Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1340
  1.    #821  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I agree with this. Unless I'm mistaken, it appears you moved the page indicator from the bottom to the top. This is taking up unnecessary space and making it look bad on the bottom when you have notifications in the tray. An option to remove this indicator would be great!

    Thanks for the update!
    Good points. One of the requirements Palm made for me was to move the pages indicator to the top (personally I'd rather have them at the bottom) which is why that's up there now. I'll most likely remove the title bar area in the next version or at least make it more reasonably sized.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
  2. #822  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Good points. One of the requirements Palm made for me was to move the pages indicator to the top (personally I'd rather have them at the bottom) which is why that's up there now. I'll most likely remove the title bar area in the next version or at least make it more reasonably sized.

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Interesting that they required you to do that. Seems like you should get to choose since it's your app.

    I also wanted to add that after using the app for the last few minutes, it is definitely noticeably slower than the previous version. Not sure what could be causing this, but I notice it mostly when choosing the Preferred Number. The menu lags a bit before coming up.
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Interesting that they required you to do that. Seems like you should get to choose since it's your app.

    I also wanted to add that after using the app for the last few minutes, it is definitely noticeably slower than the previous version. Not sure what could be causing this, but I notice it mostly when choosing the Preferred Number. The menu lags a bit before coming up.
    Ok I'm going to pull it off the new version for a bit so I can see what's causing it to be slower before putting it back up. I might have left some debugging stuff which could have slowed it down too.
  4. ITNV's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #824  
    Are the changes that you're making the reason that I am getting a "Error Installing [4]" message when I try to install using Preware?

    (I apologize in advance if that's a dumb question... I'm new to the Pre and my searches didn't turn up any answers for the error.)
  5.    #825  
    Quote Originally Posted by ITNV View Post
    Are the changes that you're making the reason that I am getting a "Error Installing [4]" message when I try to install using Preware?

    (I apologize in advance if that's a dumb question... I'm new to the Pre and my searches didn't turn up any answers for the error.)
    Possibly. I removed the file from the homebrew catalog so it might be trying to get a file that's not there right now.

    I put back up v0.9.7 in case you need to get that version.
    Last edited by uptempo777; 10/06/2009 at 05:19 PM.
  6. ITNV's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #826  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Possibly. I removed the file from the homebrew catalog so it might be trying to get a file that's not there right now.
    Great, thanks! I thought I was missing a step or something! I'll check back later.
  7. #827  
    i'm going to admit that i haven't read all 42 pages of this thread, but i have a request. If this has already been addressed, I apologize.

    First, I love this app! It quickly became my most used downloaded application. I've put it on the quick launcher and it's open on my desktop most of the time. It's already made things so much easier.

    My request is: would it be possible to set preferred numbers for dialing, SMS, and email when a user sets a contact to prompt? then when the user taps the contact it opens a screen with the call, messaging, email icons and maybe an icon for other. Other would then take them to a full list of numbers/emails to choose from. The icons for call, messaging, and email would open the appropriate program with the contacts ipreferred numbers/info ready to go.

    Does this make sense? is it possible? is it already available and i dont' know how to set it up? is it beyond the scope of the app? I know it would make things much simpler for me. For my husband i have four numbers and two emails listed but only really call and message him on one of them. it's a pain scrolling through the rest!

    Thank you again for making this great app and i can't wait to see new things in the updates!
    thank you,
    Michelle!
  8. #828  
    @ams12277 QC does that actually. If you set your contact to prompt and push their pic a drop down list will appear with the contacts numbers to choose from. You also can select an sms even an email(thnx uptempo777 for this) as preferred#. Actually I think everything in your post you asked about QC does it all. And that's why this app is so awesome!
  9. #829  
    I know that when i set a contact to prompt, it will give me a long list of numbers to choose from...

    For example I have Mr. ams12277 set to Prompt. I tap his picture. I get a list of:
    Call Mobile #
    Call Work #
    Call Home #
    SMS Mobile #
    SMS Work #
    SMS Home #
    email Home
    email work

    What I would like to get:
    Call Icon
    SMS Icon
    Email Icon
    Other

    (the first three would be linked to numbers that i selected from the original list when setting up the quick contact. Other would pull up the full list for me to choose from).



    I understand that i can set quick contacts to preferrential call one contact
    (ie my mom only has a land line so i have her set to call when ever i tap her photo. My brother i only text. my work associate i only email)....
  10. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Possibly. I removed the file from the homebrew catalog so it might be trying to get a file that's not there right now.

