Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    One thing I would like to see is for the listed email addresses to show up in the same order as they are in the contacts page. Right now email addresses are listed alphabetically by domain name.

So for one of my contacts, she uses both hotmail and gmail. In the contacts details, her hotmail address comes up first. But when I use QC to email her I have to scroll down to the hotmail as the gmail address is on top. Not a huge deal but something that would be nice to have.
    Thanks for the insight. I'll check that one out.

uptempo777
    after the 1.2 update I was one of many whose phones did a reset and now all of my homebrew apps are gone () and I hate that I don't have QC on my phone anymore.
  3.    #783  
    Quote Originally Posted by keyhole_s View Post
    after the 1.2 update I was one of many whose phones did a reset and now all of my homebrew apps are gone () and I hate that I don't have QC on my phone anymore.
    Are you able to reinstall Quick Contacts (and other homebrew apps) through FileCoaster or WebOS Quick Install?

uptempo777
    I've been reading that WebOSQI doesn't work at the moment with the 1.2 update and to wait for one that is compatible. FileCoaster was also removed from my phone because of the reset. I think cause I was so use to FileCoaster I kind of forgot to how to get it back on the phone through Novacmnd. I'm like a lost little puppy haha.
    Great app! I really love the "quick dial" preference, and if you want to dial another # or SMS/Email the contact, just touch and hold.

A suggestion - Larger text if the contact doesn't have a picture. My aging eyes will thank you!
    I'm still seeing normal behavior after 1.2 install. Quick Contacts working great. Filecoaster and all my apps & homebrews are still present and accounted for, SIR!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    the tweaks dont work with webos quickinstall but i was able to reinstall quickcontacts as well as other apps with no problem.

edit: i also did a complete reset with webos doctor to start from scratch and lost everything.
  8. Cin
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Wanted to thank you for this amazing app. Can't wait to see it in the official app catalog
    Thanks for this great app!
    I was able to get FileCoaster back on to my phone using the SDK method. The homebrew list doesn't work but I was able to use the url and download QC back to my phone. Works great (knock on wood) now all I need are my games.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    With respect to the recent breaking of Exchange with the WebOS 1.2 update for many folks, I called Palm Tech support and during their scripted debugging process they had me delete my
    EAS profile on the Pre otherwise they would "not be able to escalate the
    issue". That blew away all of my contacts / emails, etc. on the Pre. Major
    fail, especially for the contacts. You really need those on the phone.

On the bright side, the Quick Contact homebrew app saved the day as I
    realized it cached all of the data for my most important contacts that I had
    added! It lost some of the thumbnail contact photos but no biggie. I am glad I had loaded up both available pages with all of the most important family and work contacts I could think of.

Thank you!!
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Great application, I have it on my Quick Launch along w/GDial.

2 Enhancement Requests:

1. Add support for optional *82 prefix on each of a contact's phone numbers for those of us who have their mobile accounts setup w/private numbers but would like them revealed to some contacts on a case-by-case basis. My scenario is that I don't want most people to have my mobile number, but when I call home or my wife I want it displayed so it's clear I'm calling.
    Right now the way native Contacts are setup I have to add an additional Other phone number with *82 "hard" entered before a phone number that already exists (e.g., Work or Mobile phone number). If I just added *82 to the existing phone number then my MMS would work correctly. Palm doesn't really offer any support for the private number and *82 scenario.

2. Make the contacts movable (i.e., like in the launcher) so that they can be arranged w/o having to delete and re-add them.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I hesitate to ask this, but...

There's a discussion going on in another thread (FriendsFlow) which is suggesting (to me, at least) that Palm is not going to allow developers to give out free copies of software that's a paid app in the catalog. Since Palm is controlling the purchasing mechanism, they are the ones that take your money. As well, apparently, they are prohibiting apps from being put into the catalog as "free" where the developer has their own mechanism for collecting payment. (In fact, it's been said that Palm could sue a developer for this). Lastly, Palm is not allowing apps to be distributed via their catalog AND via another mechanism.

