Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1340
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I've heard people get mixed results depending on where the photos come from. For some reason, photos turn out differently based on if you associate a photo from your Photo Roll with a contact vs. if they come from Facebook vs if they come from Gmail, etc. Where are your photos coming from?

uptempo777
    They all come from on-board pics that look fine in contacts when i set them, but then go pixelly in QC and the phone app in progress or incoming.
  2.    #1082  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsondm2 View Post
    They all come from on-board pics that look fine in contacts when i set them, but then go pixelly in QC and the phone app in progress or incoming.
    So they are pixelated when you see the phone app in progress and incoming as well?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I had these same problems on Windows mobile. The stock contacts application always looked fine but if you used some 3rd party app for contacts, the pictures always looked bad. Guess it looks tobe the same for WebOS. ALthough I do know that this is not always the case as I have had some pictures transfer over to Quick COntacts just fine but others come out all messed up.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice. Actually I did pay for the photo. I just forgot to put the unwatermarked version up. If you looked deeper, you'll notice the other photos came from there with no watermarks which I paid for as well so there's nothing stolen here.

uptempo777
    Actually, if you look close, you can see watermarks in 3 other photos as well. I just pointed out the most obvious one with the site's name blazoned across the front of it.

Good luck with it, and let us know how the "I just forgot" defense works out for you.
    Hi, I just downloaded Quick Contact and I think that it is a great app but it doesn't show photos at all - neither Facebook pictures nor photos which are directly saved on or even had been taken with the Pre. I'm using the Pre in Germany with Web OS 1.1.3 - do you think this might be the problem? According to the last update log it shouldn't matter. Everything else works fine - but displaying the pictures would be nice though.
    Thank you for your help!
    So they are pixelated when you see the phone app in progress and incoming as well?
    Yup yup - so it may not be controllable with QC - but just wanted to see if you knew why?
  7.    #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky **** View Post
    Actually, if you look close, you can see watermarks in 3 other photos as well. I just pointed out the most obvious one with the site's name blazoned across the front of it.

Good luck with it, and let us know how the "I just forgot" defense works out for you.
    Fair enough. My defense would actually be "here's my receipt dated long before I made that screenshot". But you should probably use more common sense when saying something is stolen when you have no idea.
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamarina View Post
    Hi, I just downloaded Quick Contact and I think that it is a great app but it doesn't show photos at all - neither Facebook pictures nor photos which are directly saved on or even had been taken with the Pre. I'm using the Pre in Germany with Web OS 1.1.3 - do you think this might be the problem? According to the last update log it shouldn't matter. Everything else works fine - but displaying the pictures would be nice though.
    Thank you for your help!
    Yes, it's most likely the older version of the WebOS you have. It works minimally with v1.2 but anything less will probably not show photos until they update your WebOS. There isn't too much I can do about that yet since the way I store pictures were not possible with that earlier version.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  9.    #1089  
    Yup yup - so it may not be controllable with QC - but just wanted to see if you knew why?
    I'm not exactly sure why. From earlier posts, I think people had different results with images when they associated them with a contact using the Contacts app vs. associating them through the Photos app. It should be the same and something I don't recall at the moment but try it out and see if you have different results.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Are you saying that the pics that you assigned in Quick Contacts look pixelated (from Quick Contacts main window) or are you saying they look that way when the phone call is in place with a caller ID pic assigned in the phone app window?

It would be easier if you could post a screen shot of the pixelation
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hmm not sure. Have you tried restarting your Pre and then trying to resync them to see if the behavior returns?

uptempo777
    Hey Marvin, I deleted QC, restarted Pre, re-installed QC, reloaded the contacts and everything seems to be fine. Must have just burped during the 1.3 install.
    I'm good to go.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I believe this change came with the new implementation of the facebook contact list in webos 1.3.1,
    Quick contacts does not use the photo from the default profile, it always seems to choose the facebook photo for the linked profile.

This is not limited to just quick contacts for me, when i receive a call from a person with a photo, it pulls the facebook photo, not the photo in the default profile.
  13.    #1093  
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    I believe this change came with the new implementation of the facebook contact list in webos 1.3.1,
    Quick contacts does not use the photo from the default profile, it always seems to choose the facebook photo for the linked profile.

This is not limited to just quick contacts for me, when i receive a call from a person with a photo, it pulls the facebook photo, not the photo in the default profile.
    That makes sense since when you pick your contact from your contact list, it just gives us one photo to use. From the developer's point of view (we don't have access to the other photos associated with other linked profiles).

I'm working on letting you choose photos from your own Photos app (as well as from the camera) in the next version of Quick Contacts.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I figured that is how it worked for you, 1 single photo to choose, whatever the primary default photo is for the contact.
    I think this webos upgrade is letting facebook be the primary by default, regardless of the primary when linking. At least for me, facebook contacts seem to always be the primary even when the phone finds matching names in my default contact list.
    I'm not exactly sure why. From earlier posts, I think people had different results with images when they associated them with a contact using the Contacts app vs. associating them through the Photos app. It should be the same and something I don't recall at the moment but try it out and see if you have different results.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    hmm - haven't ever used the photos app to assign them to contacts - always used the contact app - have to try that - thank you Marvin!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Are you saying that the pics that you assigned in Quick Contacts look pixelated (from Quick Contacts main window) or are you saying they look that way when the phone call is in place with a caller ID pic assigned in the phone app window?

It would be easier if you could post a screen shot of the pixelation
    It happens in both - not sure why.
    Has anyone noticed the phone performance slow down with the new recent updates for quick contacts?. I've been using quick contacts for months now and just recently I noticed that when it's open. When i try to do anything, everything takes longer. This was happening even before web os update 1.3.1.
  18.    #1098  
    Quote Originally Posted by palcallao View Post
    Has anyone noticed the phone performance slow down with the new recent updates for quick contacts?. I've been using quick contacts for months now and just recently I noticed that when it's open. When i try to do anything, everything takes longer. This was happening even before web os update 1.3.1.
    If anything, that would be from a memory leak. There shouldn't be anything but I'll look through the code to see if I missed something that could cause that.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Just updated the web OS to 1.3.1. I then updated to 9.22 from the palm app store. I have noticed two things so far that seem to be bugs?

1st, when I add a contact and go to the preferred box to select a preferred number for that contact, it shows redundant phone numbers. Each number shows up twice. All my contacts do this. I tried to take a screen capture, but it will not capture that screen.

2nd, when I added a contact that was an email only contact (by mistake), the grid view place holder for it just shows the circle spinning. It never stopped spinning. I could touch the grid and it would open that contact, showing the email. I deleted and and returned to the grid view, but the spinning circle was still there.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks!
    Just updated to OS 1.3.1 and QC 0.9.23. When I try to launch QC, it never gets past "Loading Contacts...".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Richard Murphy