    I put back up v0.9.7 in case you need to get that version.
    I installed the 0.9.9 version this afternoon. It doesn't really seem to be slower to me. However one thing I did notice is that if you set a custom background, a white background will pop up for s split second before loading in your custom background. Thats hella annoying. I know it's a very minor thing compared to the over all applications but still lol.
  11. #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by ams12277 View Post
    I know that when i set a contact to prompt, it will give me a long list of numbers to choose from...

    For example I have Mr. ams12277 set to Prompt. I tap his picture. I get a list of:
    Call Mobile #
    Call Work #
    Call Home #
    SMS Mobile #
    SMS Work #
    SMS Home #
    email Home
    email work

    What I would like to get:
    Call Icon
    SMS Icon
    Email Icon
    Other

    (the first three would be linked to numbers that i selected from the original list when setting up the quick contact. Other would pull up the full list for me to choose from).



    I understand that i can set quick contacts to preferrential call one contact
    (ie my mom only has a land line so i have her set to call when ever i tap her photo. My brother i only text. my work associate i only email)....
    +1 That's a great idea
  12. #832  
    ok, one question. For those of us that have donated and are to get free updates, what's going to happen when it hits the app cat. And we can't update b/c we are past our "app mem limit" or b/c of that issue where is you have a home brew app that it goes to the app cat, you have to deleate the homebrew ver to got (pay for) the app cat version?
  13. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markonian View Post
    Please P.M. me if you open donations before app catalog.

    Thanks!
    What does this mean?
  14.    #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by ams12277 View Post
    I know that when i set a contact to prompt, it will give me a long list of numbers to choose from...

    For example I have Mr. ams12277 set to Prompt. I tap his picture. I get a list of:
    Call Mobile #
    Call Work #
    Call Home #
    SMS Mobile #
    SMS Work #
    SMS Home #
    email Home
    email work

    What I would like to get:
    Call Icon
    SMS Icon
    Email Icon
    Other

    (the first three would be linked to numbers that i selected from the original list when setting up the quick contact. Other would pull up the full list for me to choose from).



    I understand that i can set quick contacts to preferrential call one contact
    (ie my mom only has a land line so i have her set to call when ever i tap her photo. My brother i only text. my work associate i only email)....
    Makes sense. I have a couple of ideas that might get that to happen since I know the list can get long if one of your contact's has a lot of phone numbers.

    Thanks!
    uptempo777
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    I installed the 0.9.9 version this afternoon. It doesn't really seem to be slower to me. However one thing I did notice is that if you set a custom background, a white background will pop up for s split second before loading in your custom background. Thats hella annoying. I know it's a very minor thing compared to the over all applications but still lol.
    Yeah I haven't figured out how to make it not flicker when changing backgrounds. It's annoying to me too so I'll try to get that resolved soon.
  16.    #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    What does this mean?
    I closed donations now since it should be in the App Catalog soon.
  17.    #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    ok, one question. For those of us that have donated and are to get free updates, what's going to happen when it hits the app cat. And we can't update b/c we are past our "app mem limit" or b/c of that issue where is you have a home brew app that it goes to the app cat, you have to deleate the homebrew ver to got (pay for) the app cat version?
    For updates, I will continue to put the newest version of Quick Contacts on here as homebrew. It will be a trial version but if you are registered as an early donor, it won't expire and will be the latest version (as if there were no trial). The App Catalog will be a little slower to get the latest and greatest version because they have an internal approval process which could take some time for it to go through.

    So basically, if you are registered as an early donor, get the updates from Filecoaster/Preware/WebOs Quick Install, etc.

    If you purchase it through the App Catalog, you can get your updates from there.

    Another thing to note, Palm has required me to have different App Ids for the version here and the App Catalog so if you install the version here and the version that will be on the App Catalog, you will have 2 simultaneous copies of Quick Contacts running.

    Hope that's not too confusing.

    uptempo777
  18. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #838  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    +1 That's a great idea
    -1 - should be an option.. (I'm always dialing different numbers for people depending on the time of day. i.e. cell vs. work vs. home)
  19.    #839  
    I've also pushed back up v0.9.9 of Quick Contacts. Cleaned up a couple of things but it's pretty much the same as the previous upload of v0.9.9.

    Give it a run through and let me know what you find!

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 10/07/2009 at 01:03 PM.
  20. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I've also pushed back up v0.9.9 of Quick Contacts. Cleaned up a couple of things but it's pretty much the same as the previous upload of v0.9.9.

    Give it a run through and let me know what you find!

    Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Ack, I have to wait until I get home to try. I have the original 0.9.9 and cannot update in Preware without removing first (and presumably losing my settings) since it's the same version number.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions