Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1340
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    After doctoring your Pre, get Quick Contacts through homebrew the original way you got it (PreWare, WebOSQuickInstall, Filecoaster, etc.). It should still work for you since you haven't changed your device.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Ok, Thanks! I will hold off on re installing homebrew and everything for a few days. I am trying to troubleshoot something with my touchstone and the pre freezing in the morning when I take it off.

I dont think it has anything to do with your app. I am wondering if it is any patch or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    SSH into your Pre (search the forums if you need info on how), gain root privileges, then:

Code:
    cd /var/usr/palm/applications/com.quickcontacts/
    cp icon.png icon.png.bak
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/icon.png .
    initctl stop LunaSysMgr
    initctl start LunaSysMgr
    Don't miss the period at the end of the 3rd line.

That'll do it for you... I actually do this for myself as well (same Original Blue theme too, heh).

Edit: As a side note, you will have to do this again anytime you update Quick Contacts.
    Hello,

I have just installed the latest version of Quickcontacts and now when I try to copy the icon to the location you indicated above, I cannot find the QuickContacts directory. Has it moved?
  3.    #1203  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvtonder View Post
    Hello,

I have just installed the latest version of Quickcontacts and now when I try to copy the icon to the location you indicated above, I cannot find the QuickContacts directory. Has it moved?
    Since WebOS v1.3.5, they moved all apps to an encrypted area of the phone so it's no longer in /var/usr/palm/applications/com.quickcontacts/. I'm not sure on the exact location of where it is now.

uptempo777
    one question - will it work will all contacts including ones from facebook?
  5.    #1205  
    Quote Originally Posted by freefire4629 View Post
    one question - will it work will all contacts including ones from facebook?
    You can choose whatever contacts you have on your phone so if some of those contacts are from Facebook, they will be available to use in Quick Contacts.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have the updated OS 1.3.5 and tried to update my Photo Dial. It has failed everytime. Used Quick Contacts before and decided to download it from the app catalog. That failed too.

Anyone have any ideas who to fix? I cannot get the failed download icons from Photo Dial or Quick Contacts to delete at all.

Suggestions Palm users??
  7.    #1207  
    Quote Originally Posted by paisley26 View Post
    I have the updated OS 1.3.5 and tried to update my Photo Dial. It has failed everytime. Used Quick Contacts before and decided to download it from the app catalog. That failed too.

Anyone have any ideas who to fix? I cannot get the failed download icons from Photo Dial or Quick Contacts to delete at all.

Suggestions Palm users??
    The normal way to delete is by going into the Launcher, holding the Orange button and then tapping on the app that you want to delete. That doesn't work for you?

A lot of people who have had trouble downloading the apps after the WebOS 1.3.5 update had problems becuase they had installed tweaks from homebrew. Try uninstalling the tweaks before downloading from the App Catalog.

Otherwise, you might want to try Web Doctoring your phone and then trying to get things from the App Catalog. Most of your stuff should be saved (apps you've bought and contacts) on your Palm Profile.

Give it a try.

uptempo777
  8.    #1208  
    Quick Contacts v0.9.33 now available!

This new version lets you select multiple Preferred numbers/email addresses since a lot of people were saying the Prompt option isn't too useful when the contact had too many items.

Thanks,
    uptempo777

This new version lets you select multiple Preferred numbers/email addresses since a lot of people were saying the Prompt option isn't too useful when the contact had too many items.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Awesome Uptempo, thanks! Any luck with the photos morphing issue?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  10.    #1210  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Awesome Uptempo, thanks! Any luck with the photos morphing issue?
    Found a few possibilities but not ready for testing yet. I'll post that up when it's ready.

Thanks,
    uptempo777

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Heads up from everyone, after downloading I needed to do a restart. So before you start freaking out restart your phone after install.

@uptempo777 - thanks for the update. this is exactly what I needed.
    this update rocks!!!! Great improvement!

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Excellent update. This has made me switch back to Quick Contacts from Photo Dialer because it's just as quick to SMS someone now. One question though... is it possible to change the order of numbers in the prompt list? I have a contact with a mobile number and a home number. I would like it to list in this order:

1. Call mobile
    2. SMS mobile
    3. Call home

As it is, it lists it as 1, 3, 2. It would be great if I could change that. Thanks!
  14.    #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Excellent update. This has made me switch back to Quick Contacts from Photo Dialer because it's just as quick to SMS someone now. One question though... is it possible to change the order of numbers in the prompt list? I have a contact with a mobile number and a home number. I would like it to list in this order:

1. Call mobile
    2. SMS mobile
    3. Call home

As it is, it lists it as 1, 3, 2. It would be great if I could change that. Thanks!
    Good idea. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    I noticed a small glitch AFTER editing a contact. I wanted to update Contacts to change an email from home to work, and when i went back to Quick contacts, all of the old contacts preferred numbers were still showing, with no way to deselect them...Any ideas? v0.9.33. I have Deleted and re-synced the contact but it will not reflect changes. I can add the new details to the preferred dialing, but still can't delete old details. Next step I guess is to reinstall QC.
  16.    #1216  
    Quote Originally Posted by acet3chnician View Post
    I noticed a small glitch AFTER editing a contact. I wanted to update Contacts to change an email from home to work, and when i went back to Quick contacts, all of the old contacts preferred numbers were still showing, with no way to deselect them...Any ideas? v0.9.33. I have Deleted and re-synced the contact but it will not reflect changes. I can add the new details to the preferred dialing, but still can't delete old details. Next step I guess is to reinstall QC.
    That's strange. Just tried that and wasn't able to replicate it. Have you tried it with other contacts and got the same results?

If you reinstall and it works or doesn't, let me know.

Thanks,
    uptempo777

EDIT: Ok I think I was able to replicate the bug. For now, you can work around that by deleting the Quick Contact and then re-adding them. I'll try to push up an update to fix that shortly.
    Last edited by uptempo777; 01/26/2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Found Bug
    That's strange. Just tried that and wasn't able to replicate it. Have you tried it with other contacts and got the same results?

If you reinstall and it works or doesn't, let me know.

Thanks,
    uptempo777

EDIT: Ok I think I was able to replicate the bug. For now, you can work around that by deleting the Quick Contact and then re-adding them. I'll try to push up an update to fix that shortly.
    Exactly what i did, works fine now. I think Palms Contacts app is a bit buggy. QC won't even let me use my own contact pics over the Facebook ones. But otherwise QC does what i need it to do. Thanks for the great app uptempo.
  18.    #1218  
    Quick Contacts v0.9.35 Now Available!

This version fixes the bug where deleted items did not delete from the Preferred phone numbers/email addresses. Also fixed some scrolling issues with the Pre and Pixi.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Okay, if I've been foolish or I'm missing something, I apologize.

I have this App and think it's great. I am not sure, but I believe I paid for it via the App Catalog.

I see it's in Preware, too, but I think I got it from the App Catalog.

Now I see reference to updates but no update options on my Pre. My version is 0.9.26

Did I buy/download this originally from the wrong place? How do I get this updated and when...?

Thanks.
  20.    #1220  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelp68 View Post
    Okay, if I've been foolish or I'm missing something, I apologize.

I have this App and think it's great. I am not sure, but I believe I paid for it via the App Catalog.

I see it's in Preware, too, but I think I got it from the App Catalog.

Now I see reference to updates but no update options on my Pre. My version is 0.9.26

Did I buy/download this originally from the wrong place? How do I get this updated and when...?

Thanks.
    The latest version for Quick Contacts in the App Catalog is v0.9.26. The latest version for Quick Contacts on homebrew is v0.9.35.

Homebrew is where I test out the latest version with the newest features and bug fixes. When it looks like it's stable and reliable I submit it to be approved by Palm for the App Catalog. Once they approve it, then it goes in the App Catalog for purchase (or free update if you've already purchased it).

So, in general, homebrew updates will be ahead of the App Catalog.

Thanks,
    uptempo777