Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
  1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    It does this in Quick Install as well. As a matter of fact, there are several now that do that. You have to click on them to see what the program really is.

I can confirm that when selecting a custom background, there are issues. This is what I have seen so far:

Select a custom background. Now try to select a new custom background. The application won't open the pictures folder. So select one of the default backgrounds. This works fine. Try to select another custom background and the folder opens but sometimes when you select a new picture, it beeps at you but then no custom background. You have to select different default backgrounds before it will let you add another custom background.
    I'm checking in on the custom background and I'll put up a fix for that as soon I can.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Where do a donate the $5 to get lifetime updates? My trial expired and I like this app.
  3.    #863  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiveturkey View Post
    Where do a donate the $5 to get lifetime updates? My trial expired and I like this app.
    I've closed donations for lifetime updates for now since it should be in the App Catalog soon.

I may reopen it though if they tell me it will take a while to push up there.

If you download the newest version 0.9.9, it will extend your trial for another 14 days.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    When will it have the ability to reorder contacts? This is something that PhotoDialer does better. Also, I would like the option to remove the edit icon in list view.

Thanks for your work on this app!
  5.    #865  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    When will it have the ability to reorder contacts? This is something that PhotoDialer does better. Also, I would like the option to remove the edit icon in list view.

Thanks for your work on this app!
    I'm working on the reordering feature so hold on for that.

I'm leery about giving the option to remove the edit icon in list view since then you would have no way to get into the details unless you turn the edit icon preference back on. Any suggestions for how that could work?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Having an issue after updating Quick Contacts and replacing an image on one of my contacts. I resync the contact and everything was fine. I closed QC, reopened, and the contact disappeared. I added the contact again and it is disappearing after every close.
  7.    #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo View Post
    Having an issue after updating Quick Contacts and replacing an image on one of my contacts. I resync the contact and everything was fine. I closed QC, reopened, and the contact disappeared. I added the contact again and it is disappearing after every close.
    Is the contact disappearing or just the contact's image?
  8.    #868  
    Looks like it may take longer than anticipated to go on the App Catalog so I'm going to re-open donations for free updates until midnight PST on Sunday (10/11/2009).

So for anyone that wants free lifetime updates of Quick Contacts, use the donate button on the first post of this thread to donate a minimum of $5 for every Pre you would like to use with it.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I'm working on the reordering feature so hold on for that.

I'm leery about giving the option to remove the edit icon in list view since then you would have no way to get into the details unless you turn the edit icon preference back on. Any suggestions for how that could work?

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Maybe tap the photo to edit the contact (in list view)? A tap on the name or number listed would still call or text or prompt, etc.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Looks like it may take longer than anticipated to go on the App Catalog so I'm going to re-open donations for free updates until midnight PST on Sunday (10/11/2009).

So for anyone that wants free lifetime updates of Quick Contacts, use the donate button on the first post of this thread to donate a minimum of $5 for every Pre you would like to use with it.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Once you pay for an app in the app catalog aren't the updates always free after you initially pay? I thought that this was something Palm required?
  11.    #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Once you pay for an app in the app catalog aren't the updates always free after you initially pay? I thought that this was something Palm required?
    That's what they are saying right now but it's also something they can change to allow developers to charge for updates in the future (which is something that the Apple App Store is starting to deal with).

The App Catalog is also going to take longer to get updates because of their approval process so homebrew will always have a newer version that you can't get from the App Catalog until later.

I'm also still waiting for acceptance into the App Catalog so if for whatever reason, Quick Contacts is not accepted, then updates from the App Catalog are a moot point. I don't think that will happen but just putting it out there.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Is the contact disappearing or just the contact's image?
    The contact. Tried adding a different contact and the same thing happens. I'm thinking of uninstalling and installing again, I'll just have to add all my contacts again.
    This is still one of my top 3 apps.

Thanks for awesome work and support.
  14. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    uptempo I donated on the 5th, but have not heard anything. Do you send an email or something?
    Donantion complete, bring on the paid version.
  16.    #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    uptempo I donated on the 5th, but have not heard anything. Do you send an email or something?
    You should've received instructions in an email. Private message me your email address and I'll resend it to you if you can't find it - check your spam folder as well.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    I like Quick Contacts but have found myself using Photo Dialer more and more because I can get twelve contacts on one screen instead of nine. Any plans on making that possible in future versions?
  18.    #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenTrackRacer View Post
    I like Quick Contacts but have found myself using Photo Dialer more and more because I can get twelve contacts on one screen instead of nine. Any plans on making that possible in future versions?
    Yes I'm likely going to make that an option as well. Don't know the timeframe but I want to allow for 12 on a screen or maybe even less (like 4 or 6) depending on how many people want to see at a time.

uptempo777
    @ uptempo777

I am still using the 0.8.5 version because I haven't had time to donate and didn't want the only way I have found dialing contacts easy is with your software.

I just donated my $5 to you via paypal. I am wondering how all of this works. I believe once you receive payment, you will send me an email with upgrade instructions. Is it a good idea to delete 0.8.5 or just upgrade to the latest version?

Thank you...I am looking forward to the changes that you have made!
  20.    #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    @ uptempo777

I am still using the 0.8.5 version because I haven't had time to donate and didn't want the only way I have found dialing contacts easy is with your software.

I just donated my $5 to you via paypal. I am wondering how all of this works. I believe once you receive payment, you will send me an email with upgrade instructions. Is it a good idea to delete 0.8.5 or just upgrade to the latest version?

Thank you...I am looking forward to the changes that you have made!
    Just download the newest version and install it over the version you have. All of your contacts should remain.

Thanks,
    uptempo777