Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1340
    how do we download?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    how do we download?
    If it's not yet on Preware you can get it here:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/quick-contacts
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Uptemp, great work! You're support for your app is simply amazing & fast. Great work! New version is working like a charm! Didn't need to uninstall or delete my previous one. Everything remains in working condition just like the previous version. Pics still look great and nice work with increasing the number of contacts supported.

Thanks again!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Just Put Up - Quick Contacts v1.0.3

- Fixes freezing bug caused by WebOS v1.4 when you have at least one contact with no picture
    - Support for 5 pages of contacts for up to 45
    - Other bug fixes

Let me know if this fixes the startup issues!

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Hey Uptempo,
    About how long after the HB version hits, does the APP catalog one go up?
    Charles
  5.    #1265  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    Hey Uptempo,
    About how long after the HB version hits, does the APP catalog one go up?
    Charles
    I usually wait for people here on homebrew to help test it to make sure no other issues are found. If everything works pretty well, I submit it to Palm and they usually get it within the week. If there's a major issue like the one that happened today, they might be able to make it faster (they have been able to get it up in a day in the past).

uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    If it's not yet on Preware you can get it here:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/quick-contacts
    thanks- i haven't downloaded any homebrew, do i need to do anything special?
    Just download the ipk, then install it using WebOS Quickinstall
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Just Put Up - Quick Contacts v1.0.3

- Fixes freezing bug caused by WebOS v1.4 when you have at least one contact with no picture
    - Support for 5 pages of contacts for up to 45
    - Other bug fixes

Let me know if this fixes the startup issues!

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Thank you for the quick turn around time.

To those of you installing via Filecaoster you can cut/paste the url, and it will install via download.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    For those of us who have purchased from the app catalog, I gather that we must wait until the app catalog version is live to update? I downloaded the HB version but it did a separate install, left my paid version intact.

I guess I can wait until Palm has the update available, but I realize now how much I depended on QC.

Thanks for the quick fix!
  10.    #1270  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    For those of us who have purchased from the app catalog, I gather that we must wait until the app catalog version is live to update? I downloaded the HB version but it did a separate install, left my paid version intact.

I guess I can wait until Palm has the update available, but I realize now how much I depended on QC.

Thanks for the quick fix!
    Yes, if you purchased from the App Catalog, then you do have to wait for them to put it live. I've submitted the update for Quick Contacts and Quick Contacts Lite to the App Catalog. Once they approve it, you should be good to go.
    it's up in the catalogue!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    All is well again!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    it's up in the catalogue!
    I'm getting it from the catalog, and it goes through the update routine, but it doesn't actually update - still have 1.0.2

Any suggestions?
    don't know... mine updated. the developer is really responsive - have you tried emailing him??
  15.    #1275  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryank9 View Post
    I'm getting it from the catalog, and it goes through the update routine, but it doesn't actually update - still have 1.0.2

Any suggestions?
    The App Catalog is taking a while for some people to show the new updates. My friend's Pre doesn't have it yet either. Just hold tight and it will be there today.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    don't know... mine updated. the developer is really responsive - have you tried emailing him??
    Restarted the phone and with Nodoze started, launched Update, installed the update and all is good now. Thx.
    For some reason when i change the order of contacts in the list mode, then switch back to grid mode (or even restart the app), the order of contacts reverts back to the original and doesn't save the new order?
  18.    #1278  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwarrenii View Post
    For some reason when i change the order of contacts in the list mode, then switch back to grid mode (or even restart the app), the order of contacts reverts back to the original and doesn't save the new order?
    Looks like a bug I need to fix. I'll get that incorporated to the next version.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Assuming I know what I am doing, version 1.04 does not display photos correctly. My niece text me her photo for my phone directory that is in portrait mode 123x292 pixels. 10.8KB jpg. When I select it for use in the Pre phone directory, it allows me to center it on her face, but when QC displays it, all I see is a zoom in on her neck. Ideas?
    Last edited by dvdmax; 03/04/2010 at 04:45 PM.
  20.    #1280  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Assuming I know what I am doing, version 1.04 does not display photos correctly. My niece text me her photo for my phone directory that is in portrait mode 123x292 pixels. 10.8KB jpg. When I select it for use in the Pre phone directory, it allows me to center it on her face, but when QC displays it, all I see is a zoom in on her neck. Ideas?
    The square size is approx. 100x100 but should get the full picture if you keep it a square. Since the picture you received is a rectangle, Quick Contacts assumes her face is in the middle of the picture which is most likely why you are seeing her neck. If you want to make it more tailor-made, your best bet would be to crop it yourself first and then associate that picture with her.

I'll see if I can come up with a better solution in the future.

Thanks,
    uptempo777