Given that there was a "give a $5 donation and it'll be free forever" concept, how will this work with the app catalog? Have you been able to get agreement from Palm?

Not meaning to cause concern, but some developers (not just the FriendsFlow developer) have been talking about these restrictions on the catalog.
  14.    #794  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I hesitate to ask this, but...

There's a discussion going on in another thread (FriendsFlow) which is suggesting (to me, at least) that Palm is not going to allow developers to give out free copies of software that's a paid app in the catalog. Since Palm is controlling the purchasing mechanism, they are the ones that take your money. As well, apparently, they are prohibiting apps from being put into the catalog as "free" where the developer has their own mechanism for collecting payment. (In fact, it's been said that Palm could sue a developer for this). Lastly, Palm is not allowing apps to be distributed via their catalog AND via another mechanism.

Given that there was a "give a $5 donation and it'll be free forever" concept, how will this work with the app catalog? Have you been able to get agreement from Palm?

Not meaning to cause concern, but some developers (not just the FriendsFlow developer) have been talking about these restrictions on the catalog.
    I plan on removing the '$5 donation and free forever' once it's in the Paid Apps Catalog. From then on, as per Palm's requirement, I will keep a different version on here than the one on the app catalog. The version here will contain newer features/bug fixes to fit that requirement.

I've been speaking with my Palm rep and that has been fine for now. If they change that, then I'll let you guys know.

uptempo777
    After updating to 1.2, I lost most -- but, oddly, not all -- of my QuickContacts settings. Now, when I resync those contacts, the photos that once were laser-sharp appear very blurry. A couple contacts remained intact, with their sharp photos. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    After updating to 1.2, I lost most -- but, oddly, not all -- of my QuickContacts settings. Now, when I resync those contacts, the photos that once were laser-sharp appear very blurry. A couple contacts remained intact, with their sharp photos. Any ideas?
    Oops. Just answered my own question. Problem is not with Quick Contacts, it's with the system. Relinked the photos in question to their contacts in the Contacts app itself, now QC is working as it should (which means it is working GREAT).
  17.    #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by nycpre View Post
    Great application, I have it on my Quick Launch along w/GDial.

2 Enhancement Requests:

1. Add support for optional *82 prefix on each of a contact's phone numbers for those of us who have their mobile accounts setup w/private numbers but would like them revealed to some contacts on a case-by-case basis. My scenario is that I don't want most people to have my mobile number, but when I call home or my wife I want it displayed so it's clear I'm calling.
    Right now the way native Contacts are setup I have to add an additional Other phone number with *82 "hard" entered before a phone number that already exists (e.g., Work or Mobile phone number). If I just added *82 to the existing phone number then my MMS would work correctly. Palm doesn't really offer any support for the private number and *82 scenario.

2. Make the contacts movable (i.e., like in the launcher) so that they can be arranged w/o having to delete and re-add them.
    I'm working on #2. As for #1, that's a good idea. That would also allow for a phone-dialed Google Voice solution for now.

Thanks!
    uptempo777
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    There is a donate link on the first post of this thread. From there, I'll give you instructions on registering Quick Contacts.

Thanks,
    uptempo777

I cannot find the donate link on the first post. Am I missing something? Lastly, will I still get updates when the catalog opens?
  19.    #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markonian View Post
    I cannot find the donate link on the first post. Am I missing something? Lastly, will I still get updates when the catalog opens?
    I have removed the PayPal Donation link for donating to receive lifetime updates.

Everyone who has donated will still be able to get free updates of the latest version from here.

Quick Contacts is not yet on the paid App Catalog but just setting things up before it does.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    that sucks man, mine is about to expire, its not on the app store yet and i just noticed you said the "donation" version will contain newer tweaks than the app store

--mooshue waves a crisp $5 bill in the air -----