Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165661626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1340
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone has asked this yet (I tried searching the thread and couldn't find anything)...what about 'group texting' in QC? Is this feature planned/possible? Each contact could be added to a group (or groups) and then there could be a dedicated 'group text' button where you would choose which group you wanted to text. This would be a great feature...
    there is an app - super contacts - that does just that - group text/ email. i use it and it's pretty good. however, it is a separate app and not integrated with qc
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    there is an app - super contacts - that does just that - group text/ email. i use it and it's pretty good. however, it is a separate app and not integrated with qc
    Yes - I have downloaded that app. It's because of this feature that I have switched from QC to super contacts. But I'd like to switch back to QC and would do so if this feature was available in QC.
    yeah - i agree - it would make for a good feature for sure for qc - have you emailed the developer? he's really responsive
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    yeah - i agree - it would make for a good feature for sure for qc - have you emailed the developer? he's really responsive
    Yes I did...hopefully this is something that we can get into QC!
    I saw that Quick Contacts was updated in the App Catalog today. Will there be an updated homebrew version soon?
  7.    #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I saw that Quick Contacts was updated in the App Catalog today. Will there be an updated homebrew version soon?
    Yes I'll be pushing up a homebrew version hopefully today as well.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Great, thanks!!!

What are the new features?
  9.    #1309  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Great, thanks!!!

What are the new features?
    In a nuthsell, fixed the Unknown SMS bug that's been occurring intermittently. Also, included international language translations in Spanish, German, French and Italian for those with international Pre/Pixis.
  10.    #1310  
    Quick Contacts v1.0.7 Now Available!

This version fixes the Unknown SMS bug from previous versions and also includes full Help documentation in Spanish, German, French and Italian.
    Any luck getting the pictures to auto update like Photo Dialer does?
  12.    #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Any luck getting the pictures to auto update like Photo Dialer does?
    Not yet as part of this release.
    If I do not have the unknown sms bug, is it worth upgrading still?
    I may be in the minority here, but I would take the occasional Unknown SMS bug any day over how text are now brought up on QC. The fact that it just brings up a new text addressed to your contact made Super Contacts unusable to me, as opposed to bringing up the actual text conversation; which made QC leagues above the rest to me.

Sending a new text message without being able to see the last couple of messages viewed really puts a snag if the flow of text conversation.
    +1

I'm not a big fan of the way QC now handles sms but I did notice that after you send the message with only the one contact it will take you to to previous conversaiton and add your current message to it so I guess I can live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwarrenii View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I would take the occasional Unknown SMS bug any day over how text are now brought up on QC. The fact that it just brings up a new text addressed to your contact made Super Contacts unusable to me, as opposed to bringing up the actual text conversation; which made QC leagues above the rest to me.

Sending a new text message without being able to see the last couple of messages viewed really puts a snag if the flow of text conversation.
    I completely agree. I really liked the way Quick Contacts handled text messages compared to all the other apps out there. Being able to see the past conversation before typing your message was great. I asked the developer about it in an email and he informed me that in order to resolve the "Unknown Contact" bug, he had to make that change. He was open to changing it back to the old way if Palm fixes the bug in the future, so hopefully that will happen!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    One issue. I don't mind not seeing the conversation when sending an sms, but the cursor starts in the "to" field not in the message field. As soon as I select the person I am texting in QC I want to start typing the messge, not add another contact. Can this be modified?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    One issue. I don't mind not seeing the conversation when sending an sms, but the cursor starts in the "to" field not in the message field. As soon as I select the person I am texting in QC I want to start typing the messge, not add another contact. Can this be modified?
    From what I understand, this is not possible unless he changes it back to the previous way of sending an SMS. However, by doing that, people will start getting the "Unknown Contact" message again. Until Palm is able to fix that, we are going to have to deal with the current implementation.
    Uptempo777 --

Is Quick Contacts no longer in the official App Catalog? I couldn't find it on my device's App Catalog, and when I went to the page from Precentral ( http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...quick-contacts ) and clicked the Download now - webOS Link:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ckcontactslive I get an error that this is not a valid webOS Application.. I have a friend who really wants this App but I can't seem to find a way for him to get this! HELP!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  20.    #1320  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Uptempo777 --

Is Quick Contacts no longer in the official App Catalog? I couldn't find it on my device's App Catalog, and when I went to the page from Precentral ( http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...quick-contacts ) and clicked the Download now - webOS Link:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ckcontactslive I get an error that this is not a valid webOS Application.. I have a friend who really wants this App but I can't seem to find a way for him to get this! HELP!
    I tried it at first and was getting the same error but I just tried it again and it looks like it's working now. I'm assuming it was a temporary glitch in the catalog so give it another shot.

Thanks,
    uptempo777