Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1340
  1. #1281  
    mine does this with some facebook profile photos as well rather than fitting them in the square, i only get a partial image in the center
  2. #1282  
    Same photo issue with me too. It just randomly seems to select a part of the photo and use it for the Quick Contact....
  3. dvdmax's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #1283  
    I have made the photo fit into a 100x100 square. I get similar results. I also cropped her head and put it into a 100x100. I get her ear.. LOL

    Thanks for the reply!


    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    The square size is approx. 100x100 but should get the full picture if you keep it a square. Since the picture you received is a rectangle, Quick Contacts assumes her face is in the middle of the picture which is most likely why you are seeing her neck. If you want to make it more tailor-made, your best bet would be to crop it yourself first and then associate that picture with her.

    I'll see if I can come up with a better solution in the future.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  4. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #1284  
    I am looking for a convenient way to make google voice calls using QC's system but without having to add an entry for each person and without using the address book. Basically, I would like to be able to select a QC entry (that has the GV number, pin, and pause saved) and then given an opportunity to enter a number or paste a number to finish making the call. Is this possible? Is there a way to approximate this? TIA
  5.    #1285  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    I have made the photo fit into a 100x100 square. I get similar results. I also cropped her head and put it into a 100x100. I get her ear.. LOL

    Thanks for the reply!
    If you could send me that image (or an image that gives you similar results) so I can try it out on my end that would be helpful. Send it to my email at mfethelp@yahoo.com.

    Thanks!
    uptempo777
  6.    #1286  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I am looking for a convenient way to make google voice calls using QC's system but without having to add an entry for each person and without using the address book. Basically, I would like to be able to select a QC entry (that has the GV number, pin, and pause saved) and then given an opportunity to enter a number or paste a number to finish making the call. Is this possible? Is there a way to approximate this? TIA
    Yes that's available in Quick Contacts (not the Lite version though). Go to the contact details for each contact that you would like to use with Google Voice. On the top left menu, there's a feature called Dialing Options which will let you add in your GV number, PIN, pause, etc.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  7. #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Yes that's available in Quick Contacts (not the Lite version though). Go to the contact details for each contact that you would like to use with Google Voice. On the top left menu, there's a feature called Dialing Options which will let you add in your GV number, PIN, pause, etc.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    I did not even notice that, thanks.
  8. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #1288  
    Yes that's available in Quick Contacts (not the Lite version though). Go to the contact details for each contact that you would like to use with Google Voice. On the top left menu, there's a feature called Dialing Options which will let you add in your GV number, PIN, pause, etc.
    If I'm understanding that function correctly, any contact I have in QC can be called through GV by using the Dialing Options option. But, it requires a QC entry to be present. I think I want something different. Imagine this: I want to call Jim, a business contact who's number I have, using google voice. I don't have his number in my contacts, and I'd call him so infrequently I don't plan to add him. I pull up QC, select my Google Voice number, which automatically populates the dialing area of the phone (because it has stored my GV number and pin) and waits for me to enter the number or paste the number in. I then place my call.

    UPDATE: Alternatively, I wonder if you could have a dummy entry in QC that you open and paste/enter a number each time. Then you could use the Dialing Options option as you have already in place....
    Last edited by dump71; 03/08/2010 at 02:45 PM.
  9.    #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    If I'm understanding that function correctly, any contact I have in QC can be called through GV by using the Dialing Options option. But, it requires a QC entry to be present. I think I want something different. Imagine this: I want to call Jim, a business contact who's number I have, using google voice. I don't have his number in my contacts, and I'd call him so infrequently I don't plan to add him. I pull up QC, select my Google Voice number, which automatically populates the dialing area of the phone (because it has stored my GV number and pin) and waits for me to enter the number or paste the number in. I then place my call.

    UPDATE: Alternatively, I wonder if you could have a dummy entry in QC that you open and paste/enter a number each time. Then you could use the Dialing Options option as you have already in place....
    I see what you are saying. The functionality you are asking about does not exist in Quick Contacts since it is designed to be a faster way to call contacts that are in your address book. Since the contacts you are talking about do not exist in your address book or you don't want to add them as a quick contact, then you'd have to find another way to do it.

    Although if you can think of a good way to make it work that I'm not thinking about, I'm open.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  10. #1290  
    What about adding another button to the bottom tray that is for Google Voice (you can make it an option to be visible/invisble as a toggle under preferences) so that your GV # is already entered, and all you have to do is enter the phone number you want dialed or select contact?

