Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Don't have time to search the thread, but does anyone else have a problem where clicking on text to a cell always defaults to texting that contacts home number?
    I have had the exact same issue for a while now. Have reported it to developer, but I don't know enuf about the inner workings to help lead him in the right direction. Anyone else?
  2.    #902  
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    I have had the exact same issue for a while now. Have reported it to developer, but I don't know enuf about the inner workings to help lead him in the right direction. Anyone else?
    That is an outstanding issue that I am addressing with Palm. They said they will try to fix that by the next release of the WebOS.

uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    That is an outstanding issue that I am addressing with Palm. They said they will try to fix that by the next release of the WebOS.

uptempo777
    Does this affect the paid for version in the app store as well?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Does this affect the paid for version in the app store as well?
    ...yes
    ok thanks for the info. hopefully palm helps you out real quick. otherwise, your app is great!
    Uptempo, just a suggestion (if just for aesthetics). Is there a toggle that you could add to allow for just showing the images and nothing more (minus the 4 icons [contacts, email, text, phone] in the default grid view). I like the simplicity of just viewing the images. I'll prob never use the 4 icons. It'd be great to have the choice of a toggle (like the one you added to view names of the contacts, etc).

Just a suggestion.

Thanks again for this great app!! It's always one of the cards that is always open on my Pre. I also steer others in your apps direction for my fellow Pre friends that want something like this. The Photo Dialer in the app catalog doesn't really compare to your great app!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7.    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Uptempo, just a suggestion (if just for aesthetics). Is there a toggle that you could add to allow for just showing the images and nothing more (minus the 4 icons [contacts, email, text, phone] in the default grid view). I like the simplicity of just viewing the images. I'll prob never use the 4 icons. It'd be great to have the choice of a toggle (like the one you added to view names of the contacts, etc).

Just a suggestion.

Thanks again for this great app!! It's always one of the cards that is always open on my Pre. I also steer others in your apps direction for my fellow Pre friends that want something like this. The Photo Dialer in the app catalog doesn't really compare to your great app!
    That's a good idea. Since I need to make it compatible with the Pixi (and it's smaller screen size), I might have to do that anyway.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Hey Uptempo. I had to have my Pre replaced and I am wondering if I will be able to get the full version without it expiring?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Nice program uptempo777. I had to uninstall the program yesterday and will get around to putting it back on my pre in the next week or so.

However, after I uninstalled it I now have a picture of a frame in my miscellaneous folder. It looks like the frame from the grid view. I cannot delete it from the photos app and I cannot seem to locate it in the com.quickcontacts folder either. Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i'm conffused now of the other homebrew apps have to do the donate to keep the app runnning why does this have one. i mean i'm not compaining just wondering why?
  11.    #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    Hey Uptempo. I had to have my Pre replaced and I am wondering if I will be able to get the full version without it expiring?
    Send an email to mfethelp@yahoo.com and I'll set you up.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  12.    #912  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Nice program uptempo777. I had to uninstall the program yesterday and will get around to putting it back on my pre in the next week or so.

However, after I uninstalled it I now have a picture of a frame in my miscellaneous folder. It looks like the frame from the grid view. I cannot delete it from the photos app and I cannot seem to locate it in the com.quickcontacts folder either. Any help would be appreciated.
    Where is your miscellaneous folder that you see that?
  13.    #913  
    Quote Originally Posted by licant View Post
    i'm conffused now of the other homebrew apps have to do the donate to keep the app runnning why does this have one. i mean i'm not compaining just wondering why?
    I'm not sure if I understand your question.

A lot of the other homebrew apps have their version expire after a certain hard date. In this case, I wanted to give new users a chance to have a full 14-day period to evaluate it with full abilities.

If you're asking why I ask for donations, it's because the program was never intended to be free and the original intent is to purchase it from the app catalog.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i guess i just never seen one like this haha. was it 5.00 right? i text allot and i like that yours allows it.

p.s. is this the same app that is on the offical app catalog dont have paypal would be easier to just buy it there if it is the same thing.
  15.    #915  
    Quote Originally Posted by licant View Post
    i guess i just never seen one like this haha. was it 5.00 right? i text allot and i like that yours allows it.

p.s. is this the same app that is on the offical app catalog dont have paypal would be easier to just buy it there if it is the same thing.
    The App Catalog is v0.9.8. The latest version here on homebrew is v0.9.11. So the version on there doesn't have the List View and other updates since v0.9.7.

Eventually v0.9.11 and higher will get on the App Catalog but it depends how long it takes for them to approve it.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Where is your miscellaneous folder that you see that?
    Its in my photos app. However I can't seem to find the Miscellaneous folder in the media/internals either. The frame is the only pic in the folder within the photo app.

Never mind. My brain was clearly malfunctioning last night!!! Found the picture file and deleted. Sorry about the mix-up uptempo777
    Last edited by solarus; 10/23/2009 at 12:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Is there an easy way to chose which photo is used?

When I put a contact into Grid View, it usually insist on using the photo from the Facebook account, which is usually some kind of clown or whatever the person used as his/her Facebook photo. I would like to use a real photo of the person, which I control. Usually one I took with my Pre when I entered the contanct.

The only way I have been able to do that is to unlink the one I want in Contacts, enter that into Quick Contacts, then relink the contact. Somewhat less than elagant to say the least!

Since I've hard reset/Doctored my phone a couple of times lately, I've had to go through the drill more than once. Is there an easier way, or is brute force the method of choice?
  18.    #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post

When I put a contact into Grid View, it usually insist on using the photo from the Facebook account, which is usually some kind of clown or whatever the person used as his/her Facebook photo. I would like to use a real photo of the person, which I control. Usually one I took with my Pre when I entered the contanct.

The only way I have been able to do that is to unlink the one I want in Contacts, enter that into Quick Contacts, then relink the contact. Somewhat less than elagant to say the least!

Since I've hard reset/Doctored my phone a couple of times lately, I've had to go through the drill more than once. Is there an easier way, or is brute force the method of choice?
    Not yet. I've asked Palm for an API so the user can choose which photo they would like to use or consider is default but so far that's not available.

I know the unlink, resync method is a brute force method but it's the only way available for now. I and other developers will have to keep on bugging Palm some more so we can make our apps better.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  19.    #919  
    Quote Originally Posted by wodin View Post

Not yet. I've asked Palm for an API so the user can choose which photo they would like to use or consider is default but so far that's not available.

I know the unlink, resync method is a brute force method but it's the only way available for now. I and other developers will have to keep on bugging Palm some more so we can make our apps better.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
  20.    #920  
    Quick Contacts v0.9.13 is now available on homebrew! Here's what's new:

Version 0.9.13 [10/24/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Added feature: Can now remove Launcher Buttons through preferences
    - Bug fix: Resyncing didnt always resync
    - Bug fix: App didn't startup for new users
    - Added language support: Spanish, French, German, Italian
    - Updated Help