Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1340
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    The newest version is now available in the App Catalog which will fix the pictures not showing issue. It is v0.9.22 but is essentially the same as the latest homebrew v.0.9.21.

uptempo777
    Wow, that was quick! Thank you. All is well now.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by longjohn91 View Post
    Same here, had to unistall from the launcher and now it works.
    I can verify this method works i'm up and running again. Thanks all
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    The newest version is now available in the App Catalog which will fix the pictures not showing issue. It is v0.9.22 but is essentially the same as the latest homebrew v.0.9.21.
    I was running an old version. When I got the 1.3.1 OTA, Quick Contacts stopped working. This morning I updated to 0.9.21 which worked but I had to re-sync each of the contacts.

Now it seems to be working ok, but one remaining issue: For ONE of my friends, QuickContacts only shows his facebook photo, which is not a picture of him. I have a picture of him in Google contacts, and his contact has Google set as the primary profile (which shows up in contacts list view). Why, then, does Quick Contacts still show only the facebook photo, even if I re-sync his entry and re-select him from the contacts list? Any ideas?
  4.    #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemketron View Post
    I was running an old version. When I got the 1.3.1 OTA, Quick Contacts stopped working. This morning I updated to 0.9.21 which worked but I had to re-sync each of the contacts.

Now it seems to be working ok, but one remaining issue: For ONE of my friends, QuickContacts only shows his facebook photo, which is not a picture of him. I have a picture of him in Google contacts, and his contact has Google set as the primary profile (which shows up in contacts list view). Why, then, does Quick Contacts still show only the facebook photo, even if I re-sync his entry and re-select him from the contacts list? Any ideas?
    This is still an issue that Palm hasn't addressed. When you choose a contact, it only gives one image and there's no way to choose. I'm talking with them so they'll expand that out more so it'll get at least the primary image.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Guess quick contacts is hitting this documented issue most of my contacts don't have a picture right now.. (even though the picture exists in the actual 'contacts' app)

Third-party apps cannot display contact photos directly from the locations returned by the People Picker. This bug will be fixed in a subsequent webOS release. If you are participating in the e-commerce beta program and your app is affected by this issue, please contact your Palm account manager.
  6.    #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Guess quick contacts is hitting this documented issue most of my contacts don't have a picture right now.. (even though the picture exists in the actual 'contacts' app)
    Did you purchase Quick Contacts from the App Catalog? If so, there is an update to Quick Contacts (v0.9.22) in the App Catalog that fixes it.

uptempo777
    I had Quick Contacts installed and running before updating to WebOS 1.3.1. After the update, QC would stall on the loading contacts screen. I d/l'd the new version (9.2.1)of QC, but it would not install with the error "install error" trying to use both Filecoaster and Preware. I then deleted the QC application from the Launcher, rebooted the Pre and tried to download and install once again, but I am getting the same error. The bottom line is, I cannot install Quick Contacts.
    Bill
    Problem was solved by purchasing the application from the app catalogue, downloading and installing from there.
    Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    Problem was solved by purchasing the application from the app catalogue, downloading and installing from there.
    I was having the exact problem U were having and also solved it by getting it from the app catalogue.
    Charles
    I was very happy to see the newest version in the App Catalog yesterday! I was pretty bummed when I saw that 1.3.1. broke the app, and very happy that the update was approved so fast, and of course I love the new features! Great work uptempo777!

All I had to do was resync all my contacts to see their lovely faces again! lol
    If I delete my Homebrew QC, and download from the App catalog, then I will have to purchase the program again. This does NOT sound like the proper solution.
    Also wanted to note.....

Since you can pick a custom background in this version, this website is perfect for finding a texture to compliment Quick Contacts:

iDesign * Pre - Free Palm Pre Wallpapers & Free Palm Pre Backgrounds. Updated Daily! Textures
  13.    #1053  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    If I delete my Homebrew QC, and download from the App catalog, then I will have to purchase the program again. This does NOT sound like the proper solution.
    Most people have been able to get Quick Contacts through homebrew updated, especially after finding the PreWare uninstall issue. Are you still having problems?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    I guess my problem lies within webosqi, I keep getting error from that program when I try to run it to download your latest version with the fix for 1.3.1
    I mean filecoaster
  16.    #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I mean filecoaster
    Yes looks like Filecoaster is having issues with WebOS v1.3.1. For those of you that did get v0.9.21 installed, what did you use successfully?

uptempo777
  17.    #1057  
    Just pushed up Quick Contacts v0.9.23 which fixes a few small bugs. Check it out and let me know if it works for you.

Version 0.9.23 [11/15/2009]
    -------------------------

* Fixed bug: Help scene was not working
    * Fixed bug: Didn't display contact properly when adding a contact with no photo

uptempo777
    Got the hanging on the loading screen also. Happens with 0.9.21 and 0.9.23. Rebooted and reinstalled multiple times. Just wondering what I should do to get it back functional again.
  19.    #1059  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyassazian View Post
    Got the hanging on the loading screen also. Happens with 0.9.21 and 0.9.23. Rebooted and reinstalled multiple times. Just wondering what I should do to get it back functional again.
    Did you uninstall using the Launcher and not PreWare? People have been having problems when uninstalling with PreWare.

uptempo777
    Works now by deleting via launcher. Kinda sucks that you gotta reenter contacts, but at least it works now.