Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1340
  1. zman8's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #981  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    An email? You mean SMS right?

    If you mean SMS, Palm has that as an open issue that they are looking into. It's a problem that other apps are having trouble with as well.

    uptempo777
    I'm referring to text messages.

    Is this a problem that cannot be avoided in QC? Does this need to be fixed on Palm's end?
  2.    #982  
    Quote Originally Posted by zman8 View Post
    I'm referring to text messages.

    Is this a problem that cannot be avoided in QC? Does this need to be fixed on Palm's end?
    Yes it is on Palm's end that for some contacts it's not consistent with text messages so you can get either Unknown or it may go to one of the other numbers. I've checked with other developers and they have the same issue.

    uptempo777
  3.    #983  
    Morning everyone! I just pushed up Quick Contacts v0.9.17 here on homebrew. Some of the highlights are the detailed icons and prefix/suffix dialing which can be found under Dialing Options for each contact.

    For this version, you will need to reselect your Preferred Number for all of your Quick Contacts.

    Give it a try!

    Version 0.9.17 [11/8/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Added feature: Add a prefix or suffix to calls for use with calling card, Google Voice, phone extensions
    - Added new detailed icons to show type of contact (home, phone, work)
    - Added preference to choose detailed icons or use original icons
    - Redirected Tools Help Menu to Tools Help
    - Redirected Preferences Help Menu to Preferences Help
    - Support for Palm Pixi
    - Bug fix: When no picture is found in grid view, preferred type was in the wrong place
    - Updated language translations

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  4. darmood's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #984  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Morning everyone! I just pushed up Quick Contacts v0.9.17 here on homebrew. Some of the highlights are the detailed icons and prefix/suffix dialing which can be found under Dialing Options for each contact.

    For this version, you will need to reselect your Preferred Number for all of your Quick Contacts.

    Give it a try!

    Version 0.9.17 [11/8/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Added feature: Add a prefix or suffix to calls for use with calling card, Google Voice, phone extensions
    - Added new detailed icons to show type of contact (home, phone, work)
    - Added preference to choose detailed icons or use original icons
    - Redirected Tools Help Menu to Tools Help
    - Redirected Preferences Help Menu to Preferences Help
    - Support for Palm Pixi
    - Bug fix: When no picture is found in grid view, preferred type was in the wrong place
    - Updated language translations

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    thanks for all the hard work.. question how do we get it to work with Google voice..
  5.    #985  
    Quote Originally Posted by darmood View Post
    thanks for all the hard work.. question how do we get it to work with Google voice..
    Check out the help menu under Dialing Options. Basically, you use your GV number, and PIN as the prefix. Here's a copy of the example I put there:

    For your prefix, put in your GV phone number and put in the appropriate delays or prompts to make it work.

    For example, if your GV number is 13105551212 and your PIN is 1234, put this in the prefix:

    13105551212tt1234tt2t

    For the suffix, put in a #


    This will dial your GV phone number, wait for 2 seconds, dial your PIN, wait for 2 seconds, dial a 2 (initiates a call from GV), waits for 1 second, dials the Quick Contact's phone number, and then dials a # (to complete the phone number).

    Alternatively, you can substitute the t with a p so that you'll be prompted
    before each set of numbers are dialed. Play with the timing a little bit to see what works best for you.
  6. darmood's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #986  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Check out the help menu under Dialing Options. Basically, you use your GV number, and PIN as the prefix. Here's a copy of the example I put there:

    For your prefix, put in your GV phone number and put in the appropriate delays or prompts to make it work.

    For example, if your GV number is 13105551212 and your PIN is 1234, put this in the prefix:

    13105551212tt1234tt2t

    For the suffix, put in a #


    This will dial your GV phone number, wait for 2 seconds, dial your PIN, wait for 2 seconds, dial a 2 (initiates a call from GV), waits for 1 second, dials the Quick Contact's phone number, and then dials a # (to complete the phone number).

    Alternatively, you can substitute the t with a p so that you'll be prompted
    before each set of numbers are dialed. Play with the timing a little bit to see what works best for you.
    thanks a ton
  7. #987  
    After installing 0.9.17, one of my contacts will not display in the contact details screen. The only text on screen is "Preferred". The widgets are empty. Although it is blank, I can push the Preferred Number button and receive a list of all of the numbers for that contact. So, the data is there, but does not make it into the contact details screen.

    I have tried the following:
    1) Resync the contact
    2) Delete and re-add the contact
    3) Move the contact (was first in list)
    4) Used the "Remove Empty Contact Spaces" (although I use List View) tool
    5) Used the "Delete All Quick Contacts" tool
    6) Uninstall and reinstall the app

    For some reason the new version of Quick Contacts does not want to display the details of this contact. The previous versions worked correctly.

    I love the app. Please let me know how I can help you debug this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #988  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    After installing 0.9.17, one of my contacts will not display in the contact details screen. The only text on screen is "Preferred". The widgets are empty. Although it is blank, I can push the Preferred Number button and receive a list of all of the numbers for that contact. So, the data is there, but does not make it into the contact details screen.

    I have tried the following:
    1) Resync the contact
    2) Delete and re-add the contact
    3) Move the contact (was first in list)
    4) Used the "Remove Empty Contact Spaces" (although I use List View) tool
    5) Used the "Delete All Quick Contacts" tool
    6) Uninstall and reinstall the app

    For some reason the new version of Quick Contacts does not want to display the details of this contact. The previous versions worked correctly.

    I love the app. Please let me know how I can help you debug this.
    Ok, I'll look through the code to find that bug. Is it only on the details screen? Does that contact's profile picture show up in Grid View and List View? Thanks.

    uptempo777
  9. #989  
    no issues upgrading mine. Went through and updated the preferred numbers and it looks great. Sweet app!
  10. #990  
    Uptempo, any chance of a version that will allow the dialer to close and not the Quick Contacts app itself? I know that when I select "close on dial", the Quick Contacts app closes. At the end of call, I'd rather have the phone app close. Quick Contacts is something that I always have open.

    Just a suggestion.

    Thanks again, great app!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11. #991  
    Hey Achill3s, there is a page that you can get called Close Phone on Hangup, it works both ways if you initiate the call or if someone calls you, once you hangup or end call the phone app will close. You can get the patch through Preware now and looks like u know about patches from your bottom summary.
  12.    #992  
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks4life View Post
    Hey Achill3s, there is a page that you can get called Close Phone on Hangup, it works both ways if you initiate the call or if someone calls you, once you hangup or end call the phone app will close. You can get the patch through Preware now and looks like u know about patches from your bottom summary.
    Thanks yanks4life. I was just about to mention that.

    Palm hasn't given us access yet to an API that can close the phone app itself. When it's available, I'll add that feature since I would like that too. =)

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  13.    #993  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    After installing 0.9.17, one of my contacts will not display in the contact details screen. The only text on screen is "Preferred". The widgets are empty. Although it is blank, I can push the Preferred Number button and receive a list of all of the numbers for that contact. So, the data is there, but does not make it into the contact details screen.

    I have tried the following:
    1) Resync the contact
    2) Delete and re-add the contact
    3) Move the contact (was first in list)
    4) Used the "Remove Empty Contact Spaces" (although I use List View) tool
    5) Used the "Delete All Quick Contacts" tool
    6) Uninstall and reinstall the app

    For some reason the new version of Quick Contacts does not want to display the details of this contact. The previous versions worked correctly.

    I love the app. Please let me know how I can help you debug this.
    By the way, what version of WebOS do you have? Uninstalling, installing should have fixed the issue unless you have a version less than v1.2.1. Otherwise, I'll keep researching.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  14. #994  
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    After installing 0.9.17, one of my contacts will not display in the contact details screen. The only text on screen is "Preferred". The widgets are empty. Although it is blank, I can push the Preferred Number button and receive a list of all of the numbers for that contact. So, the data is there, but does not make it into the contact details screen.

    I have tried the following:
    1) Resync the contact
    2) Delete and re-add the contact
    3) Move the contact (was first in list)
    4) Used the "Remove Empty Contact Spaces" (although I use List View) tool
    5) Used the "Delete All Quick Contacts" tool
    6) Uninstall and reinstall the app

    For some reason the new version of Quick Contacts does not want to display the details of this contact. The previous versions worked correctly.

    I love the app. Please let me know how I can help you debug this.
    I have the same problem with one contact. The others are fine though. This one contact happens to have a lot of numbers and emails. And a phone number with xxx-xxx-xxxx x1464
    the last x is for extension
  15.    #995  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I have the same problem with one contact. The others are fine though. This one contact happens to have a lot of numbers and emails. And a phone number with xxx-xxx-xxxx x1464
    the last x is for extension
    Did you have that problem for that contact (or any other contact) in version 0.9.15 (i'm assuming that's the last version you had) ?

    uptempo777
  16.    #996  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I have the same problem with one contact. The others are fine though. This one contact happens to have a lot of numbers and emails. And a phone number with xxx-xxx-xxxx x1464
    the last x is for extension
    Actually I may have found the issue. I think the problem is if you have a pager. I forgot to include an image for it so it might be hanging on that. If that contact does have a Pager, try changing it to Other in the main contacts app and resync to see if that fixes it. Or you can delete their pager if you want as a test.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 11/10/2009 at 01:59 AM.
  17. roninj's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #997  
    Upgraded with no issues. Thanks!
  18. #998  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Actually I may have found the issue. I think the problem is if you have a pager. I forgot to include an image for it so it might be hanging on that. If that contact does have a Pager, try changing it to Other in the main contacts app and resync to see if that fixes it. Or you can delete their pager if you want as a test.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    That fixed it for me. Good catch, uptempo.
  19.    #999  
    With the latest and greatest, Quick Contacts v0.9.19 is now up and live on homebrew.

    It fixes the pager issue and adds the detailed preference icons to the Grid View and List View when Prompt is selected. Also, fixed One Touch Dial label in Preferences.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 11/10/2009 at 03:45 PM.
  20. #1000  
    I can confirm the update corrects my contact detail page issue.

    Great job!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions