Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    You should've received instructions in an email. Private message me your email address and I'll resend it to you if you can't find it - check your spam folder as well.

Thanks,
    uptempo777

Hey Uptempo, I had donated in September and had sent you an email with my DeviceId. My QuickContacts seemed to have expired today, as it hangs on loading. Are you able to enable it, or waht should I do?
  2.    #882  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblacken View Post
    Hey Uptempo, I had donated in September and had sent you an email with my DeviceId. My QuickContacts seemed to have expired today, as it hangs on loading. Are you able to enable it, or waht should I do?
    Sent you an email. I think you are working now.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    great app...
    I just donated... thanks again for the work on this app...
    i'm guessing you'll email me from the paypal recipt?

i'm hoping that donating will get rid of the splash-screen lag too?

thanks,
    -tim
    Congrats on getting QC into the official App Catalog!!!! What does this mean for those of us who donated early on and got the "lifetime access" to the file? Should we stick with the homebrew version, or should we get the App Catalog version?
  5.    #885  
    Quick Contacts is now in the Official App Catalog!

I've currently put it up there for a promotional price of $2.99 just as a start so if you've been holding back until it gets on there, now it's available for you!

This is and will continue to be an older version than what is available on homebrew since the homebrew version will be a Beta Version with newer features for everyone here to try out. The App Catalog version is currently v0.9.8 and in order for it to get the newest version, it will need to go through Palm's approval process.

If you have donated and I've registered you, stick with the homebrew version. Palm has asked that the App Name in the App Catalog be different than the one in homebrew. So if you get the App Catalog version, you will have a second installation of Quick Contacts.

Thanks for everyone who has helped with feedback, testing and everything else. Special thanks to sdmeier for the terrific Icon work!

I'm continuing to make updates and should have a new version for testing up here soon too!

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    So uptempo is there a way to get the homebrew app with the most up todate features and fixes? I've been using 08.5 waiting for the final release but would rather have the newest version out instead of waiting for the new updates to come via the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    So uptempo is there a way to get the homebrew app with the most up todate features and fixes? I've been using 08.5 waiting for the final release but would rather have the newest version out instead of waiting for the new updates to come via the app catalog.
    0.9.9 has been in Home Brew for a while and is the latest version.
  8.    #888  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    Currently the App Catalog is the only way to purchase apps. The version on there will also not expire. Unfortunately it is not the latest version since I needed to have a different version there than here. However it is stable and has gone through their approval process.

The version on here will eventually get to the App Catalog but depends on how long their approval process takes.

uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Currently the App Catalog is the only way to purchase apps. The version on there will also not expire. Unfortunately it is not the latest version since I needed to have a different version there than here. However it is stable and has gone through their approval process.

The version on here will eventually get to the App Catalog but depends on how long their approval process takes.

uptempo777
    What about those who have donated and were told we get free updates for life, are we still going to be able to have the most up to date version (once it gets on the app cat.) or are we going to have to dish out more $ to get the app cat version? or are you going to have the most up to date version on here and be one version behind on the app cat?
  10.    #890  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    What about those who have donated and were told we get free updates for life, are we still going to be able to have the most up to date version (once it gets on the app cat.) or are we going to have to dish out more $ to get the app cat version? or are you going to have the most up to date version on here and be one version behind on the app cat?
    Just get the latest version the way you originally got it on homebrew if you donated. Don't get the App Catalog version since it is a version older and it will put a second installation of Quick Contacts on your phone.

uptempo777
  11.    #891  
    On top of being in that catalog....

Quick Contacts v0.9.11 is now available here! One of the main things here is the ability to reorder your contacts in List View. Memory management is a lot better so QC should be a lot snappier. Also a bunch of bug fixes here and there.

* Note: If you are installing v0.9.11 over a previous version, it is highly recommended to delete the contacts in Quick Contacts first to clean up the memory.

Here's what's new:

Version 0.9.11 [10/21/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Added feature: Can reorder contacts in List View
    - Removed Quick Contacts header for more space between contacts
    - Removed 'FAX' as an option
    - Bug fix: Some custom user backgrounds would not work
    - Bug fix: Display Name was editable even when it wasn't displayed in Contact Details
    - Bug fix: Preferred Number was not reset when resync and preferred number no longer existed
    - Bug fix: Preferences: Extra line was showing at the bottom of Grid View and List View
    - Decreased memory usage to optimize speed
    Last edited by uptempo777; 10/22/2009 at 12:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Dear Uptempo777,

I popped for the App store version and find it to be excellent, but noticed that it does not really launch any faster than the previous unregistered version that I had (.085). It takes 5 seconds to get to the splash screen, and 7 seconds for me to see the pictures. I have 7 contacts assigned so far. Is this considered normal?

