Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1340
  1. avnera's Avatar
    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #1161  
    great app. thanks!

    occasionally i turn off the 'data connection' to reduce battery consumption.
    you're application will not start in that case.

    any idea?
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

    WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  2.    #1162  
    Quote Originally Posted by avnera View Post
    great app. thanks!

    occasionally i turn off the 'data connection' to reduce battery consumption.
    you're application will not start in that case.

    any idea?
    If you are in trial mode, it requires a data connection in order to check if you are a registered user. In order to be a registered user, I'm accepting donations to mfetdonations@yahoo.com of $5 or more so that it won't expire after the 14 day trial period.

    Alternatively you can also buy it from the App Catalog and there's no expiration on that.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  3. #1163  
    I noticed the same thing when I was in spotty data coverage. Even in good data coverage, it makes the app take much longer to load vs. the paid one. I wonder if some people might not make that connection, and not buy the full version for those reasons.
  4. #1164  
    I tried the trial version for my wife. She loves it so I am about to download it from the app cat. Do I need to delete the trial version before I purchase or will it just update the trial version? Also, will it save all the contacts I have already loaded?
  5.    #1165  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjimbiggs View Post
    I tried the trial version for my wife. She loves it so I am about to download it from the app cat. Do I need to delete the trial version before I purchase or will it just update the trial version? Also, will it save all the contacts I have already loaded?
    The app catalog version and the homebrew version are essentially different applications so if you install both, there will be 2 icons for Quick Contacts on your phone. So you will need to reload the contacts you have when you get the app catalog version.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  6. #1166  
    I wish I did not have to redo all her contacts but.... small price to pay for such an awesome app, thanks and happy holidays.
  7. #1167  
    Hi,happy holidays first. I donated for me and my hubby ,but I lost the app , I ave problem also to access filecoaster..any idea ? I change my email also..so I will send to u the new ..Thanks.
  8.    #1168  
    Quote Originally Posted by LUCYAH View Post
    Hi,happy holidays first. I donated for me and my hubby ,but I lost the app , I ave problem also to access filecoaster..any idea ? I change my email also..so I will send to u the new ..Thanks.
    Hi Lucy,

    Filecoaster should be working, otherwise you can also try going through PreWare. Are you using a brand new Pre or the original one you used to register?

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  9. #1169  
    I ' m using the original one, i 'll try with preware and i let u know
  10. j69plus1's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #1170  
    Hey all. So I really liked the trial version so I am just wondering if the pay version is just as good, or better.
  11. #1171  
    My Quick Contacts app stopped working after I installed WebOS's latest update. Thanks for all of the previous improvements!
  12.    #1172  
    Just to let everyone know, since WebOS v1.3.5 came out, there is an issue it created that when you add a new contact, their photo doesn't stay. I'm working on the issue and I'll try to put a fix up as soon as possible. As usual, the fix will land on homebrew before it gets on the App Catalog version.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 12/29/2009 at 08:14 PM.
  13.    #1173  
    Quote Originally Posted by lenfrog View Post
    My Quick Contacts app stopped working after I installed WebOS's latest update. Thanks for all of the previous improvements!
    Do you have any detail on specifically what's not working or is it the photos issue that I mentioned above?

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  14. #1174  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Do you have any detail on specifically what's not working or is it the photos issue that I mentioned above?

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Before I installed the WebOS update I removed all of the tweaks and uninstalled my homebrew apps. When I reinstall quick contacts, it does not show in my Pre anywhere. I do not see the icon.
  15. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #1175  
    Quote Originally Posted by lenfrog View Post
    Before I installed the WebOS update I removed all of the tweaks and uninstalled my homebrew apps. When I reinstall quick contacts, it does not show in my Pre anywhere. I do not see the icon.
    First, what version? Homebrew or app store?

    If app store, can you confirm that the app store download completed successfully?

    If homebrew, how did you install (Preware? fileCoaster, QI?) and did you confirm that it was successful?

    I'm assuming that you had the homebrew version.

    Have you tried rebooting your Pre?
  16. #1176  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    First, what version? Homebrew or app store?

    If app store, can you confirm that the app store download completed successfully?

    If homebrew, how did you install (Preware? fileCoaster, QI?) and did you confirm that it was successful?

    I'm assuming that you had the homebrew version.

    Have you tried rebooting your Pre?
    i rebooted and that did the trick. Thanks! Btw, I used WebOS Quickinstall.
  17. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #1177  
    Quote Originally Posted by lenfrog View Post
    i rebooted and that did the trick. Thanks! Btw, I used WebOS Quickinstall.
    Frequently does. Glad you got it working.
  18. #1178  
    I donated today, how to I keep this after the 14 days?
  19.    #1179  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcumings View Post
    I donated today, how to I keep this after the 14 days?
    Just sent you an email with instructions.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  20.    #1180  
    Quick Contacts Lite now available!

    Quick Contacts Lite has now been released in the App Catalog! It's a trimmed down version of the full version in the App Catalog and homebrew with the exception that it is free! Here are the major differences between the full version and Lite:
    - Maximum number of contacts: 9 (one page)
    - Dialing prefix/suffixes not available (that means no Google Voice, phone extensions, etc.)
    - No custom backgrounds but there are several preset ones to choose from
    - Ad supported

    Also, if the amount of contacts available in Quick Contacts is not enough, this will run as a separate app so you will have another 9 contacts to work with.

    Give it a try if you want, it's available in the App Catalog!

    Thanks,
    uptempo777

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions