Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
  1.    #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by cplantz View Post
    How do I donate after the program has been added to my phone?
    There is a donate link on the first post of this thread. From there, I'll give you instructions on registering Quick Contacts.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    For now, you can add your own phone number into one of the contact spots. Then name it to Voicemail.

uptempo777
    I have my voicemail (with a photo of my office), and I included the pauses and the pin number so when it dials, I don't have to hit any keys until I get to the part where it asks me to delete or save my message.
    Steve
  3.    #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by smkcpa View Post
    I have my voicemail (with a photo of my office), and I included the pauses and the pin number so when it dials, I don't have to hit any keys until I get to the part where it asks me to delete or save my message.
    Cool! That's a pretty useful solution.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo777 View Post
    Cool! That's a pretty useful solution.
    Yes, a useful solution made possible by a very useful app. Thanks again for your hard work.
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Yes the days thing would go away and allow the program to boot a little faster.
    WHat about the Loading Contacts... message, would that go away too...
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodriguez4231 View Post
    No, but it flashes by pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodriguez4231 View Post
    QC is one of the few cards that stays open all day on my Pre, so it's always loaded and ready to go.

Regards,
    Tom
    Great app! Very useful. I use it daily. I will be donating to show my appreciation.

I have added it to my quicklaunch bar, it would be really nice if the icon for launching it matches/uses the icon for contacts that the theme (original blue) i have installed uses. How can I do this or can it be done?
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvtonder View Post
    Great app! Very useful. I use it daily. I will be donating to show my appreciation.

I have added it to my quicklaunch bar, it would be really nice if the icon for launching it matches/uses the icon for contacts that the theme (original blue) i have installed uses. How can I do this or can it be done?
    SSH into your Pre (search the forums if you need info on how), gain root privileges, then:

Code:
    cd /var/usr/palm/applications/com.quickcontacts/
    cp icon.png icon.png.bak
    cp /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/icon.png .
    initctl stop LunaSysMgr
    initctl start LunaSysMgr
    Don't miss the period at the end of the 3rd line.

That'll do it for you... I actually do this for myself as well (same Original Blue theme too, heh).

Edit: As a side note, you will have to do this again anytime you update Quick Contacts.
    Great App Uptempo. I donated a couple of days ago. Was I supposed to receive something from you? Thanks.
  11.    #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by jokesh323 View Post
    Great App Uptempo. I donated a couple of days ago. Was I supposed to receive something from you? Thanks.
    You should've received something in your email. Check your Spam cause it might have went in there. Otherwise private message me your email address so I can check.

Thanks,
    uptempo777
    Got it. It was in my spam folder Thank you!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    There is a little bug i found after i updated to webos 1.2. i dont know if its just my phone but the preferred number when viewing the contact info is not centered. i dunno if im explaining myself and i cant post a screenie at the moment. sorry if it has been brought up already.
  14.    #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldostang View Post
    There is a little bug i found after i updated to webos 1.2. i dont know if its just my phone but the preferred number when viewing the contact info is not centered. i dunno if im explaining myself and i cant post a screenie at the moment. sorry if it has been brought up already.
    Yes I've seen that as well. That should be fixed by the next release.

Thanks!
    uptempo777
    I have a suggestion for you:

I use Gdial Pro, and when I click on a favorite it brings up a window giving me the option to call, sms, or cancel. I like like this b/c when using Quick Contacts after I am done texting a favorite the person's card is on their detail page and I have to swipe backwards to go back to the main dialer page. It just seems like an annoying step after each time I text someone.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

I use Gdial Pro, and when I click on a favorite it brings up a window giving me the option to call, sms, or cancel. I like like this b/c when using Quick Contacts after I am done texting a favorite the person's card is on their detail page and I have to swipe backwards to go back to the main dialer page. It just seems like an annoying step after each time I text someone.
    Choose "Prompt" as the preferred contact method for the contacts you want to perform that way.
    But wouldn't that just drain your battery?

Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    QC is one of the few cards that stays open all day on my Pre, so it's always loaded and ready to go.

Regards,
    Tom
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    I have never noticed any increased battery drain from having cards open for apps that just sit there not doing anything on their own.
  19.    #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

As DrSuSE suggested, you can set it to Prompt so you can choose which phone number/email address to use. Alternatively, you can choose an SMS as a preferred item when you tap their photo so you don't have to go to the contact details screen. IF you do that, then make sure you have Contact Details on Dial set to Off so it'll stay on the main contacts screen.

Hope that helps,
    uptempo777
    Last edited by uptempo777; 09/29/2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    One thing I would like to see is for the listed email addresses to show up in the same order as they are in the contacts page. Right now email addresses are listed alphabetically by domain name.

So for one of my contacts, she uses both hotmail and gmail. In the contacts details, her hotmail address comes up first. But when I use QC to email her I have to scroll down to the hotmail as the gmail address is on top. Not a huge deal but something that would be nice to have.