Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    Excellent Utility! Much needed! Although I have speed dials assigned to my most frequent contacts, I have to open the keyboard to dial, and that defeats the purpose of a touchscreen.
    One problem I am having. My contacts don't have pictures. When I add a contact who has a company name, the contact's name correctly appears on top of the default image, but the company name also appears underneath the default image just below. For example, if I am adding the contact to position 3, the company name appears beneath the default image in position 6. If I then add a contact to position 6, the contact name for position 6 and the company name for positon 3 are superimposed over position 6.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlich18 View Post
    Excellent Utility! Much needed! Although I have speed dials assigned to my most frequent contacts, I have to open the keyboard to dial, and that defeats the purpose of a touchscreen.
    One problem I am having. My contacts don't have pictures. When I add a contact who has a company name, the contact's name correctly appears on top of the default image, but the company name also appears underneath the default image just below. For example, if I am adding the contact to position 3, the company name appears beneath the default image in position 6. If I then add a contact to position 6, the contact name for position 6 and the company name for positon 3 are superimposed over position 6.
    Thanks dlich!

Yeah it's a bug if the person's name/company name is too long. It overflows somewhere under. That's one of the items on my to-do list.

uptempo777
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Great work so far, really wishing you luck on speed improvements. If you can get it to where it runs a little more quickly/smoothly, this would easily become a key app for me.

I actually thought a neat version to go on the wave bar would be an icon that just pops up a box (similar to the battery info) with your recent calls or speed dials or something. I just always seem to struggle in quickly getting the calls I want to make.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I came to say thanks and to report a bug/problem but it looks like it's already been fixed... that's what I call "service", anyone wanna take bets about that kind of updating on the official app catalog?

thanks again...

PS - an app idea; photo-dialer for Google Voice...
    I think this is a terrific app. I'm not the biggest fan of the current speed dial functionality. I actually replaced the dialer in my quick launch with your app. Great work!
    P.S. I'm a novice musician, please check out my work if you get a chance, thanks much.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2ndDayRiffs
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    With the latest release (with the dialer), this is really great. Even with a little roughness, it's still one of the most useful additions to my Pre. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    great App! Thank You so much!...between this and Mytether I have made the best investment with my PRE! ...thank you Homebrew developers!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Great app. I have replaced my dialer on the quick launch bar with your app. The only thing i feel like it could use is the ability to also choose to text people from it. Great work though, my fav app thus far.
    Great app!! Downloaded last night...and used right away!
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Funny how one simple app can change how you use a phone, and what you think of it.

This one is great. I also replaced it on my quicklaunch.

Thanks for taking the time to work out the kinks!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    great great great..
    Awesome app! Can't wait for the ability to set a default number to dial for contacts. Also, the ability to choose between dialing or texting a contact would be really cool. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    You Rock! The addition of the Phone Dialer button makes this a required app! Keep up the good work! If you integrate SMS it will be perfect!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Love IT!! replaced my dialer quick launch too!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Update works a lot smoother! Also great addition of the dialer app button.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!! Best App Here. IMO! A feature that should have been included from the begining. Thanks Again!!!
    Hi uptempo777 I hate to sound to dum but when i click on the link to download this tool (from my pre) I got an error message... I just got my Pre Two days ago and would like to add this to my phone... Is there another tool (filecoaster) i need first inorder to DL this???
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Msinfo View Post
    Hi uptempo777 I hate to sound to dum but when i click on the link to download this tool (from my pre) I got an error message... I just got my Pre Two days ago and would like to add this to my phone... Is there another tool (filecoaster) i need first inorder to DL this???
    No problem, we all had to start from square one with our brand new Pre at some point. =)

The easiest way would be to get FileCoaster on your Pre. Once you have that on there, Quick Contacts is one of the apps available on the Homebrew Download List.

Check out the thread on FileCoaster to see how to get that on your Pre.

uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 08/11/2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Since the photo for several of my contacts comes from FaceBook.. will this program also dynamically pick up the new picture when someone changes it on FaceBook?
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by unclegeek View Post
    Since the photo for several of my contacts comes from FaceBook.. will this program also dynamically pick up the new picture when someone changes it on FaceBook?
    No it won't, you would have to resync it by choosing the Replace/Resync button and rechoosing the contact.

Unfortunately the webOS SDK doesn't currently support directly accessing the contacts to pickup changes. So this is the best solution available in the interim until they do or someone finds a way around it.

uptempo777
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast