Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1340
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    The latest version for Quick Contacts in the App Catalog is v0.9.26. The latest version for Quick Contacts on homebrew is v0.9.35.

Homebrew is where I test out the latest version with the newest features and bug fixes. When it looks like it's stable and reliable I submit it to be approved by Palm for the App Catalog. Once they approve it, then it goes in the App Catalog for purchase (or free update if you've already purchased it).

So, in general, homebrew updates will be ahead of the App Catalog.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you.
    I noticed version 1.0 is available in the App Catalog. This is newer than the latest homebrew version. Will there be an updated homebrew version available soon?
  3.    #1223  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I noticed version 1.0 is available in the App Catalog. This is newer than the latest homebrew version. Will there be an updated homebrew version available soon?
    1.0.0 is actually the same as 0.9.35. I'm looking at putting an updated version on homebrew soon though with new features so keep your eye out.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    uptempo,

Is there a bug in quickcontacts where contact pictures get compressed vertically when displayed in quickcontacts? I took pictures of two people, added them as contact pics from the native photo app, then added them to quickcontacts. Both of those pics look compressed in quickcontacts. Also, in both pictures I had to use the crop field around while assigning the contact pictures to get the face centered properly. Is maybe that the culprit?

Either way, it kinda sucks seeing how both of those pics are slightly wonky now in quickcontacts.

Thanks!
  5.    #1225  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    uptempo,

Is there a bug in quickcontacts where contact pictures get compressed vertically when displayed in quickcontacts? I took pictures of two people, added them as contact pics from the native photo app, then added them to quickcontacts. Both of those pics look compressed in quickcontacts. Also, in both pictures I had to use the crop field around while assigning the contact pictures to get the face centered properly. Is maybe that the culprit?

Either way, it kinda sucks seeing how both of those pics are slightly wonky now in quickcontacts.

Thanks!
    I'm currently working on a fix for it so want to get it out there soon.

uptempo777
    I'm currently working on a fix for it so want to get it out there soon.

uptempo777
    Ok cool....I knew it wasn't me! LOL

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3.14159 View Post
    Sometimes when I select a contact and then select to end a text message, when the Messaging app comes up, the user is set to "Unknown". This has happened on more than one contract.

I'm using version 9.26

** Update **
    I just read posts from early November mentioning that this is a Palm issue.

Yes, this tempers delight in this great app!

Regards, IchWeissNix
    This app is cool and def better then photo dialer. I would like to second (or third) the motion for fixing the photo skewing issue. I don't even like to show people the app because it looks kinda ridiculous. Anyway, I purchased the app and am very happy with it otherwise. thanks for the good work
  9.    #1229  
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    This app is cool and def better then photo dialer. I would like to second (or third) the motion for fixing the photo skewing issue. I don't even like to show people the app because it looks kinda ridiculous. Anyway, I purchased the app and am very happy with it otherwise. thanks for the good work
    Pretty much got it fixed. Just testing it out and I'll put up a new version in homebrew within the next few days.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  10.    #1230  
    Quick Contacts v1.0.1 is Available on Homebrew!

This new version fixes the stretching of photos that occurred with some contacts' pictures. Please give this one a good testing since a lot of you have been asking for this.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    thanks a lot! it works, and all my contact pictures are automagically de-stretched.
    Now it looks really nice to have quickcontacts open all the time.
    :-))
    Quick Contacts v1.0.1 is Available on Homebrew!

This new version fixes the stretching of photos that occurred with some contacts' pictures. Please give this one a good testing since a lot of you have been asking for this.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    looks good so far!
    I've gone through various things with the new version and it seems to have fixed the morphing issue. Great work Uptempo! This is really such a great app!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    First of all I really like this app. I think it was the first one I installed and it really organizes frequent contacts beautifully. Here's my question:

I bought the version on the App Catalog that recently updated to 1.0.0. Can I permanently install this new version 1.0.1 over the paid version or will it be limited to 14 days use? I guess I am still trying to process the subtleties between Preware and the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Pictures looks great now, thanks. My only issue remains that for some reason, list view scrolling lags horribly.
  16.    #1236  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    First of all I really like this app. I think it was the first one I installed and it really organizes frequent contacts beautifully. Here's my question:

I bought the version on the App Catalog that recently updated to 1.0.0. Can I permanently install this new version 1.0.1 over the paid version or will it be limited to 14 days use? I guess I am still trying to process the subtleties between Preware and the App Catalog.
    The version in the App Catalog (v1.0.0) and the version in homebrew (v1.0.1) have different app IDs so installing both will give you 2 apps so you can't install one over the other.

Once enough testing is done on this version in homebrew, I'll submit it to Palm to put up on the App Catalog and you'll be able to update it. It will have a different version number (most likely v1.0.2) but will be the same as the version here.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  17.    #1237  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Pictures looks great now, thanks. My only issue remains that for some reason, list view scrolling lags horribly.
    I've seen strange occurrences of things like that where the list scrolling will lag and then at other times, it works just fine. Not exactly sure if it's a memory leak or something else. Anyone else having those issues?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    The version in the App Catalog (v1.0.0) and the version in homebrew (v1.0.1) have different app IDs so installing both will give you 2 apps so you can't install one over the other.

Once enough testing is done on this version in homebrew, I'll submit it to Palm to put up on the App Catalog and you'll be able to update it. It will have a different version number (most likely v1.0.2) but will be the same as the version here.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Now that I read more carefully, I see that you've answered this question about a dozen times. Sorry to pile on, but thanks for the clarification. I look forward to seeing the update in the Apps Catalog.
    Hmmm... I can't second that. My pics are still blurred in comparison to the ones that I have in the Palm contact app.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjunik View Post
    Hmmm... I can't second that. My pics are still blurred in comparison to the ones that I have in the Palm contact app.
    I have found that if you reload the pic in contacts then relink the contact in qc it makes it better, although still distorted in the older versions of qc