Thanks and keep up the excellent programing
    Last edited by dvdmax; 10/21/2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: wrong version
  13.    #893  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Dear Uptempo777,

I popped for the App store version and find it to be excellent, but noticed that it does not really launch any faster than the previous unregistered version that I had (.085). It takes 5 seconds to get to the splash screen, and 7 seconds for me to see the pictures. I have 7 contacts assigned so far. Is this considered normal?

Thanks and keep up the excellent programing
    The average startup time for QC is probably 6 seconds. Quickest I've been able to get is 5 seconds. That's the behavior of all apps currently with the exception being the Phone Dialer which is sitting somewhere in memory at all times.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Hey uptempo777, the last version you had posted was 9.9 and there had been issues with teh custom background not working consistantly. Now I see 9.11 and it doesn't sound like it addresses this. Did I miss a version or has this not been fixed yet?
  15.    #895  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Hey uptempo777, the last version you had posted was 9.9 and there had been issues with teh custom background not working consistantly. Now I see 9.11 and it doesn't sound like it addresses this. Did I miss a version or has this not been fixed yet?
    Oops, forgot to put that on there. That should be fixed now - I've tried it with mine and several people have reported that it works for them now as well too.

If you can try it out and post back up here if it's working now in v0.9.11, that would be great.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Ok, installed the new version and it looks like you fixed the issue where some backgrounds would not load, however, if you select a custom background and then go back in and try to select another custom background, you will not be taken to your picture folders. Instead it just closes the menu. You have to select one of the default backgrounds and then go back to custom in order to choose a new background.

Also of note, it almost feels like the program is more sluggish than previously. This is regardless of what background I use. I have not restarted the phone after upgrading to 9.11 but will do that shortly. Not sure that should make any difference though.
  17.    #897  
    Ok, installed the new version and it looks like you fixed the issue where some backgrounds would not load, however, if you select a custom background and then go back in and try to select another custom background, you will not be taken to your picture folders. Instead it just closes the menu. You have to select one of the default backgrounds and then go back to custom in order to choose a new background.

Also of note, it almost feels like the program is more sluggish than previously. This is regardless of what background I use. I have not restarted the phone after upgrading to 9.11 but will do that shortly. Not sure that should make any difference though.
    Yeah you're right, you do have to select a default background to change your custom background. I think that was an issue with the previous version. I'll see if that's something I can easily fix though.

I'm surprised it feels sluggish to you. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, I think I know why it is feeling slower for you. I believe it's because I improved the memory management but it only works for newly added contacts.

If you are willing to try, you could resync all of your contacts or delete all your contacts and see how the performance is. I know it's not ideal but if it makes it faster for you, then I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Well I don't mean to make it sound like the whole app is sluggish. Opening up the app and clicking one of the contacts doesn't seem to be slower. I am referring to the drop down menu or flipping to the second page of contacts or accessing the tools or preferences. I don't recall these to be laggy previously but I am seeing it now. I have deleted my contacts and added them back as you suggested but that has not helped the sluggish feeling I experienced. With that said, I initially tried to just resync them but for what ever reason it removed the contact picture and I wasn't able to get it to show again until I deleted and re-added the contact. Aside from that, I still love the app
  19.    #899  
    Well I don't mean to make it sound like the whole app is sluggish. Opening up the app and clicking one of the contacts doesn't seem to be slower. I am referring to the drop down menu or flipping to the second page of contacts or accessing the tools or preferences. I don't recall these to be laggy previously but I am seeing it now. I have deleted my contacts and added them back as you suggested but that has not helped the sluggish feeling I experienced. With that said, I initially tried to just resync them but for what ever reason it removed the contact picture and I wasn't able to get it to show again until I deleted and re-added the contact. Aside from that, I still love the app
    Ok. I'll see if there's anything else I can to clean it up. Otherwise, I think it might be a good idea for anyone who is installing this version over an older version to delete their contacts first just to clean up the memory since I changed the way things are stored.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Don't have time to search the thread, but does anyone else have a problem where clicking on text to a cell always defaults to texting that contacts home number?