    Hopefully that made sense.
  11. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #1291  
    skidmark, great idea!
  12. #1292  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but how about in between the contacts tab and the dailer tab if you put a voicemail tab. It would be nice to access that with opening the slider or having to tap the dailer and then the voicemail. I know I know... I'm lazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Hmmm it sounds like a good idea for a shortcut. I'll put that as a possibility on my list. Thanks for your input!

    uptempo777
    Was this idea dropped. I would like to see a dedicated icon to dial voicemail in the bottom tray. Would be cool if it also functioned (put the number of voicemails next to it) Or maybe make it a preference to show or not show it in the bottom tray...

    Just a thought.
  13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcwhorter View Post
    Was this idea dropped. I would like to see a dedicated icon to dial voicemail in the bottom tray. Would be cool if it also functioned (put the number of voicemails next to it) Or maybe make it a preference to show or not show it in the bottom tray...

    Just a thought.
    No hasn't been dropped. Have been trying to get other features in. Would love to also put number of voicemails but don't think the API is available for that yet.

    uptempo777
  14. roninj's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #1294  
    uptempo777,

    Great app, and I'm really enjoying it quite a bit these days. However, there is one nagging issue that keeps coming up, and that is that SMS shortcuts always pop up addressed to an Unknown recipient. I have removed the shortcuts and readded them numerous times, but the problem keeps cropping up. Because of this, SMS shortcuts are pretty much useless. Is there any way to fix this? I know that you have addressed this question in the past, but I could not find it within all 65+ pages of past posts. I'm using QC 1.0.3. Thanks!
  15.    #1295  
    Quote Originally Posted by roninj View Post
    uptempo777,

    Great app, and I'm really enjoying it quite a bit these days. However, there is one nagging issue that keeps coming up, and that is that SMS shortcuts always pop up addressed to an Unknown recipient. I have removed the shortcuts and readded them numerous times, but the problem keeps cropping up. Because of this, SMS shortcuts are pretty much useless. Is there any way to fix this? I know that you have addressed this question in the past, but I could not find it within all 65+ pages of past posts. I'm using QC 1.0.3. Thanks!
    I'm trying to work with Palm on getting a workaround so plan to get that up soon along with some other surprises. =)

    uptempo777
  16.    #1296  
    Quote Originally Posted by roninj View Post
    uptempo777,

    Great app, and I'm really enjoying it quite a bit these days. However, there is one nagging issue that keeps coming up, and that is that SMS shortcuts always pop up addressed to an Unknown recipient. I have removed the shortcuts and readded them numerous times, but the problem keeps cropping up. Because of this, SMS shortcuts are pretty much useless. Is there any way to fix this? I know that you have addressed this question in the past, but I could not find it within all 65+ pages of past posts. I'm using QC 1.0.3. Thanks!
    I'm trying to work with Palm on getting a workaround so plan to get that up soon along with some other surprises. =)

    uptempo777
  17. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #1297  
    Last week my phone updated to 1.4 with no problems until today.

    When I woke up, my phone said that I needed to re-connect to my Palm Profile and reboot my phone.

    After I did, QuickContacts, as well as all of my other Homebrew apps, were no longer on my Pre.

    Anyone else have this issue?
    Steve
  18. #1298  
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    Last week my phone updated to 1.4 with no problems until today.

    When I woke up, my phone said that I needed to re-connect to my Palm Profile and reboot my phone.

    After I did, QuickContacts, as well as all of my other Homebrew apps, were no longer on my Pre.

    Anyone else have this issue?
    Sounds like your Pre was restored from Palm's servers. Homebrews are not backed up on the Palm servers. This is normal behavior if your Pre did in fact, get restored from the servers.

    However, paid apps such as QC do get stored in a manner of speaking. Your Pre will begin to download purchased apps from the catalog onto your phone once you've signed back into your profile. I've Doctored my Pre quite a few times in its history (I do lots of beta testing) so I've seen this behavior all too often.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. smkcpa's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #1299  
    Well that would explain why my apps are gone, but I have no clue as to why Palm decided to make me re-link my profile. I hope they are not trying to get rid of homebrew apps!!
    Steve
  20. #1300  
    I don't know if anyone has asked this yet (I tried searching the thread without any luck)... Is there a way to back up the configuration of Quick Contacts so it doesn't have to be set up every time the phone is reset? I only ask because I'm going to be on my 9th Pre and it's one less thing I have to set up again.

    Thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions