Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1340
    Hi. I installed the Lite version of Quick Contacts (nice) and no pictures. Updated app today (I think) and still no pics. Am I missing something?
  2.    #1182  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwgreenberg View Post
    Hi. I installed the Lite version of Quick Contacts (nice) and no pictures. Updated app today (I think) and still no pics. Am I missing something?
    It should work if you have version 1.3.5 of WebOS and QC Lite is version 0.9.32. Try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that works too.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Great program!

I'm having trouble dragging and dropping to move contact buttons to rearrange the order in the grid. It was mentioned in posts #956/957. When I hold my finger on the button, it doesn't highlight as in the main menu launcher screen, instead it goes to that contact screen. Thanks
  4.    #1184  
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkat View Post
    Great program!

I'm having trouble dragging and dropping to move contact buttons to rearrange the order in the grid. It was mentioned in posts #956/957. When I hold my finger on the button, it doesn't highlight as in the main menu launcher screen, instead it goes to that contact screen. Thanks
    Reordering of contacts is not supported in Grid View. It is avaialble when you are in List View. From there you can hold on a contact and move it to another position. Any reordering done in List View will be reflected in Grid View for consistency.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Uptempo, any chance of Palm playing nice with you and help with the morphed pics that sometimes occurs in the app?

Still one of my fav apps! Thanks again!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6.    #1186  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Uptempo, any chance of Palm playing nice with you and help with the morphed pics that sometimes occurs in the app?

Still one of my fav apps! Thanks again!
    Yeah it's an annoying issue that they haven't offered much help with yet.

If you don't mind, can you email me at mfethelp@yahoo.com a screenshot of your the Grid or List View (the one you normally use) so I can get an idea of what you're seeing and how bad it looks on your side?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Utempo, will do!

EDIT: Just sent it.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 01/08/2010 at 01:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I'm actually here looking for help on the squashed picture (morphed? squished? too wide? -- keywords for someone searching the thread like I was) problem. There appear to be a few interrelated issues, maybe? First, if you set the contact picture from within Contacts vs from within the Photo app, the white box to select the shown area is not the same size. That's weird and has nothing to do with Quick Contacts, obviously, it's just strange.

It appears to me tho that QC isn't using the "selected area" from when you pick the picture in Contacts? It's compressing the picture vertically for me, makes everyone look... wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    I'm actually here looking for help on the squashed picture (morphed? squished? too wide? -- keywords for someone searching the thread like I was) problem. There appear to be a few interrelated issues, maybe? First, if you set the contact picture from within Contacts vs from within the Photo app, the white box to select the shown area is not the same size. That's weird and has nothing to do with Quick Contacts, obviously, it's just strange.

It appears to me tho that QC isn't using the "selected area" from when you pick the picture in Contacts? It's compressing the picture vertically for me, makes everyone look... wide.
    That has always been the case since 1.2.1. It caused the pics from the phone app to look distorted/morphed when making a phone call (if you assigned the picture via contacts. If you assigned them via the photo app, the pics would look fine in the phone app).

I had reported that as a bug to Palm back in the 1.2 days. It seems that they did fix the distortion/morphed issue but the size of the box that appears to set the contact didn't change. Weird.
    Any way to get rid of the "loading" screen that comes up before the program opens? Other than that I love this app.
    I received a new device from Sprint. When I loaded the new phone quick contacts did not restore from my palm back up. Can you please send me the link to get rid of the trial period error message? Thank you.
    basiltx@gmail.com
    bpcsatx
    San Antonio, Texas
  12.    #1192  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpcsatx View Post
    I received a new device from Sprint. When I loaded the new phone quick contacts did not restore from my palm back up. Can you please send me the link to get rid of the trial period error message? Thank you.
    basiltx@gmail.com
    Email me your info to mfethelp@yahoo.com and I'll help you get set up.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    First of all: Great App.
    Just one Question left for understanding:
    What happens to my Smartphone, if you switch the Homebrew-Version to the unlimited Version (or how do you switch it)? Itīs just because i am a little bit paranoid.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    i also have distorted pictures in quickcontacts view. they all look right in contacts-application but not in quickcontacts.
    i reported this issue in this thread weeks ago and was told, this issue would be resolved with new webos.
    now i have 1.3.5.2 on my german pre and the pics look still distorted.
    will there be success in resolving this issue?
    Thank you for the great customer service.
    bpcsatx
    San Antonio, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    i also have distorted pictures in quickcontacts view. they all look right in contacts-application but not in quickcontacts.
    i reported this issue in this thread weeks ago and was told, this issue would be resolved with new webos.
    now i have 1.3.5.2 on my german pre and the pics look still distorted.
    will there be success in resolving this issue?
    I don't think Palm has given Utempo any help on this... It's a known bug that still exists.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sometimes when I select a contact and then select to end a text message, when the Messaging app comes up, the user is set to "Unknown". This has happened on more than one contract.

I'm using version 9.26

** Update **
    I just read posts from early November mentioning that this is a Palm issue.
    Last edited by 3.14159; 01/13/2010 at 06:18 PM.
  18.    #1198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runkelnose View Post
    First of all: Great App.
    Just one Question left for understanding:
    What happens to my Smartphone, if you switch the Homebrew-Version to the unlimited Version (or how do you switch it)? Itīs just because i am a little bit paranoid.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "switching". The homebrew version is a trial version that I also do beta testing for new releases. The App Catalog version is the one made available on the Palm App Store.

uptempo777
    uptempo777

I have a question...I am going to Doctor my phone to see if I can fix a problem I am having with my pre. I have paid/donated for your homebrew version of quick contacts that I can download in Preware. This is one that I sent you a device ID so you could activate. That has worked fine.

After doctoring my pre, which version do I download. The one in the preware? or the official Palm App catalog one? If the Palm one would my original device id work?

Thanks
  20.    #1200  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    uptempo777

I have a question...I am going to Doctor my phone to see if I can fix a problem I am having with my pre. I have paid/donated for your homebrew version of quick contacts that I can download in Preware. This is one that I sent you a device ID so you could activate. That has worked fine.

After doctoring my pre, which version do I download. The one in the preware? or the official Palm App catalog one? If the Palm one would my original device id work?

Thanks
    After doctoring your Pre, get Quick Contacts through homebrew the original way you got it (PreWare, WebOSQuickInstall, Filecoaster, etc.). It should still work for you since you haven't changed your device.

Thanks,
    uptempo777