Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
    Great App! Really enjoy it. I was looking for something like this.
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    Thank you for your work, would it be possible to add more contacts instead of just 9 maybe 15. Great job
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Great App. Two things that I would find useful.

1. Add ability to send SMS.
    2. Add a link to the main contacts app. I've replaced the contacts in the main bar with this app. It would be nice to be able to quickly get to my other contacts.

Keep up the good work!
    Great job, loving the app so far. I noticed a bug. All of my contacts have two photos (one for facebook, and a default for google contacts). My google contact is default for these, so I see the google contact photo only. The weird thing is for one of my contacts only, I get he facebook photo instead of the google contact photo. The other eight does not have this problem. Do not know why.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by isosunrise View Post
    Great job, loving the app so far. I noticed a bug. All of my contacts have two photos (one for facebook, and a default for google contacts). My google contact is default for these, so I see the google contact photo only. The weird thing is for one of my contacts only, I get he facebook photo instead of the google contact photo. The other eight does not have this problem. Do not know why.
    Thanks!

Do you know if the google contact photo was recently added? You might need to Replace/Resync that contact. One of the drawbacks of the current SDK is that it won't let any apps (such as Quick contacts) access any newly updated information that was created in another app (Palm's Contacts).

Otherwise, let me experiment this more with my contacts and see if I can duplicate the issue.

uptempo777
    I don't know if I did something wrong but when I open the program and click to add a contact, nothing is showing up.....still shows the add icon. Any ideas??
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siogeek View Post
    Add a link to the main contacts app. I've replaced the contacts in the main bar with this app. It would be nice to be able to quickly get to my other contacts.

Keep up the good work!
    I like this idea too - two buttons at the bottom, Phone and Contacts
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by JStelzy View Post
    I don't know if I did something wrong but when I open the program and click to add a contact, nothing is showing up.....still shows the add icon. Any ideas??
    That's weird. You're the first to mention that. Is this the first time you've installed it or did you update from an older version?

If it's an update, try uninstalling the program completely and then reinstall it. You will lose any contacts that you have associated in Quick Contacts in there (if any) but this is something to try.

uptempo777
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    I like this idea too - two buttons at the bottom, Phone and Contacts
    Yeah, the phone dialer button doesn't need to be massive so let me look into that too. =)

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Sir,

Pager listings show up in your app as "Other".

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    That's weird. You're the first to mention that. Is this the first time you've installed it or did you update from an older version?

If it's an update, try uninstalling the program completely and then reinstall it. You will lose any contacts that you have associated in Quick Contacts in there (if any) but this is something to try.

uptempo777
    New install today but did it from WebOS....not filecoaster. When I hit the contact info it sends me to contact list to add the contact. After I select the contact it goes back to main page but nothing shows up for that contact. Guess I should uninstall and reinstall huh?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    aesthetic note - how about rounding the corner of each contact? square corners are so yesterday.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by bsoder View Post
    aesthetic note - how about rounding the corner of each contact? square corners are so yesterday.
    Lol. I was wondering when someone would bring that up.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by JStelzy View Post
    New install today but did it from WebOS....not filecoaster. When I hit the contact info it sends me to contact list to add the contact. After I select the contact it goes back to main page but nothing shows up for that contact. Guess I should uninstall and reinstall huh?
    Yeah try it with the uninstall/reinstall and let me know if works.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    uptempo,

Love the improvements and i look forward to the future versions.

Keep up the good work!
    Yeah try it with the uninstall/reinstall and let me know if works.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    So I just did the uninstall/reinstall and the same thing happens. Also another thing....after I try to add the contact it goes back to the main contact page (where I can't see that I added anyone). If I click the spot I tried to add them to it brings up the Replace/resync screen but no pic or name or anything. Any ideas?
    Lol. I was wondering when someone would bring that up.
    That would be great!
    Thanks!

Do you know if the google contact photo was recently added? You might need to Replace/Resync that contact. One of the drawbacks of the current SDK is that it won't let any apps (such as Quick contacts) access any newly updated information that was created in another app (Palm's Contacts).

Otherwise, let me experiment this more with my contacts and see if I can duplicate the issue.

uptempo777
    OK, I think I figured it out. It is not because of when it was added, but how it was added. Photos added via "Photos" app works fine in Quick Contacts, but photos added via "Contacts" app do not show up correctly in Quick Contacts.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I think if your contact changes his/her default profile picture in Facebook, it gets synced to your contact and becomes the default no matter what you have set as the default. Could that be the case for that one contact?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    OK, I think I figured it out. It is not because of when it was added, but how it was added. Photos added via "Photos" app works fine in Quick Contacts, but photos added via "Contacts" app do not show up correctly in Quick Contacts.
    palm has a bug in that code somewhere. Two different methods of assigning a pic to a contact, but the one you get when you do it via contacts looks crappy in the phone app, if you do it via photos it's sharp. They need to do a cut-n-paste from the photo app to the contacts app...