Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    I have removed the PayPal Donation link for donating to receive lifetime updates.

Everyone who has donated will still be able to get free updates of the latest version from here.

Quick Contacts is not yet on the paid App Catalog but just setting things up before it does.

Thanks,
    uptempo777

When in the catalog will I still be able to use paypal? It's my preferred method of payment. I would donate now if I could.
  2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshue View Post
    that sucks man, mine is about to expire, its not on the app store yet and i just noticed you said the "donation" version will contain newer tweaks than the app store

--mooshue waves a crisp $5 bill in the air -----
    If your version of Quick Contacts does expire, you will still be able to use it but there will be a message saying that it expires.

I'm gonna try to put out a new version by tomorrow or Wednesday so that you can use it for another 14 days until it gets to the App Catalog.
  3.    #803  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markonian View Post
    When in the catalog will I still be able to use paypal? It's my preferred method of payment. I would donate now if I could.
    I don't know if Palm will accept PayPal in the official App Catalog. From what I've seen, they'll take credit cards only.

If I hear anything from Palm regarding a delay in going to the catalog, I may open the donation window again for a limited time.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Markonian View Post
    For now, Palm only accepts (certain) credit cards. Oddly, they pay developers via PayPal. Looks like they don't want PayPal to take a cut of THEIR payments, but they aren't as worried about the developers.

If you have a PayPal account with a debit card, you can use that since it's a MasterCard.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    For now, Palm only accepts (certain) credit cards. Oddly, they pay developers via PayPal. Looks like they don't want PayPal to take a cut of THEIR payments, but they aren't as worried about the developers.

If you have a PayPal account with a debit card, you can use that since it's a MasterCard.

Companies have to pay credit card companies for CC payments..in case you didn't know. So rest assured, Palm isn't screwing the developers any more than they themselves are being screwed by CC companies.
    I just tried to download the update from the FileCoaster app and it won't install. I have version 0.9.7 (Paid Version) installed. When I click on the "Tap to Update" icon, it claims it is downloading, but then just displays a "Downloaded" instead of installing. My version still reads 0.9.7.

How do I update?

Thanks,
    Richard Murphy
    Utempo, how much is it going to cost in app catalog? My friends like your app over the photo dialer app that is available in the catalog and they were asking what your price was going to be once it hits the app catalog since they don't have a Precentral account.

Thanks again, great app! It's the card that I always have open on my Pre!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #808  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmurfster View Post
    I just tried to download the update from the FileCoaster app and it won't install. I have version 0.9.7 (Paid Version) installed. When I click on the "Tap to Update" icon, it claims it is downloading, but then just displays a "Downloaded" instead of installing. My version still reads 0.9.7.

How do I update?

Thanks,
    Richard Murphy
    Sorry, just found a bug I'm trying to fix first. I'll push it up in a little when I take care of that.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Utempo, how much is it going to cost in app catalog? My friends like your app over the photo dialer app that is available in the catalog and they were asking what your price was going to be once it hits the app catalog since they don't have a Precentral account.

I'm curious about the price as well.
    Havent used this for a while yet, but look forward to getting it (price willing).
  10.    #810  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post

Still haven't decided on the price. Might be from $2.50 - $6. Not gonna get too crazy with it.
  11.    #811  
    Quick Contacts v0.9.9 is now available!

Some of the highlights that you have been asking for are here including adding your own custom background image, you won't get a blank image if one of your contact's changes their facebook picture, phone number is now formatted the same way as your contacts and a bunch more!

Here's the list of updates:

Version 0.9.9 [10/6/2009]
    -------------------------
    - Bug fix: Preferred item alignment is fixed (broke when WebOS v1.2 was installed)
    - Bug fix: When a contact changes their picture, the picture will not disappear and leave an empty space
    - Added feature: When resyncing a contact, display name and preferred information will be
    saved.
    - Added feature: Preferences - Can now change background image to Custom image
    - Added feature: Preferences - Ability to change Font Shade to dark/light for better contrast
    with background
    - Added feature: Tools - Remove Gaps Between Contacts
    - Added feature: Tools - Delete All Contacts
    - Added feature: Banner notifications on certain operations
    - Contact Details - Phone number is now shown in formatted form
    - Contact Details - Left aligned contact's name
    - Added Help to Preferences
    - Updated Help

uptempo777
    I love the latest changes! Great job!

There is a problem if you have any app running that shows an icon in the System Tray. The bottom icons of Quick Contacts (Contacts, SMS, Email, Dialer) are shoved up into the bottom row and block the name (if you have names showing on the bottom) or generally mess up the display. If you are in grid view, this blocks the Preferred Number icon as well.

I think you could gain space by removing the Title bar or Page indicator from the top as it is in list view. This would make the bottom row empty and when the bottom Quick Contact icons are shoved up, it would cover an empty row instead of a row with valuable information.

Another suggestion to remove the "Page x of x", which would free up a row, you could use the "hash marks" like the Launcher does when you have a page on the left or right available.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

How is everyone's performance? List scrolling and navigating around the app is a lot rougher for me than in 0.9.7 (where it was much smoother). Of course I tried restarting/etc. It's not horrible or anything, just not as smooth as it was.

Please P.M. me if you open donations before app catalog.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post

How is everyone's performance? List scrolling and navigating around the app is a lot rougher for me than in 0.9.7 (where it was much smoother). Of course I tried restarting/etc. It's not horrible or anything, just not as smooth as it was.

looking around the forums a number of people are reporting that type of behavior after 1.2.1 for a number of apps and the browser.

Um, will you lose anything in your paypal payment? I don't think paypal will get a cut (not directly anyway). Look at all the cashback services like bing and fatwallet. They do paypal payouts and I was not docked any fees (yes, I have a premiere account).
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    looking around the forums a number of people are reporting that type of behavior after 1.2.1 for a number of apps and the browser.
    I was fine after 1.2.1 with 0.9.7, just the 0.9.9 update has thrown a little bit of a drag into things. It's no major issue, but noticeable.
  18.    #818  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post

Are you using your own custom background? I'm wondering if using a high-res background vs. using a pre-defined one makes it act slower.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Are you using your own custom background? I'm wondering if using a high-res background vs. using a pre-defined one makes it act slower.

uptempo777
    Nope, that was going to be my first move though... figured I wait a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmurfster View Post
    I think you could gain space by removing the Title bar or Page indicator from the top as it is in list view. This would make the bottom row empty and when the bottom Quick Contact icons are shoved up, it would cover an empty row instead of a row with valuable information.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks,
    Richard
    I agree with this. Unless I'm mistaken, it appears you moved the page indicator from the bottom to the top. This is taking up unnecessary space and making it look bad on the bottom when you have notifications in the tray. An option to remove this indicator would be great!

Thanks for the update!