Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Great app!!! I haven't read through the whole post and would like to offer feedback.
    1) a way to make the phone numbers pop up when you touch the picture ("drop down menu"), instead of opening a new window.
    2) a way to dial from the main screen after you select the number from the " drop down menu" instead of going to the dialer and then pressing the dial button.

Sorry if this has been already discussed! If this is at all possiable the app would be A++++++

My 2 cents,
    The Wams
    I agree that pressing the phone number should open up the dialer and automatically dial the number (omitting the extra step).
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Not to be nick-picky, but if possible could you please edit the app icon so that it fits in more with the other app icons. yours is square shaped will all the other app icons are circular with no background. So the quickcontact app icon kinda sticks out like a sore thumb in my quick launch area.

My favorite and most used app thus far. Thanks for your work.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    Not to be nick-picky, but if possible could you please edit the app icon so that it fits in more with the other app icons. yours is square shaped will all the other app icons are circular with no background. So the quickcontact app icon kinda sticks out like a sore thumb in my quick launch area.

My favorite and most used app thus far. Thanks for your work.
    Yeah I realized that too. I'll see if I can make that update as well.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Fantastic app!!!! Thanks!!!!!

Would love to see SMS and email integrated into this as well. Again, THANKS! This app has already reached the vaulted status as one of my "constantly open" apps. Nice work.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Just a thought just downloaded the program seems to work great, but only 9 spots? any way of having 2 lists say 1 for top 9 personal calls and another for the top 9 Business calls?
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Just a thought just downloaded the program seems to work great, but only 9 spots? any way of having 2 lists say 1 for top 9 personal calls and another for the top 9 Business calls?
    That's one of the items on my to-do list. Thanks for the feedback!

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Great app.! Love it!!! Thank you very much.

Not sure this was mention but, I put in a contact with no photo. Name and company name was longer than the field allows so the company name shows up in the fields behind the little blue guys with the green plus signs. (you can see the text behind them). Not sure if this is a bug you know about.

Once again Fantastic app!
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdsaz View Post
    Great app.! Love it!!! Thank you very much.

Not sure this was mention but, I put in a contact with no photo. Name and company name was longer than the field allows so the company name shows up in the fields behind the little blue guys with the green plus signs. (you can see the text behind them). Not sure if this is a bug you know about.

Once again Fantastic app!
    Didn't know about that one. I'll check it out.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    UpTempo,

Thanks for the App I really was excited to come across your app. I also experienced some of the minor bugs mentioned in this post, I do have one feature request that I think would be a great addition if you can figure out how to pull it off.

I would really like to have two pages...I don't want it to scroll up or down I'd like it to scroll left and right like it does on the launcher. I think it's a cleaner way to do more than nine. you could make it a setting/pref to have 1 or maybe up to 3 pages of contacts.

Thanks for all your hard work I look forward to seeing what you do with this!
    For me, this app is about convenience and minimization of screen taps (just left a Touch Pro - - everything took 4-6 screen taps)

I've seen great suggestions in prior posts (turinsoutheast, Xenovic, pyrognome, LTracte, nwcarlson). To summarize what sounded good or what I would like to see:
    1. A tap dials the default ph#,
    2. Tap & hold brings up options: other phone numbers, or even SMS
    3. Multiple pages of contacts (like the Pre launcher) that could be swiped between
    4. Alternatively, if contacts are grouped, a group could be a "contact" on the home page of Quick Contacts. Tapping that button would open a new page comprised of that group's contacts.
    5. Option to autoclose the app after dialing
    6. Button size is fixed/static whether showing a picture or simply a name

This is already in my Quick Launch bar - thanks!
    Last edited by Don'tPanic; 08/11/2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: clarity
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Awesome app. Its now on my bar in position #1. I just can't get it to call JLH or Jessica.:-(

I have seen one strange thing. In my contacts, my phone numbers all show up in this format (areacode) phone-number, but in the quick dialer, those same numbers sometimes show up as areacodephonenumber or areacode.phone.number . Any ideas?
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Awesome app. Its now on my bar in position #1. I just can't get it to call JLH or Jessica.:-(

I have seen one strange thing. In my contacts, my phone numbers all show up in this format (areacode) phone-number, but in the quick dialer, those same numbers sometimes show up as areacodephonenumber or areacode.phone.number . Any ideas?
    Thanks! I'll check that out. Maybe the Contacts app does some additional formatting to make it look consistent.

uptempo777
  14.    #94  
    Just put up a new version: v0.7.7.

Mostly aesthetic changes. Here's the details:

Version 0.7.7 [8/12/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Changed to darker color scheme for better contrast

Main Contacts:
    When contact has no picture
    - put name under the blank profile icon
    - the entire area is selectable (instead of just the name/company text)
    - if the name is too long, it is truncated to fit in the selectable area

Contact Detail:
    - Right-justified and changed color of contact detail types

uptempo777
    Thanks for the great work -- this has replaced my phone dialer icon on the quick launch bar.

-jim
    Absolutely love the new version! The quirks you fixed make this my #1 app.

Great Job! Great work!

Thank You.
    -Chris
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Just put this on my phone. Great app! Thanks for your work! I also would like it if it automatically dialed the number instead of opening the dialer if that is possible, but still a lot easier for calling regular contacts.
    love the Program. Would be great to add more than 9 contacts.
    Is there a way to Text from this App?
    BTW Great work & overall a nice App
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    Is there a way to Text from this App?
    BTW Great work & overall a nice App
    Still working on texting/SMS. Coming soon!