Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1340
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I tried it at first and was getting the same error but I just tried it again and it looks like it's working now. I'm assuming it was a temporary glitch in the catalog so give it another shot.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Nope..still not working for me. I will tweet palm and see if they know whats going on
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Seems to be working now...how odd
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    stupid question: does it use data when first launched? if so, why?
    Any progress on getting photos to auto update when people change them?
  5.    #1325  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Any progress on getting photos to auto update when people change them?
    No, Palm has only allowed certain partners the ability to sync automatically and hasn't made that feature available yet to all the other developers. I'm working on other ways to make it happen so we'll see.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    uptempo777 - Any update of the possibility of getting group texting in QC? This would be such a cool feature.

Another suggestion - when you have a contact's dial preference set to 'prompt' would it be possible to choose the order of the numbers that show up (ie move a mobile number to the top of the list or a work number to the bottom of the list etc)?

Thanks!
    Uptempo, I've had the weirdest problem lately. I can't rearrange my contacts anymore from the list view. Every time I rearrange a contact (and I've tried various different contacts) from list view, they will move but when I go back to grid view, the rearrangement doesn't appear. It is back to the original order. I've tried deleting the app completely and redownloading it and the same thing occurs. Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Last month I did do a full erase and a Webdr and I'm currently at 1.4.1.1. Is there a folder that maybe I shouldn't have carried over when I pulled everything from my USB side before I did the full erase (I did carry over the quick contacts folder and placed back in my USB partition after full erase and Webdr were complete).

Thanks in advance.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Uptempo --

I am writing a save/restore script for quick contacts and had a quick question.. I see that there is a /quickcontacts folder on my USB drive, and was wondering what data was stored there. Do i need to back up that data in order to successfully restore the data for the app?

thanks
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Any updates Utempo? I'm still having that my issue from post#1328. What's more interesting is that I installed Quick Contacts Lite and I am able to rearrange my contacts with the Lite app, just not the free one?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Has anyone else noticed that the paid version seems to load slower, than the free one.
    Paid takes anywhere between 6-8 seconds to load, i have a total of 12 quick contacts setup

Free version loads in 3-5 seconds, almost about half of the time.

One other thing I noticed was that in the Free version when I would click on an SMS icon, it would open to the contacts previous SMS thread and put me in the text entry field. On the paid version when you click on a SMS icon, it takes you to a new SMS Text window with the contacts name and leaves you in the top of the contact entry and not in the actual text entry.

I was wondering if the full version is taking longer to load since you can now have 45 contacts vs the 9 on the free one. If this is the case , would it be possible to set the number of pages you want to have load? I only use 12 and would only need it to load 2 pages and not the other 3 pages.

Would it also be possible to have an option that sets where the SMS link takes you, either to the existing SMS thread or to a new window?
    I need a little help. I cracked my screen and bought a used PRE to get me through to the next device.

1) My new device does not show the paid version. I paid the $5 early on.

2) is there a way to move over all the contact info via USB or internalz? Or do I have to recreate it all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    I need a little help. I cracked my screen and bought a used PRE to get me through to the next device.

1) My new device does not show the paid version. I paid the $5 early on.

2) is there a way to move over all the contact info via USB or internalz? Or do I have to recreate it all.

Thanks
    1) If you paid the $5 donation, you need to download the Homebrew version and email the developer to have him add your Device ID to the list of paid devices

2) do you use the homebrew Save/restore app? I have added a script for the homebrew Quick Contacts app that you can use to transfer over.

Like any of my work:
    Is Uptempo still around?
    Unfortunately, I have emailed support, posted reviews, and posted here and not heard a thing from him/her. Looks like it was a cut and run deal once they got some $$....Its too bad that those who paid for an app end up getting no new features, support or anything int he future, its a risk you take.....lesson learned...
    It seems like most the dialers that use the contact picker don't work under webOS 2.1? Anyone having success? I have switched to InContact while waiting for an update. SuperContacts mentions in their app catalog listing that they are working on a fix. I like Quick Contacts the best? Anyone know if update is being working on? The developers website is down. I will try to PM the OP here and see if I hear anything.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Same for me, QC is not picking contacts anymore. I'm on a Pre+ with 2.1 doctor
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I was told something in the Contacts API changed, but I don't know what. Hopefully the Devs will be able to get updates out.

That said, the updates will probably be tagged to 2.X and not 1.4.5 so those of us running doctored +/- Pres that are masked back to 1.4.5 (for Sprint anyway) may have trouble getting the updates for now.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    Same for me, QC is not picking contacts anymore. I'm on a Pre+ with 2.1 doctor
    Same here. Anyone have any luck contacting the dev? This sucks cuz I really liked this app.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    It seems like most the dialers that use the contact picker don't work under webOS 2.1? Anyone having success? I have switched to InContact while waiting for an update. SuperContacts mentions in their app catalog listing that they are working on a fix. I like Quick Contacts the best? Anyone know if update is being working on? The developers website is down. I will try to PM the OP here and see if I hear anything.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    The Contacts API changed. Pronto Dial works with 2.x
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Any word on whether this will be updated to work in 2.1?