based on some earlier suggestions.

Still working on getting a preferred number in there. That's proving to be a little more complex but working on it.

Version 0.7.8 [8/13/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Cleaned up ipk so smaller footprint and filesize
    - Added Contacts button to get to main contacts app
    - Replace Phone Dialer button text with Phone Dialer icon
    - Added Back Arrow button to go back to Main Contacts screen

uptempo777
    I love it! Great app!
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast